Black Edition Rotors......but they have none

Paul Golding

Reaction score
Having got fed up with the answers from the dealer, I spoke to Audi UK earlier about my order, or more specifically, its lack of progress since being placed on 31/07 and still having no build date.

The straightforward answer from Audi UK is that they can't progress orders for BE's with Rotors due to a wheel supply problem. Dealers are aware (apparently) and Audi UK were surprised my dealer hadn't been in touch to offer an alternative wheel.....I assume they meant for all 4 wheels!

Has anyone else had this yet, and if so, what choices of wheel did you get?

I'm still waiting for the dealer at the moment.

I was offered the 18" black optional wheels but given my build is 6th November (I hope) then I don't see that changing anyway. Much prefer the 19" rotors anyway

I'm pushing the dealer - my build date was 4th July so 5 months plus at the moment from order to delivery!

I definitely don't want the 18" black. I might be interested if they offer the S4 default wheels; I think they're a £900 option on the S-Line anyway. I still think the Rotors look really good with white, black or indeed grey though.

Sounds like you've had a right mess around!

No doubt I'll update the thread when the dealer finally gets around to returning my call, though judging by his emails, he'll probably just express surprise and say this is all news to him :-(

Reactions: AlnSaz
I’d heard similar, my BE was ordered on June 1st and has a build date of November 13th.

Needless to say I’m not holding my breath.

Sounds like I'd better check with my dealer then.. Only ordered last month, but tracking still at 00. Dealer did say mid Dec for delivery, but I'm not holding out much hope right now...

I’m at 00 and the dealer was talking about Feb/March..........before this issue with the wheels! Are all Audi dealers members of Tw**t club

Reactions: BKing
I’m at 00 and the dealer was talking about Feb/March..........before this issue with the wheels! Are all Audi dealers members of Tw**t club
I reckon they could well be... I have to be careful as I'm using the scrappage scheme, so new car has to be registered before March...

Having got fed up with the answers from the dealer, I spoke to Audi UK earlier about my order, or more specifically, its lack of progress since being placed on 31/07 and still having no build date.

The straightforward answer from Audi UK is that they can't progress orders for BE's with Rotors due to a wheel supply problem. Dealers are aware (apparently) and Audi UK were surprised my dealer hadn't been in touch to offer an alternative wheel.....I assume they meant for all 4 wheels!

Unless I read it in another forum but I am sure someone has posted about the rotors before...

Unless I read it in another forum but I am sure someone has posted about the rotors before...
Yeah. I have read that too on here but I think it may have just been speculation at that point.

****** glad mine has gone through, judging by the order dates of others with delays, mine must’ve been one of the last ones to go through. And if the only alternative was the 18’s I wouldn’t have been too happy as I think they look a little boy racerish.

Either way, I hope all you guys with pending ordered get an acceptable alternative soon and get your orders back on track.

Ordered my black on the 9th June had a build date of Nov 20th now my build date has disappeared from my Audi account?

Only want the 19" rotor wheels will have to wait as they look the best to me
Did you go for the rotors? Doesn’t look good pal.
Yeah went for rotors wheels look so good will have to wait unfortunately

Ordered my black on the 9th June had a build date of Nov 20th now my build date has disappeared from my Audi account?

I had 13th November and that’s disappeared, not looking good especially after the 2.0 TFSI delays, I’d decided to wait this week for it but I think I’ll just cancel and get something else.

My first Audi and all that’s happened is that I’ve been let down so far.

Joke!

Last edited:

Funny, the lady looking after me now in customer services is not getting back to me with answers. I haven't even been able to put this issue with Rotors to her and gauge her reaction!

I checked with my dealer this morning and he is saying that Audi haven't announced anything about the wheels, but that they are realigning the emissions again...
He still reckons I'll have it in December..

I checked with my dealer this morning and he is saying that Audi haven't announced anything about the wheels, but that they are realigning the emissions again...
He still reckons I'll have it in December..

I've literally just spoken to Audi UK and they said the factory is struggling to keep up with demand for the rotor wheels.

Sounds almost like every B9 is going to be a BE with Rotors from this point on! Common as muck.......as they say.

Just called my dealer again (who hasn’t called me back still), but the guy is out......probably selling another BE with Rotors

Reactions: SPIKE_
Well the dealer called back. Having apologised and confirmed there was no still no build date and that he’d be chasing Audi next week, I told him what they’d said to me.

Basically, he said that was news to him and that he’d find out what the options on wheels are next week and let me know.

More to follow in due course.

Well the dealer called back. Having apologised and confirmed there was no still no build date and that he’d be chasing Audi next week, I told him what they’d said to me.

Basically, he said that was news to him and that he’d find out what the options on wheels are next week and let me know.

More to follow in due course.
Sad to hear this is happening to all us BE customers. I seriously hope we have some better news next week!

