Purchased this today

Faizan777

Reaction score
IMG 20180409 WA0007
IMG 20180409 WA0005

I had a mk7 golf R (300BHP) but after hearing the sound of the RS3 exhaust system, I literally fell in love with the car. I know my golf R managed to get to a top speed of 163MPH but don't know if the RS3 would do the same. Whats the top speed you have gotten on a stock RS3? And are they limited to 155mph?

Reactions: AudiNutta, oli356, RS4B5 and 5 others
The limit is 155 although the rumour is you can run through it in 6th then change up to 7th and carry on! Air will stop you eventually though as the car is brick shaped after all ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Faizan777
The limit is 155 although the rumour is you can run through it in 6th then change up to 7th and carry on! Air will stop you eventually though as the car is brick shaped after all ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Does the PFL not have a six speed S-Tronic?

View attachment 152827View attachment 152828

I had a mk7 golf R (300BHP) but after hearing the sound of the RS3 exhaust system, I literally fell in love with the car. I know my golf R managed to get to a top speed of 163MPH but don't know if the RS3 would do the same. Whats the top speed you have gotten on a stock RS3? And are they limited to 155mph?
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the car and the forum

I’ve just done the same!
Came from Golf 7 R to a Sepang blue RS3

Reactions: Faizan777 and T-800
Nice spec! :)

As said above will go through the limiter if you stay in 6th and yes it's a 7 speed.

I’ve just done the same!
Came from Golf 7 R to a Sepang blue RS3
Was yours a DSG or manual, mine was a manual and I lost a few races with with cars that had similar power but had the advantage of being a DSG. I was also thinking of tuning it but people said that the clutches on the golf R were very weak.

I'll just have to see if this is better than my golf R at top end.

It’s better than the Golf R at all ends of the performance spectrum, larger engine, more horsepower, more torque. There are optional
174 limiters to these cars too. You can probably see 180ish on the clocks max out with standard power (with 174 package)

Can’t agree with running through the limiters for max speed tho, I’ve owned enough Audi’s and tried enough times to know there is a limiter in place regardless of the gear used to get there. However, the 155mph limit is usually found around the 165 speedo mark. It’s almost like a 155 GPS limit rather than a 155 speedo needle limit. My RS6 slammed into it many times when it was standard, lower gears didn’t help get through it. Saying that I haven’t done it in a PFL RS3 so that particular car may be different to all the other Audi’s I’ve done it in.

Reactions: Marshy, mz21 and Faizan777
Was yours a DSG or manual, mine was a manual and I lost a few races with with cars that had similar power but had the advantage of being a DSG. I was also thinking of tuning it but people said that the clutches on the golf R were very weak.

Yeah mine was dsg, and mapped so went very well.
Just sounded like a sewing machine no matter what I done with it

Reactions: FBF01 and T-800
Haha lol, I was just going to put a cobra sport exhaust on mine, good job I didnt.

Same, two weeks ago I traded my 2016 Golf R for a 2016 RS3, it seems like it's a trend in here! And all because of the same reason, the Golf R sounds like absolute ****.

The RS3 is way stronger in all speeds, I measured 35 sec. 0-250 kmh in my Golf R, and 25 sec. 0-250 in my RS3. Different league.

Also speed limiter works in all gears, not possible to go past limiter in 6th gear.

Same, two weeks ago I traded my 2016 Golf R for a 2016 RS3, it seems like it's a trend in here! And all because of the same reason, the Golf R sounds like absolute ****.

The RS3 is way stronger in all speeds, I measured 35 sec. 0-250 kmh in my Golf R, and 25 sec. 0-250 in my RS3. Different league.

Yeah the noise isn't brutal with the golf r, the new akrapovic seems to be loud but I don't think it is louder than the RS3 dynamic sport exhaust.

Yeah the noise isn't brutal with the golf r, the new akrapovic seems to be loud but I don't think it is louder than the RS3 dynamic sport exhaust.

it isnt for sure, you cannot overcome the fact that it is a 4 cylinder, it is a good engine but a boring one.

Reactions: Marshy
Oh that's a shame, even if i can get 163mph like the golf r that would be good.

Could it not just be that the speedo reads 163 mph but the cars speed is actually only 155 mph?
That would be an 8 mph discrepancy between actual speed and speedo which is acceptable at that speed?

Main reason I got rid of my Golf R was the engine sounding so boring. Great all round car and would highly recommend one to someone (can probably get a secondhand one for £15k now) but it lacks any drama.

Reactions: neg and RS4B5
Yeah I’d go as far to say my R was the best car I’ve ever had!
Perfect in every way apart from the soundtrack.

