Wanted anybody know?

macattax

Reaction score
I have been looking for the old type audi sport badge for the back of the car for some time now.
Can anyone tell me what the sports badge looked like on 99.5 Audis.

Was it like this? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orig-Audi-S-Sport-Rear-Badge-A6-A4-S4-A3-S3-RS-NEW_W0QQitemZ290078204729QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10372QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or like this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S2-GRILLE-BADGE-80-100-QUATTRO-SPORT-V8-V6-TURBO_W0QQitemZ280077150591QQihZ018QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I prefer the second one but I cant find any that have no writing on the silver part. What I want is one that looks the same as the badge you get on the sports steering wheel .

I have had no luck finding any original ones.
Does anyone have some lying about that they dont want?
PM me if you do please.
The car came with the sports package you would think they would have put a badge on it to show that off.
:hi:

Unfortunately you cant get one like the second one with no writing on, not that i have ever seen. Exterior badges in that style were reserved for S2 S4 and the early 100 Based S6 and all had model denoted on them.

Suppose you could cut the badge so you were left with the red rhombus bit or even the red bit and the chrome S part

Same here, i even went to the stealers and was told they dont exist.
I ended up settling for the T with the red marking along the stem.

Only thing I can think of is I have a simmilar badge on my steering wheel with no writing on but it is quite small and has tabs on the back to hold it on.

Yeah lol thats exactly what I was thinking of doing richjosh.
I came with up with a good idea though.
If you buy one of the ones off ebay that has the engraving on it and then take it to a jewelers I am pretty sure they could get rid of the engraving.
Good plan huh?
Any jewelers on the forum lol?

Good plan - as long as it keeps you happy and other drivers guessing whats under your bonnet.

Good luck which ever way you go as im trying to take mine off now (de badged effect).

You go to get the black audi rings on the front?
Can you buy them or have to make it yourself?
Looks mean!

just another may be useless idea you could get hold of the 2nd badge style and filler in the S2 bit sand down and may get some chrome spray may be so it will look like the smaller one on the wheel??

macattax said:
You go to get the black audi rings on the front?
Can you buy them or have to make it yourself?
Looks mean!

I'm gonna leave the front original and just remove the labelling at the back but i believe you can buy the black rings in e bay.

RasA4, good idea but a bit labour intensive if you aint got a dremel (LoL)

Rich

I maybe totally wrong but the Audi 80 (may have been the quattro version) sport had these style badges without the S2/4/6 detailing on the cars around 1986 to 1990, like hens teeth though!. i have also looked on the bay for these but they never show, nor in scrapyards! it may have even been a dream!??????

I've also scoured through loads of ebay listings for exactly the same badge for my tweaked A4 avant. I dont want to put the S4 badge on it, because its not an S4, even if most of it is. Its just not right.
I just wanted something to give an indication that all is not standard, as I go roaring by :think: