Starting to plan Car after S3

The new X2 looks pretty good in the flesh.

I saw one at Hamburg airport departures earlier this week but did not have time to take a pic or two.

I am back there week after next and will take a few pics.

Stuttgart this week for a trade show and thinking about sneaking away for half a day to go to the Porsche museum

Reactions: PanamaS3, Broonie22, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Hey, nothing wrong with owning Louis Vuitton lol

I agree with what you're saying though, the times I see somebody (usually female) in an SUV manoeuvring into a space as if they're driving a 40ft artic, it's hilarious.
I don't understand why they buy them. Or actually more to the point how they buy them, as there are just far too many around, and considering the price point mmmmok.

Round by me, it's all about the Range Rover soccer mum.

Reactions: KenL and Tom.H
I definitely don't find my current S3 Boring to drive mate, my last one yes l did, facelift car far better to drive in every way, its even a bit faster
I find it hard to believe that the extra 10bhp that comes with the FL S3 makes it in any way significantly better or more interesting than my PFL.

I've even heard that the spanking new RS5 still has the dreaded DBW delay between S-Tronic and the ECU.

I just associate BMW with volume fleet cars tbh - especially the 3 series of course.

Audi just has a look which is more stylish & classy IMO.

It is all down to personal taste - but BMW's are far too blingy for my taste.

I would have a Merc over a Bimmer.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I just associate BMW with volume fleet cars tbh - especially the 3 series of course.

In terms of appearance I prefer Audi, I think Merc are quickly catching up with their latest models though.

BMW are probably better drivers cars but I find their interiors pretty bland.

I have been pretty negative against the S3 recently but had a good hoon on some clear country lanes at the weekend and it felt better the more I pushed it. 1st chance to have the windows down in a while, for a stock exhaust I think it makes plenty enough noise when pushed on, pretty much disappears when the windows are up though.

This is when I wish the budget extended to an RS.

Reactions: Broonie22, Tom.H, Audi Bairn and 1 other person

Didn’t think you got more blingy than Merc!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: PanamaS3
Didn’t think you got more blingy than Merc!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite a lot of Mercs turn my head to be fair - they are quite nice looking cars of late.
The only Bimmers I give a 2nd glance at are the full on M cars and even then I think they can look too extreme / in your face.
That is where Audi manage to blend all components just right IMO.
Audi S & RS cars may be more restrained in the looks department but that appeals to me.
Audi's exude quality & style without shouting about it :icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Quite a lot of Mercs turn my head to be fair - they are quite nice looking cars of late.
The only Bimmers I give a 2nd glance at are the full on M cars and even then I think they can look too extreme / in your face.
That is where Audi manage to blend all components just right IMO.
Audi S & RS cars may be more restrained in the looks department but that appeals to me.
Audi's exude quality & style without shouting about it :icon thumright:

To be fair not been in many recent mercs, apart from A class and E class, neither of which high performance models, but thought they were blingy and shiny inside, not to my taste at least. Some of the AMG models like c63 are beasts, but agree on BM, do like the M’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair not been in many recent mercs, apart from A class and E class, neither of which high performance models, but thought they were blingy and shiny inside, not to my taste at least. Some of the AMG models like c63 are beasts, but agree on BM, do like the M’s.

just gotta be a bit careful with those rear wheel drive Bimmers though :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bells and NevMan
What a tube!

ha ha I know :)

This is how BMW marketing want Buyers to think they can drive in their powerful rear wheel drive drift machines lol ...

instead of the reality :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and TYb
Precisely.
The first slide in the M2 was totally correctable but the driver didn't have the ability to do so, most people most of the time in most conditions will be faster in an S/RS but rear drive absolutely allows talent to shine through. Have a watch of for example touring car drivers driving the road going equivalents of their race cars and be amazed at what even a front wheel drive can do. Cars are all about the driver and not the means of drive.

Back on point, I have also been looking around to replace my near 4yr old manual S3 (bought at £29300 new).
For anything with M (dreadful dash)/R/RS (best interior)/AMG (me no likey interior)/TR (me no likey exterior) in the badge is well over £30k and some rising to £60k+ so I simply can't justify in my mind what on earth to get. Mine is quick enough, cheap to run, looks OK, nothing goes wrong so is even a C43 worth twice what mine currently gives me? Changing to a new R or S3 hardly seems worthwhile so likely keep mine until VW announce the R420 or maybe Audi RS1..........fingers crossed. Since when did fun and performance get so expensive.