Reactions: sve170 and T-800
I thought my R was a great car..........just missing that engine drama though and certainly no slouch with a JB4 on it......

Reactions: sve170 and jungle650
How do you even get the car to them sort of speeds here in the U.K.? Do you go on one of those vmax days or something else:smirk::tearsofjoy:
If you live in or near Germany I take it this would be on the autobahn.

I totally agree with all you ex R owners. My R has a Milltek and a JB4 and goes like stink ,but it does not excite me any more hence the change to the RS3.
Can't wait for it to arrive.

Reactions: jungle650 and Faizan777
Sorry, as much as the Golf R may be a good car, capable, quick, well built, good value for money etc, it’s image ruined it for me.

It is today’s version of the Saxo VTS.

Every time I see one on the roads all I think of it is, it’s a £250pm lease car. Very strange marketing from VW as the TDI variants of the Mk7/7.5 are more expensive on a monthly basis.

The cheap lease deals opened them up to owners at the cheaper end of the market, i.e the Barry Boy brigade. You see lots of them in council estates driven badly by chavs. Image totally ruined.

RS3 is in a different class, owned by a different type of owner. Instead of £250pm, the RS3 is going to cost someone £500pm+, this then limits the cars to a better audience.

Snobby view but is the truth. Golf R’s as good as they may be are 10 a penny, everyone has them, there’s no uniqueness. RS3’s are a much rarer sight and aren’t being driven by 20yr old Launch control outside schools nobs (in the main anyway)

Reactions: neg, deepy and Marshy
Sorry, as much as the Golf R may be a good car, capable, quick, well built, good value for money etc, it’s image ruined it for me.

It is today’s version of the Saxo VTS.

Every time I see one on the roads all I think of it is, it’s a £250pm lease car. Very strange marketing from VW as the TDI variants of the Mk7/7.5 are more expensive on a monthly basis.

The cheap lease deals opened them up to owners at the cheaper end of the market, i.e the Barry Boy brigade. You see lots of them in council estates driven badly by chavs. Image totally ruined.

RS3 is in a different class, owned by a different type of owner. Instead of £250pm, the RS3 is going to cost someone £500pm+, this then limits the cars to a better audience.

Snobby view but is the truth. Golf R’s as good as they may be are 10 a penny, everyone has them, there’s no uniqueness. RS3’s are a much rarer sight and aren’t being driven by 20yr old Launch control outside schools nobs (in the main anyway)
I had mine early 2015 for nearly two years on lease, £2k down and £200pm inc vat with metallic and DSG! Absolute bargain, but as you say, they are now a very common sight. Shame, as I would argue they are a better looking car than an S3.

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Marshy
I had mine early 2015 for nearly two years on lease, £2k down and £200pm inc vat with metallic and DSG! Absolute bargain, but as you say, they are now a very common sight. Shame, as I would argue they are a better looking car than an S3.
Agree about the looks, the R edges it slightly for me over the S3 but I like the fact that you can make your S3 more individual if you pay the money! Although that then takes you into RS3 money territory.

I was the other way I came from a 2017 face lift S3 and I loved the car couldn’t fault it but tear a little boring. I had an 8p S3 before that and I found that a lot more exciting.
as an everyday driver I prefer the newer S3 better tech and little touches but as a driver nothing Iv previously owned touches the RS3 the noise is incredible.
However and probs an unpopular opinion on here next I think I maybe tempted in to a M4 bmw.

Btw your car is a beauty and I regret getting the nardo now every time I see a sepang

If you want m4 order one quick as its being axed in August

Surely, if we had wanted one we would have bought one. Having had one in the past I would not rush back in lieu of the RS3.

Guys come on ! 150 160 170 stock RS is easy good for that. But are you serious on the public highway.
Where are you maxing your RS's ?
My fault entirely being a little too heavy with the right foot, I recently had a run in with an unmarked police car at well over 100, they were generous, very generous in fact (gives me a new found fondness for the fuzz) I think they liked the car!
Acceleration is the name of the game.
I will be a lot more careful in the future, so should you.

Oops - sounds like a rather unpleasant pants changing moment..... I agree with you - its all in the 0-60 and the resulting DSG rockets on the street - you just need the self control to turn it off at 60. Not sure I have mastered that art yet.

Reactions: Behind The Bins and cooperp
Yeah I’d go as far to say my R was the best car I’ve ever had!
Perfect in every way apart from the soundtrack.

Did I meet you at Awesome gti for those wheel spacers Marshy when I had my Golf R??

I'm loving mine mate. The Golf R is dead to me!!!

Reactions: mz21, Terminator x and Marshy
So far I’m loving mine, so glad I got one with mag ride and sports exhaust

Reactions: DW81 and millsy75