Wing Mirror LED Replacement

L80EWY

Reaction score
Started getting a warning for "Left turn signal bulb", noticed my wing mirror has condensation in it and the bulbs aren't as bright but still work.

Does anyone have a guide to replace the LED strip? Also a part number for the strip would be handy.

Thanks

Started getting a warning for "Left turn signal bulb", noticed my wing mirror has condensation in it and the bulbs aren't as bright but still work.

Does anyone have a guide to replace the LED strip? Also a part number for the strip would be handy.

Thanks
Try and open up the housing of the wing mirror and check the connections for rust. Clean any up with wire wool, wet and dry or whatever abrasive you have, using contact cleaner helps as well. Happens alot in the rear light clusters. May help save yourself some coin

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Try and open up the housing of the wing mirror and check the connections for rust. Clean any up with wire wool, wet and dry or whatever abrasive you have, using contact cleaner helps as well. Happens alot in the rear light clusters. May help save yourself some coin

I will give that a shot but I don't even know how to open it up? I'm reading online you get to it by taking the mirror glass out ?

I'll have a look and see what I can find out

Reactions: L80EWY
Yep, you have to remove the glass - just pops out. Tilt the mirror upwards and to the right (for passenger side) - you will then be able to get your fingers underneath. They can be stiff to remove.
Once removed you will see several screws holding the indicator bar in place - remove these and disconnect harness.
Straight forward job - shouldn't take you more than 15 mins.

Reactions: L80EWY
Yep, you have to remove the glass - just pops out. Tilt the mirror upwards and to the right (for passenger side) - you will then be able to get your fingers underneath. They can be stiff to remove.
Once removed you will see several screws holding the indicator bar in place - remove these and disconnect harness.
Straight forward job - shouldn't take you more than 15 mins.

Cheers! It seems to have came back on by itself now, but I want to get the condensation out the bar.

It's a sealed unit, so there must be a crack in it. Just buy a new one - MOT failure if it doesn't work when tested. Only going to get worse over winter as well.

Reactions: Chop.