Audi UK have promised to come back to me tomorrow with an update, spoke to my dealer earlier and he is saying that his system is still showing my build as the 16th October (even though my tracker is not refreshing so the build has disappeared!!)..... I have told him that the if it is delayed the only way that they keep my order is by giving me a demo car and taking my old car off me (the MOT is due the end of November!).

I have to say that this is getting ridiculous now, I only ordered the BE because the wait on a Q5 was minimum 9 months but I could have the BE by mid Sept! BMW on the other hand have delivered a spec'd Mini Cooper to both my wife and my daughter in the space of 6 weeks, even allowing for the UK build thats good going ...... Audi on the other hand.... useless! Been waiting 4 months and counting......

Audi UK have promised to come back to me tomorrow with an update, spoke to my dealer earlier and he is saying that his system is still showing my build as the 16th October (even though my tracker is not refreshing so the build has disappeared!!)..... I have told him that the if it is delayed the only way that they keep my order is by giving me a demo car and taking my old car off me (the MOT is due the end of November!).

I have to say that this is getting ridiculous now, I only ordered the BE because the wait on a Q5 was minimum 9 months but I could have the BE by mid Sept! BMW on the other hand have delivered a spec'd Mini Cooper to both my wife and my daughter in the space of 6 weeks, even allowing for the UK build thats good going ...... Audi on the other hand.... useless! Been waiting 4 months and counting......
I think giving you a temporary car is the least they could do. I’ll be demanding answers tomorrow on what really is the problem and the lack of communication on the issue.

I'm going to start the complaints today with lease company and dealer. Audi UK were not interested when I called last week, apparently 5+ months lead time for a relatively 'mainstream' model are not unusual!

I'm interested to see how you other potential BE owners get on with dealers etc

I'm going to start the complaints today with lease company and dealer. Audi UK were not interested when I called last week, apparently 5+ months lead time for a relatively 'mainstream' model are not unusual!

I'm interested to see how you other potential BE owners get on with dealers etc

In terms of the wait time, any new Audi I've ordered has always been quoted at 5-6 months lead time regardless, so in that regard I don't think that you'll get anywhere to be perfectly honest...

Where I think that Audi have fallen down on this is in informing customers of the delays and giving any opportunity to change wheels or their orders or to offer something to sweeten the deal. That's the direction I'd be trying if I were you. Possibly ask to get some 19" wheels that aren't usually offered on the Black Editions (if any appeal to you?) or something along those lines to speed things up?

Hi guys, I have just had an update from Audi Uk (I rang them in the end).... They HAVE confirmed that their is a problem with the 19" wheel stock but in my case I have not been affected as the build slot has been confirmed for next week....... Now, there is a part of me that doesn't believe them 100% but I am going to chase up next week for an update!

Interestingly he did say that the dealers are supposed to be contacting the customers to tell them and offer an alternative wheel so that the build can go ahead.... obviously this is not happening!!

Also, regarding the 5-6 month wait for a car ...... that's ridiculous! Up until now I have never waited longer than 3 months for any car be it mainstream or something "special"..... also like I said in my previous post BMW have managed to build two mini's for my family in the space of 6 weeks, even allowing for the uk build that would still take the order, build and delivery well within the standard 3 months (if it was coming over from abroad). Also, just to reiterate ..... my dealer quoted me approx 12 weeks for delivery!!
The only time I have ever heard of it being longer than 3 months is for brand new models because of the demand outstripping the supply, the A4 is hardly a new model!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In terms of the wait time, any new Audi I've ordered has always been quoted at 5-6 months lead time regardless, so in that regard I don't think that you'll get anywhere to be perfectly honest...

Where I think that Audi have fallen down on this is in informing customers of the delays and giving any opportunity to change wheels or their orders or to offer something to sweeten the deal. That's the direction I'd be trying if I were you. Possibly ask to get some 19" wheels that aren't usually offered on the Black Editions (if any appeal to you?) or something along those lines to speed things up?
I agree about the wheels. If it is literally just the wheels delaying things, surely most customers would be relatively happy with a different set. I for one would’ve happy with the wheels from the S4 if need be. But Audi knew what orders were coming in for the BE, and I’m assuming production of the wheels doesn’t take as long as building the entire car, couldn’t they just make more wheels? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Daggerit
I agree about the wheels. If it is literally just the wheels delaying things, surely most customers would be relatively happy with a different set. I for one would’ve happy with the wheels from the S4 if need be. But Audi knew what orders were coming in for the BE, and I’m assuming production of the wheels doesn’t take as long as building the entire car, couldn’t they just make more wheels? Or am I missing something?

I don't know about the time taken for wheels versus build, but if I had to guess I imagine that they'd be very similar if not taking a bit longer for the wheels. Just because I imagine that they're done in batches and will be from scratch rather than just a bunch of parts being assembled together.

Even if they offered wheels until rotors became available it would be better I'd say. Just have to make the statement that drivers would be liable for any damage when changing them out or something maybe? That's not all that unreasonable I don't think!

