AUDI Magnetic Ride

jren

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I 'm going to get my first audi which will be the new RS3 Sedan.

I came from a Golf R mk6. I want to option this RS3 but i can across the Magnetic Ride option which is pretty expensive. Is it worth the price and is it really that good?

By the way i'm going to change my Springs to VWR or H&R springs will this conflict with the Magnetic Ride suspension?

Never Dealt With H&R are they good? i had VWR springs on my golf.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Best to post this in the RS3 section, you will get better responses.

Reactions: DieselJake
Can't speak for the RS3, but I have mag ride on my S3 Saloon and I don't notice any difference between comfort and dynamic. I never change the settings now, so when it came to ordering the RS3 I didn't bother with it. If you're looking at modding suspension, mag ride does limit your options quite a bit. I don't think you can lower by more than about 20 or 30mm on the mag ride shocks, and if you replace them, you also have to deal with fault codes being thrown up. Just my opinion of course and I've seen others that love mag ride.

I have the magride on the S3 and it's lowered on H&R springs.
I could always tell the difference between comfort and dynamic even before lowering, it's definitely more compliant in comfort as it smoothes out the ride.
Since lowering I've had the dampers recalibrated by DJAlix and i would say the ride is even better than standard now
Wouldn't be without it!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and T-800
Mag ride worked well in the 2017 RS3 I was in today.

Not as soft as a golf R with dcc but still nice on the rough roads.

Am I glad I specified it - Yes.

That said when I drove the pfl with no mag ride that wasn't a bad ride either.

Thanks for your response guys!

I'm planning to use MSS Kit. I know that one is made to work with Mag ride.

About the lowering with Mag ride shocks, Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to lower to 20mm all round just to make the gap between the fender and tires minimal.

I need to look at this with MSS about how much can i lower the car without impacting the dampers.

Thanks for your response guys!

I'm planning to use MSS Kit. I know that one is made to work with Mag ride.

About the lowering with Mag ride shocks, Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to lower to 20mm all round just to make the gap between the fender and tires minimal.

I need to look at this with MSS about how much can i lower the car without impacting the dampers.

I’ve seen 4 owners now 3 RS3’s and 1 S3 for Mag ride calibration all have reported great feedback.

@DJAlix has also seen one car with the MSS kit and even that RS3 has benefited from recalibration, Alex has also reported the MSS RS3 was the best riding car he’d seen.

I’ve seen 4 owners now 3 RS3’s and 1 S3 for Mag ride calibration all have reported great feedback.

@DJAlix has also seen one car with the MSS kit and even that RS3 has benefited from recalibration, Alex has also reported the MSS RS3 was the best riding car he’d seen.
x2 MSS Cars actually :)

One was a Street Pack and the other was one of the MSS Kits development RS3's on an unreleased "LS" kit they are testing on UK roads. Both owners report great results and the "LS" car was actually the best riding "lowered" A/S/RS 3 I have ever been in. I actually thought that it could not get any better but did! lol

Can't speak for the RS3, but I have mag ride on my S3 Saloon and I don't notice any difference between comfort and dynamic. I never change the settings now, so when it came to ordering the RS3 I didn't bother with it. If you're looking at modding suspension, mag ride does limit your options quite a bit. I don't think you can lower by more than about 20 or 30mm on the mag ride shocks, and if you replace them, you also have to deal with fault codes being thrown up. Just my opinion of course and I've seen others that love mag ride.
I have mag ride ...

TX.
c47ad9f58bb1d71303768abe2469824c.jpg

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

x2 MSS Cars actually :)

One was a Street Pack and the other was one of the MSS Kits development RS3's on an unreleased "LS" kit they are testing on UK roads. Both owners report great results and the "LS" car was actually the best riding "lowered" A/S/RS 3 I have ever been in. I actually thought that it could not get any better but did! lol

Ah forgot about that one Alex

Reactions: DJAlix
Awesome. Do it never look back. MSS yes.

TX.

Edit - turns in great now and looks so much better. I have rear ARB too.

Pretty expensive the MSS Kit - so thoughts are its worth it?

Great info guys!.

I have to look into the Mag ride recalibration.

TX.

Have you got spacers and if so, what sizes?

TX.

Did you get the MSS Track or Sport Springs?

Thanks for your reply.

I'm stuck on getting Sport or track.

What's your feedback on the sport?

Big improvement of handling and exit power stability?

From reading their website track seems to be occasional road use and mostly on track so imho is perhaps too firm for regular road use. I'm probably on track once a year so not for me.

The kit really is amazing, it has transformed the car. Now you just turn and it goes. It is a bit firmer vs before but no "bone shaker". Have to be a bit careful over speed bumps now as it sometimes catches the bottom of the car, tbh I just drive an alternative route and avoid them.

TX.

Is there a way to tell if you have mag ride from inside the car?

I build is due to start on 25th sept.... on my order form mag ride is there and costed.... however when I log into the build tracker on the Audi website I canst see mag ride ... only RS sport suspension!..... should I be worried

Is there a way to tell if you have mag ride from inside the car?

I build is due to start on 25th sept.... on my order form mag ride is there and costed.... however when I log into the build tracker on the Audi website I canst see mag ride ... only RS sport suspension!..... should I be worried

No all of ours are the same, I don't think one person has it on the tracker.

Well you can find out by the ride changing, otherwise go into individual and you will see an option for suspension control.

Yep as said there is no magic switch for magride it's just built into the drive select functions.
If you have the option in individual settings to alter the suspension, then you have it.

Reactions: AudiNutta
cool, thanks for the replies... i feel at ease now with the mag ride not being on the audi build tracker...