Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

Definitly want to see loads of pictures mate... get all the angles covered if you can haha will really help out a lot! Cheers

Will be happy to help. Any particular angles you want? I will be driving the car away from the house to take them, don’t want to be documenting where I live haha!!

Reactions: Phil3
Will be happy to help. Any particular angles you want? I will be driving the car away from the house to take them, don’t want to be documenting where I live haha!!

haha no worries mate... hmm see if you can kinda get an over the top shot and then one down the side from front on and one from back on if you don’t mind please... just so try and get the best idea how flush they’ll be with the arches

Reactions: AudiNutta
I'm well happy with the new stance the spacers 10 12 or 15 will certainly improve the look. The photos don't really do justice.
I would worry a touch with spacers AND dropping even 20mm because once you've got a load in the car, people or luggage, I think your gonna have scrapping issues.
I think its even or.
Well the proof is in the pudding.

I'm well happy with the new stance the spacers 10 12 or 15 will certainly improve the look. The photos don't really do justice.
I would worry a touch with spacers AND dropping even 20mm because once you've got a load in the car, people or luggage, I think your gonna have scrapping issues.
I think its even or.

Sure H +R offer a sprig that’s only a 10mm drop...but have to ask whether that’s worth the cash plus fitting, as will it even be that noticeable?!

I think its even or.

12mm front with 15mm rear... would you say looking at your car, that will be pushing it on the rear? Or will it bring them looking perfectly flush just like the 12mm’s on the front?

I’ve been down the heavily modding route on a couple of cars now... this time I’m sticking to the basics and I’ll be looking at just the spacers and running the normal springs I think

12mm front with 15mm rear... would you say looking at your car, that will be pushing it on the rear? Or will it bring them looking perfectly flush just like the 12mm’s on the front?

I’ve been down the heavily modding route on a couple of cars now... this time I’m sticking to the basics and I’ll be looking at just the spacers and running the normal springs I think

Check this previous thread out...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-wheel-spacers-anyone.299050/
The guys got 15 front 20 rear.
A bit too much IMO.

Cheers mate... looks a lot better, but as you say, it’s possibly that little bit too much, I’m swaying towards 12mm front and 15mm rear even more after that... now, how long til payday?! haha

Getting 12 upfront and 15mm for the rear sent out instead. Also with a refund due to forum discount :thumbs up: Service has been brilliant. Youl have to wait a month for photos ha
15mm at rear will be close to rubbing!

Even at standard height it will be close. When launching the car properly squats down.

When’s your car coming? One of us can be a guinea pig or if @AudiNutta pulls his finger out his a*se and gets some photos up :whistle2: lol

haha 1st March should fingers crossed be the pick up day... so still a few weeks away

Reactions: FBF01
Really. That lad had 20 on the rear. Wonder how he gets on. Don’t really want 12 upfront and 12 on the rear. I can fit and have a look and see how they look
Surely all round 12's will be better...keeps the set up even?

Surely all round 12's will be better...keeps the set up even?

Just going off the photos teslaboy posted in this thread with 12mm all round... the rears still look slightly more set back under the arches compared to the fronts

Guys we all know the RS3 (PFL and FL) in standard form could do with a little more of an aggressive stance.
But I'm not sure whether to lower mine or widen it with wheel spacers or do both.
Issues that could arise;
1. Impact to handling as both changes will affect the Audi original set up, this may actually improve handling depending in the size of the changes.
2. Impact on warranty, this will affect suspension components only.
3. Impact on insurance, from what I've heard this will be negligible.
4. Impact on day to day use i.e rubbing on the wheel arches.
5. Impact on costs, it's cheaper to widen than it is to lower.

I'm not sure what to do.....
Any suggestions?

Nothing wrong with the standard look imho. If modding as you suggest make sure you tell your insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just going off the photos teslaboy posted in this thread with 12mm all round... the rears still look slightly more set back under the arches compared to the fronts

Yep I went for even push out i.e 12mm on all 4 wheels to keep the 'same stagger'.
I think you're right the fronts on standard or even on my setup are slightly further out than the rears but that's how Audi set it up.
You can do as you please, there are lots of options.
I may well change my front 12s for 10s but would 2mm really make that much difference...... hmmm
Then again would 12 to 15 or to 20mm be that obvious, dam !! Too many options.

Nothing wrong with the standard look imho. If modding as you suggest make sure you tell your insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say the standard look can be improved either by lowering or spacers.
Audi were a little too conservative in their RS3 standard set up.

Yep I went for even push out i.e 12mm on all 4 wheels to keep the 'same stagger'.
I think you're right the fronts on standard or even on my setup are slightly further out than the rears but that's how Audi set it up.
You can do as you please, there are lots of options.
I may well change my front 12s for 10s but would 2mm really make that much difference...... hmmm
Then again would 12 to 15 or to 20mm be that obvious, dam !! Too many options.

haha that’s it mate... 12’s all round in your pictures look a rear nice improvement over standard, and if I were you, I’d stick with that mat probably and wouldn’t bother with a couple of mm’s here or there

For people like me and a couple of others here who haven’t yet purchased them, I’m sure will go back and forth for a while longer deciding what to get haha

When’s your car coming? One of us can be a guinea pig or if @AudiNutta pulls his finger out his a*se and gets some photos up :whistle2: lol

Lmao ;) Be patient ;)

Somebody I know has just fitted 25mm spacers on the rear of his RS3..... plus a 25mm lowering kit!! It was literally done yesterday, hasn’t been driven yet.

I have to say the standard look can be improved either by lowering or spacers.
Audi were a little too conservative in their RS3 standard set up.

Have you got a cap on your locking wheel bolts now?

I’ve realised they are a totally external security type, which I am quite disappointed about and are a bit of a downgrade from the ones supplied with the car.

But the issue is, none of our wheel caps will fit on these as they are round?! If I can’t conceal the locker, I will end up scrapping the whole idea and sending them back.

Is your cap just to change the silver bolt so it looks black? If so... just exchange the bolts for black ones?

Is your cap just to change the silver bolt so it looks black? If so... just exchange the bolts for black ones?

I wouldn’t do that haha, would look rubbish. If I can’t conceal the bolts, I won’t be doing it.

I wouldn’t do that haha, would look rubbish. If I can’t conceal the bolts, I won’t be doing it.

Next try haha... small square of double sides foam tape on top of the locker, then push the cap over and press down to stick

Next try haha... small square of double sides foam tape on top of the locker, then push the cap over and press down to stick

I will try my best to get caps on, even if I have to go and buy new extra hex caps haha!

I will do my best to space those wheels.

My caps didn't go back on i assume because they wouldn't fit. There in the box with all my original wheel nuts and the original lockers.
As for the appearance of the new Bimecc black wheel bolts with NO caps well you can see them at all from standing height. I mean guys come on If you bend down and stare in you might catch a glimpse but in 'normal conditions you can't see shxx.
Nothing to worry about not having wheel bolt caps IMO.

My caps didn't go back on i assume because they wouldn't fit. There in the box with all my original wheel nuts and the original lockers.
As for the appearance of the new Bimecc black wheel bolts with NO caps well you can see them at all from standing height. I mean guys come on If you bend down and stare in you might catch a glimpse but in 'normal conditions you can't see shxx.
Nothing to worry about not having wheel bolt caps IMO.

Ah, well that seriously changes things then. Can’t find any other 40mm locking wheel nuts. I won’t go without caps for aesthetic reasons, will just look nasty.

Oh well, that’s the end of that then.. back in the post on Monday.

Ah, well that seriously changes things then. Can’t find any other 40mm locking wheel nuts. I won’t go without caps for aesthetic reasons, will just look nasty.

Oh well, that’s the end of that then.. back in the post on Monday.

Do they not supply caps for their nuts?

Apologies only just read all the posts here! Of course my new Bimecc locking wheel nut is round.
Can't be too hard to find a set of round caps, can it ??? Let me have a look....

Found some black caps for round locking wheel bolts.
Just need to measure the inside diameter of my Bimecc undoer to get the mm size.
It will have to wait a few days as I'm currently on a whale sighting boat just off Tromso Norway.

Found some black caps for round locking wheel bolts.
Just need to measure the inside diameter of my Bimecc undoer to get the mm size.
It will have to wait a few days as I'm currently on a whale sighting boat just off Tromso Norway.

I’m going to see today if the Audi ones fit, will find out when I get home this afternoon. I’ve emailed the company to let them know about my dilemma, but probably won’t get a reply until Monday now.

I’m going to see today if the Audi ones fit, will find out when I get home this afternoon. I’ve emailed the company to let them know about my dilemma, but probably won’t get a reply until Monday now.

Let me know how you get on, as if that’s the case as may return myself

Rear of mine with MSS, no rubbing at all.

TX.
2ef102ab208b93ed1372a4a38e6c9f81.jpg

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
@terminator x what rear brake set have you got? Looks like a mini R8 set up.

Are yous not blowing this bolts/caps thing a bit out of proportion? Surely if you have black bolts and lockers it will look totally fine

Let me know how you get on, as if that’s the case as may return myself

The standard hex caps fit really nice on the normal bolts, no chance of getting either the locker cap or hex cap on the basic locking wheel nut. That’s my complaint, the locker is a really basic design and not only would security lack, but we can’t cover them either.

Will wait and see what they say Monday. I see Bimecc sell gloss black hex caps, but can’t see any locker caps. I don’t want gloss black caps, I have matt finish wheels.