res delete, faulty valves..

@Flying Scotsman, do you have a 100% definitive list of exactly what the valves on these cars should do. Both manuals. Should auto and manual do the same?

I can only state for auto, as the manual is not sold in Canada. In auto, comfort mode in neutral at idle when warm only two valves are open. Dynamic or S all 4 are open and rpm increases to about 1200rpm. This was present in a car I tested that was a 2015 model and my 2017 model. 2018 models?

Methinks the OP is thinking that the valves remain open all the time as he had the res delete just done and is wanting more noise

Last edited:
Manuals don't get the RPM increase. Steady 800 rpm ish. Hoping to get to the bottom of this soon.

Is the OP's car a manual and I added a comment on my last post. Make sense that the manual's revs remain the same as dynamic mode remaps the transmission and engine for the DSG in either individual dynamic settings or all dynamic.
That is the neat thing about the S mode in the DSG just pull back the lever to S and bingo you are in dynamic transmission/engine mode pull again and you are back to your original settings.

Last edited:
@Flying Scotsman, where is your info from, as you say you have no manuals. Is it from Audi or Google? No, or doesn't appear to be any info available to the general public I can find.

The info I am giving is from personal use and also a discussion/inspection I had with my dealership's knowledgeable shop foreman as I thought I had an issue on the valves closing properly. I thought one was sticking slightly in the open position and it was not. Again, this is for a DSG equipped car. Manual exhaust valve operation I have no idea but I would assume it is pretty similar, but?

Reactions: Leevr
Is the OP's car a manual and I added a comment on my last post. Make sense that the manual's revs remain the same as dynamic mode remaps the transmission and engine for the DSG in either individual dynamic settings or all dynamic.
That is the neat thing about the S mode in the DSG just pull back the lever to S and bingo you are in dynamic transmission/engine mode pull again and you are back to your original settings.
Hi, my issue is that i don't think my flaps open at all, defiantly not at stand still but also can't hear any change whilst on the more when cycling through the modes. I would of thought with the res delete it would be very noticeable..

I may do an unscientific test tomorrow, i might stuff a rag up the secondary pipe and have a quick blast in efficiency then check its still there and then do the same in dynamic. It might cost me a rag but it might answer the question..lol

Reactions: Leevr