Maybe the new Fiesta ST is the best way to get my kicks........I think I really want a modern equivalent of a 106 Rallye.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and TYb
If I could stretch to it then a new Xdrive M5 (Not that I can, but I can dream a little)

Reactions: NevMan
I find it hard to believe that the extra 10bhp that comes with the FL S3 makes it in any way significantly better or more interesting than my PFL.

I've even heard that the spanking new RS5 still has the dreaded DBW delay between S-Tronic and the ECU.

Yeah it has slightly more bhp and a tad more torque, but the new 7 speed gearbox makes a big difference compared to the 6 speed box which was laggy and hesitant, also having magnet dampers and wider/larger tyres/wheels really helps, there's no bouncy castle anymore, plus l like the looks of my car, my last S3 was a dealership order so l wasn't 100% happy with the spec, go drive one you'll see what l mean

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 2 others
Precisely.
The first slide in the M2 was totally correctable but the driver didn't have the ability to do so, most people most of the time in most conditions will be faster in an S/RS but rear drive absolutely allows talent to shine through. Have a watch of for example touring car drivers driving the road going equivalents of their race cars and be amazed at what even a front wheel drive can do. Cars are all about the driver and not the means of drive.

Back on point, I have also been looking around to replace my near 4yr old manual S3 (bought at £29300 new).
For anything with M (dreadful dash)/R/RS (best interior)/AMG (me no likey interior)/TR (me no likey exterior) in the badge is well over £30k and some rising to £60k+ so I simply can't justify in my mind what on earth to get. Mine is quick enough, cheap to run, looks OK, nothing goes wrong so is even a C43 worth twice what mine currently gives me? Changing to a new R or S3 hardly seems worthwhile so likely keep mine until VW announce the R420 or maybe Audi RS1..........fingers crossed. Since when did fun and performance get so expensive.

Maybe the new Fiesta ST is the best way to get my kicks........I think I really want a modern equivalent of a 106 Rallye.

This exactly. The all new S3 will start off around £40k. With options, it'll be £45k easily. How did this happen? A 300bhp car should be around £30k.

I blame PCP deals, as average Joe can have himself an S/RS/M/AMG/RS, that in standard HP terms years ago would be far out of reach.

Even the Audi S1 is over £30k once specced up. Got my preferred spec up to just over £32K ........ for an A1 !!!!

So if Audi do build an RS1 (can't see it on this plantform) it'll be nudging £35-40k. Yeah, it'll be damn quick, and would estimate 265-300bhp. But like you say the new Fiesta ST comes out soon, ant that'll be around £20k. Would an RS1 be worth nearly twice as much as a Fiesta ST? I doubt it.

I'm seriously considering a Fiesta ST when I decide to swap my current 2015 S3 Saloon. Or maybe a Megane RS Trophy, depending on spec / price.

You could buy a Fiesta ST for say £20k. Run it for 3 years, and going off current values, maybe get £12-14k back. Buy a newer one in 3 years, and only have to put down £6-8k. £2666 a year. That's ****** good IMHO. But for outright speed, traction, and build quality, it'll be a step back from the S3. So maybe just hanging on to it for a few more years would make better sense?

I'm just hoping once the Fiesta ST comes out, Ford give us what lots of people have wanted for years. A Fiesta RS. Wide track like the Racing Puma. Bucket seats, and say 260-280bhp. Would be an absolute weapon. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Reactions: KenL and TYb
[
This exactly. The all new S3 will start off around £40k. With options, it'll be £45k easily. How did this happen? A 300bhp car should be around £30k.

I blame PCP deals, as average Joe can have himself an S/RS/M/AMG/RS, that in standard HP terms years ago would be far out of reach.

Even the Audi S1 is over £30k once specced up. Got my preferred spec up to just over £32K ........ for an A1 !!!!

So if Audi do build an RS1 (can't see it on this plantform) it'll be nudging £35-40k. Yeah, it'll be damn quick, and would estimate 265-300bhp. But like you say the new Fiesta ST comes out soon, ant that'll be around £20k. Would an RS1 be worth nearly twice as much as a Fiesta ST? I doubt it.

I'm seriously considering a Fiesta ST when I decide to swap my current 2015 S3 Saloon. Or maybe a Megane RS Trophy, depending on spec / price.

You could buy a Fiesta ST for say £20k. Run it for 3 years, and going off current values, maybe get £12-14k back. Buy a newer one in 3 years, and only have to put down £6-8k. £2666 a year. That's ****** good IMHO. But for outright speed, traction, and build quality, it'll be a step back from the S3. So maybe just hanging on to it for a few more years would make better sense?

I'm just hoping once the Fiesta ST comes out, Ford give us what lots of people have wanted for years. A Fiesta RS. Wide track like the Racing Puma. Bucket seats, and say 260-280bhp. Would be an absolute weapon. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Trust me you couldn't live with the Fiesta ST's interior my Mrs has the new ST line 1-0 ecoboost cracking looking little car but the Sat nav is terrible, the paint quality average at best, seats are gash it doesn't drive as well as the previous car.... The Steering has a touch of Audi about it slightly dissapointed with it to be honest
DSC 0238

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
[

Trust me you couldn't live with the Fiesta ST's interior my Mrs has the new ST line 1-0 ecoboost cracking looking little car but the Sat nav is terrible, the paint quality average at best, seats are gash it doesn't drive as well as the previous car.... The Steering has a touch of Audi about it slightly dissapointed with it to be honest View attachment 153383
Very smart looking, my partner was looking at one but has stuck with her DS3 aka the rattler for another 12 months.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
[

Trust me you couldn't live with the Fiesta ST's interior my Mrs has the new ST line 1-0 ecoboost cracking looking little car but the Sat nav is terrible, the paint quality average at best, seats are gash it doesn't drive as well as the previous car.... The Steering has a touch of Audi about it slightly dissapointed with it to be honest View attachment 153383

Yeah, the current Fiesta is a Button-fest inside. But looking at the pic of the new Fiesta, they've tidied it up a bit. Plus it's got a bigger Sat-Nav screen. ST seats are very good TBH. I've only had a test drive of the current car, but the seats were fine.

I also have a Twingo 133 RS, so I'm used to less than Audi build-quality in a car. Audi do thing better than most, but when it comes to fun, they're not even in the same League as Renault.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Yeah, the current Fiesta is a Button-fest inside. But looking at the pic of the new Fiesta, they've tidied it up a bit. Plus it's got a bigger Sat-Nav screen. ST seats are very good TBH. I've only had a test drive of the current car, but the seats were fine.

I also have a Twingo 133 RS, so I'm used to less than Audi build-quality in a car. Audi do thing better than most, but when it comes to fun, they're not even in the same League as Renault.
The touchscreen sensitivity is abysmal more like a punch screen l just cannot get to grips with the thing, plus its the usual from Ford with chimes for everything you've got press OK for 3 different procedures before drive away does my box in,and the new Focus has the exact same switchgear it's just a bigger fiesta l was looking forward to seeing the new Focus but again dissapointed with its very un European design Ford America gets to finalise all designs these days

The touchscreen sensitivity is abysmal more like a punch screen

I'd get that checked out. My mums fiesta's sync 3 touchscreen is instant. Operates very slick. More smartphone than the old screen.
Would fancy a current (Well old) ST. ****** on everything else for a hoot.

I quite like the new Focus ST Line. Although the Estate is in Titanium guise and that style doesn't look too clever.

I'd get that checked out. My mums fiesta's sync 3 touchscreen is instant. Operates very slick. More smartphone than the old screen.
Would fancy a current (Well old) ST. ****** on everything else for a hoot.

I quite like the new Focus ST Line. Although the Estate is in Titanium guise and that style doesn't look too clever.
Thanks l Will get it checked out prior to driving down to Newcastle Airport in 3 weeks time

Yeah it has slightly more bhp and a tad more torque, but the new 7 speed gearbox makes a big difference compared to the 6 speed box which was laggy and hesitant, also having magnet dampers and wider/larger tyres/wheels really helps, there's no bouncy castle anymore, plus l like the looks of my car, my last S3 was a dealership order so l wasn't 100% happy with the spec, go drive one you'll see what l mean
Based on what you just said, I might just have to, as those problems you've mentioned are most of the aggravating factors that I have with mine (as you probably know). My PCP ends next year so I won't be buying one even if I do like it. I'll wait to see what the next year brings. It's going to be big for both BMW and Audi.

P.S. Interesting that neither Audi or motoring magazines mentioned the differing dampers in any reviews I read.

The touchscreen sensitivity is abysmal more like a punch screen l just cannot get to grips with the thing, plus its the usual from Ford with chimes for everything you've got press OK for 3 different procedures before drive away does my box in,and the new Focus has the exact same switchgear it's just a bigger fiesta l was looking forward to seeing the new Focus but again dissapointed with its very un European design Ford America gets to finalise all designs these days

I actually prefer the look of the new shape Focus to the last one. Hate the look of the current Focus. I think once the ST & RS versions break cover, they'll look better and more aggressive then the current ones. Plus, some cars don't look as good in photos as they do in the flesh.

The only disappointment of the new Fiesta is the rear end. Look too `People carrier`.

I actually prefer the look of the new shape Focus to the last one. Hate the look of the current Focus. I think once the ST & RS versions break cover, they'll look better and more aggressive then the current ones. Plus, some cars don't look as good in photos as they do in the flesh.

The only disappointment of the new Fiesta is the rear end. Look too `People carrier`.

I also don't mind the 'look' of the new Focus / Fiesta either.

Only thing is ... I think I would find it hard to pick either of them over a Polo or Golf (GTI or R).

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan

Only thing is ... I think I would find it hard to pick either of them over a Polo or Golf (GTI or R).

Agree completely, IMHO you cannot beat the German build quality of VW, Audi, BMW etc
Have had fiesta, focus, s-max, verso, astra, polo, golf's, variety of audi's (allroad, A6, A1, A2, 2 x Q5's), and 1 x BMW 325, and hand on heart would probably only go for VW/Audi/BMW in the forseeable (including Porsche in there :)

As you can see, I have had a lot of cars over the last 27 years :racer: and wouldn't have it any other way.

An an aside, had a FL S3 for the day when my FY Q5 went in, and absolutely LOVED it!
Could see myself in a 2020/2021 S3 or similiar, but do like the ride height of Q5/X3/X5, and right now would have a SQ5 in a heartbeat, even though it has the dodgy rear valance (as my Q5 has).

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

The rear end is a grower, l didn't like it either

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and wab172uk

Hmm, yeah that is a tough one I've got to say. I still think I'd take a Fiesta ST over a Polo GTI. The Polo will be better in terms of feel good factor. German build quality etc, but think the Fiesta will be the more fun car and better drivers car.

I would always take a Golf GTI over a Focus ST.

Think the next gen Focus RS and Golf R will be a tighter decision though. From a price point, and Pound per BHP, the Focus will have the Golf licked. I was reading just yesterday that the next Golf R could get Hybrid power. Separate motors for the rear wheels, and not relying on Haldex. From what I read, it sounds like it could be one hell of a car. But it comes down to price. Couple grand less than an S3. So say £35-38K?

If they make an R-400 or R-420, it'll be a monster. Would have one over a RS3. But getting on for a £50k car.

But again, rumour is the next Focus RS could be Hybrid too.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I think most cars will have some hybrid capacity moving forward - even if a modest tick in a box hybrid element.

What a lot of people have not picked up on is that the 2040 ban on fossil fuel cars is only only those which are 100% reliant on fossil fuels.

So a car which has any hybrid element and is capable of running on electric (even for just a few miles) is then compliant with the 2040 standard.

This is why the reality is that petrol / diesel and new cleaner 'fuels' will be with us for many decades to come yet - some saying at least 50 more years in "reality".

So yeah a part hybrid S3 / RS3 / SQ5 etc is fine by me :icon thumright:

Reactions: wab172uk, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
^^ however the movement is gaining momentum e.g. Oxford banning all but electric is being muted, cities will lead the way but will get bigger.

I would be nervous sinking a lot of cash into what will quickly become old technology, once the big boy car manufacturers compete on a large scale (e.g. Audi e-tron this year, BMW, Merc, Porsche etc) with Tesla and other first adopter types then why would you ever buy non-electric new? Leasing is absolutely the way to go but the idea of having a configurable Q5/Q7/Macan type vehicle within which you slot more powerful batteries sounds good to me. Just take a look at manufacturers intended releases over the next 5years and the regulation becomes almost irrelevant as the manufacturers will be driving the change.