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
Ordered my black edition on 02/08/17, my order page is showing nothing and the JSON data is 00. Chased my leasing agent today and got this:

"I have spoken to Audi UK they have advised me late Nov/ Early December for delivery to yourself these orders haven't been affected its build slots for next year, that have been delayed."

I'm starting to think thats probably not going to be true and if so I will probably look to cancel and get a stock vehicle from somewhere.

Ordered my black edition on 02/08/17, my order page is showing nothing and the JSON data is 00. Chased my leasing agent today and got this:

"I have spoken to Audi UK they have advised me late Nov/ Early December for delivery to yourself these orders haven't been affected its build slots for next year, that have been delayed."

I'm starting to think thats probably not going to be true and if so I will probably look to cancel and get a stock vehicle from somewhere.
Judging by what’s being said on here about orders placed in June/July/August I’m guessing he’s wrong.

On the plus side, whilst my dealer said Nov/Dec when I ordered at the end of July, he's been saying it could be more like Feb since the emissions thing put the order on hold until mid August. I'm under no illusion about the chance of seeing the car this year.

I can't wait for him to come back with my choice of alternative wheels to help speed the order along :tearsofjoy:

On a more serious note though, it is pretty awful that Audi UK are stating the facts about the supply problem, and yet I don't recall seeing anyone having had their dealer confirm this. Not good communication between Audi and their dealers :rage:

On the plus side, whilst my dealer said Nov/Dec when I ordered at the end of July, he's been saying it could be more like Feb since the emissions thing put the order on hold until mid August. I'm under no illusion about the chance of seeing the car this year.

I can't wait for him to come back with my choice of alternative wheels to help speed the order along :tearsofjoy:

On a more serious note though, it is pretty awful that Audi UK are stating the facts about the supply problem, and yet I don't recall seeing anyone having had their dealer confirm this. Not good communication between Audi and their dealers :rage:
Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!
Thanks, now if only Audi could make my day.

The dealer has now confirmed that after speaking with Audi UK, there is indeed a wheel issue and they (Audi UK) are saying there is no way to indicate approximate lead times and that no order will be given a build date.......unless I change the wheels. Their only offer (so far) was for the 18" black which I've declined. I explained that I expect to be able to choose from any other 19" offered for any A4 and that just because the computer says "no", doesn't mean it can't be done........yes I kept my fingers crossed. Anyway, he's gone away to see what else can be done.

Can't help feeling a new order is looming :cry:

Imagine how all those who order and don't use forums are going to be feeling in few months time :rage:

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks, now if only Audi could make my day.

The dealer has now confirmed that after speaking with Audi UK, there is indeed a wheel issue and they (Audi UK) are saying there is no way to indicate approximate lead times and that no order will be given a build date.......unless I change the wheels. Their only offer (so far) was for the 18" black which I've declined. I explained that I expect to be able to choose from any other 19" offered for any A4 and that just because the computer says "no", doesn't mean it can't be done........yes I kept my fingers crossed. Anyway, he's gone away to see what else can be done.

Can't help feeling a new order is looming :cry:

Imagine how all those who order and don't use forums are going to be feeling in few months time :rage:
You’re absolutely right mate. It’s a bit of a joke. Audi will lose more money refusing people 19’s when they cancel their orders and go elsewhere (if I had to wait beyond 23rd november when my current car goes back I’d simply order a stock BMW 4 series Gran Coupe or C Class estate. Both of which I looked at before settling on the Avant.

I feel especially sorry for people with existing leases or company cars etc that ideally need to go back on a set date.

Much to the disgust of my leasing agent, I contacted the Audi dealership it was ordered through directly. The manager there told me that there is a problem with that model engine? (1.4TFSI) but said I would be looking at November/December delivery but she couldnt confirm that. I told her I was looking to cancel and she said she would look to see what else they could offer.

I got this from the agent not long after:

"November/December is the delivery showing, yes no problem if you want to cancel but I would personally wait as these vehicles can't be replaced with anything else price nor spec wise.

Should you wish to cancel please advise as I have 10-12 customers who I can switch into this vehicle who are expecting there cars next year."

Much to the disgust of my leasing agent, I contacted the Audi dealership it was ordered through directly. The manager there told me that there is a problem with that model engine? (1.4TFSI) but said I would be looking at November/December delivery but she couldnt confirm that. I told her I was looking to cancel and she said she would look to see what else they could offer.

I got this from the agent not long after:

"November/December is the delivery showing, yes no problem if you want to cancel but I would personally wait as these vehicles can't be replaced with anything else price nor spec wise.

Should you wish to cancel please advise as I have 10-12 customers who I can switch into this vehicle who are expecting there cars next year."
Did they say what the problem was with the 1.4 engine as this seems to be a new issue completely?

The 1.4 has supply issues, it's in so many models and really popular

Kind of weird as seat/vw and the audi a3 have gone over to the 1.5 engine...

Apart from differences in the published co2 and the mpg figures there isn't much between the 1.5 and the 1.4 cod engines as they are the same with just some internal changes. They are both very good...

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition