Bluetooth upgrade to Symphony 6 cd head unit

BadgerBhoy

Reaction score
Hello

I wondered if anyone has retrofitted a Bluetooth adapter to the 6CD Symphony head unit in their A4 B7. My specific model if it helps is a 2007 Sline 2.0Tdi saloon

Looking to do this myself but not seen anything yet that has me convinced it’s either compatible or functions well.

Would appreciate advice and recommendations on what and where to purchase as well please?

Thanks

J

I have the Concert 2 (this one) which I think is almost identical to the Symphony except it's single CD. I have a Dension BT Lite fitted and it works pretty well and works with the steering wheel controls although it's only basic skip tracks. Track info isn't displayed (need the BT Gateway(?) for that which was £80 more). Pretty easy to fit apart from the radio needed VCDS-ing to know it had a changer attached.

http://www.dension.com/automotive/products/car-multimedia-solutions/gateway-lite-bt

Reactions: BadgerBhoy
I have the Concert 2 (this one) which I think is almost identical to the Symphony except it's single CD. I have a Dension BT Lite fitted and it works pretty well and works with the steering wheel controls although it's only basic skip tracks. Track info isn't displayed (need the BT Gateway(?) for that which was £80 more). Pretty easy to fit apart from the radio needed VCDS-ing to know it had a changer attached.

http://www.dension.com/automotive/products/car-multimedia-solutions/gateway-lite-bt
Thanks, that looks pretty good. Might go for the Gateway PRO BT if nothing else comes along.

Was it fairly easy to self install?

Yep not difficult. Pull radio out, plug in Dension loom to cd changer port. Had to swap one wire from old connector to new (Bose amp?) and fit Earth connector to a screw somewhere. Recode radio to know it has a changer (not always necessary, mine needed it) and then just use CD button to swap between BT and disc.

Reactions: BadgerBhoy
Yep not difficult. Pull radio out, plug in Dension loom to cd changer port. Had to swap one wire from old connector to new (Bose amp?) and fit Earth connector to a screw somewhere. Recode radio to know it has a changer (not always necessary, mine needed it) and then just use CD button to swap between BT and disc.
Excellent, thanks.

Mine already has a physical cable from there that I can plug directly into the phone and it recognises discs 7 and upwards so should be good. I can just unplug that and plug this in.