Service Warning Light

Golt

Reaction score
Hi everyboby, first post here.

I have an 2000-W A4 1.9tdi Avant, currently only got 18inch RS6 alloys but have FK coilovers waiting to fitted and its booked in for a custom exhaust and a remap on the 12th of April :icon_thumright:

But thats not why I'm posting. My car has done just over 86,000 miles and this morning a service notice has flashed up telling me "Service due in 1100 miles".

My question is, are there specific mileage services set up on the computer? It just seems a llittle strange that it has popped up now, it would mean it was due a service at 87,500ish miles.

Pardon me if there is a simple answer to this, I have checked the manual but couldn't find anything.

Cheers in advance.

Mike :)

It would have calculated it from your last service, if the mechanic reset the service light. It is set to go off again after a certain time/mileage.

Ok cool, cheers for that. I had hoped it would be something simple.

I guess I have 1100 miles to save up for a service then!

Ok, the plot thickens slightly.

2 days ago the service light came on saying "1100 miles to service", yesterday it said "1000 miles to service" and this morning it said "800 miles to service".

Now the obvious answer to this would be that I've done 300 miles in three days, but I haven't! So what could be going on???

:confused:

it could be that the service intervals are set to "variable" which means... if you drive like a test pilot (or are called the Stig) and only do short journeys but lots of them you may olny get 7000 miles between services. likewise, if you drive sensibly and allow the engine to warm up fully and drive mostly motorway miles you could get 18000 miles between services! hence the drop in miles to service? possibly?

Best get it booked in M8, it could be an expensive service too as this is around the milage that timing belts need changing