Between now and 2040 is a long time given the effort and money being put into new tech, less than 11years ago we didn't have iphones :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of multi cylinder engines but times are a changin'.......saying all that a hybrid R420 with 100NM electric overboost would be quite something.

Reactions: 4K
Whilst I agree fossil fuels are pretty much becoming dead, and the 50 year point is moot, autonomous vehicles will disrupt more than EV's tbh.

Once that tech gets right, no one but petrolheads will even bother to buy or lease a car anymore. They'll just call for one like you do an uber now. Mercedes have already looked at piloting a scheme so people can just hail the car from an app and jump in when necessary for their journey.

I'm looking forward to it. Our cities/towns/villages are cluttered with cars everywhere, as too many people own cars and the UK is too small and shoddy to have such a vast number of densely populated areas without the land mass to accommodate parking (that combined with the inertia and incompetence over the past 30-40 years from central and local govt alike in investing in parking and road infrastructure to support this ever growing number).

Bring on the future.

Whilst I agree fossil fuels are pretty much becoming dead, and the 50 year point is moot, autonomous vehicles will disrupt more than EV's tbh.

Once that tech gets right, no one but petrolheads will even bother to buy or lease a car anymore. They'll just call for one like you do an uber now. Mercedes have already looked at piloting a scheme so people can just hail the car from an app and jump in when necessary for their journey.

I'm looking forward to it. Our cities/towns/villages are cluttered with cars everywhere, as too many people own cars and the UK is too small and shoddy to have such a vast number of densely populated areas without the land mass to accommodate parking (that combined with the inertia and incompetence over the past 30-40 years from central and local govt alike in investing in parking and road infrastructure to support this ever growing number).

Bring on the future.
but I WANT a V8 (or at least V6) before I or they die :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn, Tom.H and 2 others
^^ however the movement is gaining momentum e.g. Oxford banning all but electric is being muted, cities will lead the way but will get bigger.

I would be nervous sinking a lot of cash into what will quickly become old technology, once the big boy car manufacturers compete on a large scale (e.g. Audi e-tron this year, BMW, Merc, Porsche etc) with Tesla and other first adopter types then why would you ever buy non-electric new? Leasing is absolutely the way to go but the idea of having a configurable Q5/Q7/Macan type vehicle within which you slot more powerful batteries sounds good to me. Just take a look at manufacturers intended releases over the next 5years and the regulation becomes almost irrelevant as the manufacturers will be driving the change.

Between now and 2040 is a long time given the effort and money being put into new tech, less than 11years ago we didn't have iphones :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of multi cylinder engines but times are a changin'.......saying all that a hybrid R420 with 100NM electric overboost would be quite something.

So you ban fossil fuel cars, and everything goes Electric.

The day you buy or lease your new EV, it's out of date, as the next gen battery will already be in development.

So if you buy, who is going to want buy if off you and have old technology? Car manufacturers won't want that. Governments don't want that either, as they rely on new car sales in increase the coffers.

Plus, once everyone starts charging their cars up on a night, what are they going to burn to produce the power at the power station? Air? No, so you just move the burning of fossil fuels from the car to the power station. Only, you're going to need a whole lot of power stations to be able to supply all that power. So you have Nuclear power stations (I can se the protests now) and fossil fuel power stations (more protests).

The more Nuclear you have, you have a greater risk of something going wrong. Unlikely yes, but tell that to Japan or Russia.

People think EV are great, but we only see renderings and planning in Cities where we all live don't we? No. Most of us don't, so we need a car that'll get from Glasgow to London and back, without having to charge up for 4 hours each way, and that's if you can find a free charger station. They would literally have to be everywhere.

And as for Oxford banning fossil fuel cars? Ok. Once the Diesel powered delivery trucks are banned and no food gets in, all people of Oxford will be growing their own fruit and veg, sh1tting in their own compost heap, while ploughing the local football field with horses

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Simonb1975, PanamaS3 and 3 others
but I WANT a V8 (or at least V6) before I or they die :hubbahubba:

You'll get one mate :icon thumright:
The Country going fully electric really is decades away - the infrastructure alone required for 100% electric cars is mind boggling.
UK sales of fully electric cars is currently around 1% of overall sales & it will continue to be a slow trickle.
There are pockets of people who will embrace the technology but the majority are wary of it.
It makes sense in densly populated cities to push for electric - but as soon as you want to do any reasonable miles - hybrid beats it hands down.
Hybrid vehicles are where it will be at for the next few decades and that at least gives us petrol heads our fix - whilst saving the planet :)

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, TYb and 1 other person
You'll get one mate :icon thumright:
The Country going fully electric really is decades away - the infrastructure alone required for 100% electric cars is mind boggling.
UK sales of fully electric cars is currently around 1% of overall sales & it will continue to be a slow trickle.
There are pockets of people who will embrace the technology but the majority are wary of it.
It makes sense in densly populated cities to push for electric - but as soon as you want to do any reasonable miles - hybrid beats it hands down.
Hybrid vehicles are where it will be at for the next few decades and that at least gives us petrol heads our fix - whilst saving the planet :)

I know, maybe a “mildly” hybrid V6 next time

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
So you ban fossil fuel cars, and everything goes Electric.

The day you buy or lease your new EV, it's out of date, as the next gen battery will already be in development.

So if you buy, who is going to want buy if off you and have old technology? Car manufacturers won't want that. Governments don't want that either, as they rely on new car sales in increase the coffers.

Plus, once everyone starts charging their cars up on a night, what are they going to burn to produce the power at the power station? Air? No, so you just move the burning of fossil fuels from the car to the power station. Only, you're going to need a whole lot of power stations to be able to supply all that power. So you have Nuclear power stations (I can se the protests now) and fossil fuel power stations (more protests).

The more Nuclear you have, you have a greater risk of something going wrong. Unlikely yes, but tell that to Japan or Russia.

People think EV are great, but we only see renderings and planning in Cities where we all live don't we? No. Most of us don't, so we need a car that'll get from Glasgow to London and back, without having to charge up for 4 hours each way, and that's if you can find a free charger station. They would literally have to be everywhere.

And as for Oxford banning fossil fuel cars? Ok. Once the Diesel powered delivery trucks are banned and no food gets in, all people of Oxford will be growing their own fruit and veg, sh1tting in their own compost heap, while ploughing the local football field with horses

Spot on mate.

Some Petrol Stations are looking at installing hyper chargers for EV's and the process is not straight forward.
If the draw on electric is significant they have to look at installing a small sub-station to cope with the demand on electric charging.
And like you say - all this electric has to be generated in the 1st place.
Cleaner & alternative fuels for cars are also in development which will help prolong the life of petrol / diesel cars.

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn

Bring on the future.

Again, this is based on everyone living in a city.

Car manufacturers want us to buy cars, so why would they pilot schemes where we don't have to buy cars anymore?

I'm going to wales for a week in June. Could I then call an Uber from Darlington to wales? We could sit in the car playing cards while the car drives itself. Then I need a car to get to the local shops. Call Uber.
Then I want to go for a drive to explore the surrounding area. Call Uber
Then I want to go for a walk, starting from point X. Call Uber
Then I want to get back to the cottage. Call Uber. Sh1t no signal !!!!

Meal for 2 in a nice pub in wales = £50
Day at Zip world = £100
Uber Taxi fares for the week £2782

S0d it, I'm in. bring on the future !!!

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, TYb and 2 others
Again, this is based on everyone living in a city.

Car manufacturers want us to buy cars, so why would they pilot schemes where we don't have to buy cars anymore?

I'm going to wales for a week in June. Could I then call an Uber from Darlington to wales? We could sit in the car playing cards while the car drives itself. Then I need a car to get to the local shops. Call Uber.
Then I want to go for a drive to explore the surrounding area. Call Uber
Then I want to go for a walk, starting from point X. Call Uber
Then I want to get back to the cottage. Call Uber. Sh1t no signal !!!!

Meal for 2 in a nice pub in wales = £50
Day at Zip world = £100
Uber Taxi fares for the week £2782

S0d it, I'm in. bring on the future !!!

ha ha classic.
As you say ONLY works in a city and even then would be restrictive.
It is like going back to the 70's when people rented TV's (Radio Rentals LOL).

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TYb and wab172uk