Wannabe newbie's...depends on either an A3 Sport or S-Line!

Jeff & Mandy

Reaction score
Hello, hello. :)

Myself and my partner are deciding between an A3 Sport or A3 S-Line as our next car. Both are similar mileage, same engine, same year. Any thoughts on pro's and con's?

We have a couple of other cars for commute and weekends away so this will be the kinda run-around daily car.

Thanks for any info, and hopefully we could have a new car by the weekend. :)

Welcome along! What year and engine A3 are you looking at? I had a 2012 A3 Sport 1.6 diesel for a couple of years and it was brilliant. Nice to drive and it was beyond economical as well.

Both are 2012, 2.0 TDI. The fuel economy/tax/ was an important part of looking at these cars. We are selling a BMW 118i convertible (M Sport) as it's not practical at all. I preferred the Sport handling and the road noise seemed quieter.

Nice the 2.0 is good, I think my only complaint about mine was that it could do with a bit more poke being the 1.6. So a 2.0 will be ideal. The Sport suspension is softer but I always thought it drove really well. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either but from experience the Sport isn't to be sniffed at. Depends if a leather interior and the bodykit is more your thing.

Let us know what you decide!

Thanks. We are leaning towards the Sport but as it's a car for the significant-other-half, I'll let Mandy decide. :)

Hi Jeff, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to hearing what you both decide on. Enjoy the forum :)

So the decision was either a Sport or S-line...and we ended up with a 2012 SE! :)
It was immaculate, good price, 1 owner, FSH...all good.
We need to add a tow-bar ideally. Any ideas of cost to do this? Also thinking of getting a car cover as we don't have a garage.