Alcantara Headlining

I have never seen these guys before and I now cannot stop looking through all their custom stuff! ****** expensive though, they do an alcantara headliner..

https://neidfaktor.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be expensive as just to remove all the panels and components is a massive job.

Amazing job this website shows.
Love the dash and all interior in alcantara.

You can diy it.
Get the alcantara or similar material and stick it on the existing head liner. Padding is already there.
Use the spray contact adhesive and it should work a treat.
Seen few yt videos of that

I have had my RANGE ROVER fully bespoke at a cost of £17k inside and out.
These guys are the best in the business by soMe way.

http://www.b-trim.co.uk/

Crikey now that’s a commitment!! What did you get for that? Also, something I thought randomly if you pay a lot for trimming - do you declare it on insurance? Presume you want some cash back if anything happens

It will be expensive as just to remove all the panels and components is a massive job.

Amazing job this website shows.
Love the dash and all interior in alcantara.

You can diy it.
Get the alcantara or similar material and stick it on the existing head liner. Padding is already there.
Use the spray contact adhesive and it should work a treat.
Seen few yt videos of that

I’ve seen how to remove the headliner - not easy but doesn’t seem mega hard, I’m up for it. I did think of DIY - only thing is, I’d want to do the pillars as well but there are airbags in the A pillars (I think that’s the only pillars to have them) and I don’t know how they work - do they break open the pillar plastic or does the plastic swivel off? I’m wondering if I will be stopping the function of the airbag by re-trimming the pillar.

Spoke to a local guy - he said he could retail just the headliner in alcantara for £300, he sounded good although he did call it “alacantara” so that might be a bad sign!!

Crikey now that’s a commitment!! What did you get for that? Also, something I thought randomly if you pay a lot for trimming - do you declare it on insurance? Presume you want some cash back if anything happens

Hi,
Yes we would recommend declaring any interior changes to your insurance company.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,
Yes we would recommend declaring any interior changes to your insurance company.
Regards,
Dan.

If you do a DIY job would you still declare it Dan? What would be the situation if you had to claim - for example if a trimmer charged £500 and the was written off do you get more for it based on the trimming? If you did a DIY job and the material cost £200 or something what’s the scenario there? Interested

Full Overfinch body kit, full over finch interior - alcantra headlining, new leather throughout, alcantara on dash board etc etc etc
lol
Thats when i had money to burn

I’ve seen how to remove the headliner - not easy but doesn’t seem mega hard, I’m up for it. I did think of DIY - only thing is, I’d want to do the pillars as well but there are airbags in the A pillars (I think that’s the only pillars to have them) and I don’t know how they work - do they break open the pillar plastic or does the plastic swivel off? I’m wondering if I will be stopping the function of the airbag by re-trimming the pillar.

Spoke to a local guy - he said he could retail just the headliner in alcantara for £300, he sounded good although he did call it “alacantara” so that might be a bad sign!!

A pillars open over from the door side. Airbag blow them with force to pop the clips.
I’ve removed my ones when I was looking for some drone/rattle noise from the dashboard and have the airbag over the pillar and above the doors as a curtain.

A pillars open over from the door side. Airbag blow them with force to pop the clips.
I’ve removed my ones when I was looking for some drone/rattle noise from the dashboard and have the airbag over the pillar and above the doors as a curtain.

So you should be able to cover the A pillars with any fabric and it will be fine?

How do the ones above the doors work? Do they come from above the headlining? If so, do you know how they come out?

So you should be able to cover the A pillars with any fabric and it will be fine?

How do the ones above the doors work? Do they come from above the headlining? If so, do you know how they come out?

Yes, it should be just retrim job.

Not too sure about A4’s trim removals.
If there are any trims covering the head liners, they would be on metal clips so should pop out easily.

Yes, it should be just retrim job.

Not too sure about A4’s trim removals.
If there are any trims covering the head liners, they would be on metal clips so should pop out easily.

Sorry I meant the airbags - you said some come down from above the doors

Sorry I meant the airbags - you said some come down from above the doors

Same way as a pillars, I think.
Should pop open when airbag is deployed and open up the trims to fully blow up the airbag, like a curtain