Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

Where you thinking of going? We are most likely off to Dubai start of October but also got an eye on that place in the Dominican you pointed out, but might save that for December.................or do i get that Porsche now :)

Just watch the food in the Dom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's whats putting me off of going in early October, the weather not @Simon L

Had a really good holiday in Dalyan, Turkey a few years back and would go again but the Mrs not to keen

Can't beat a value for money winter break but looking to splash out in October when I leave work (and probably retire)

Splash out? Gotta be Barbados then!

Can't beat a value for money winter break but looking to splash out in October when I leave work (and probably retire)

Sensatori Jamaica...... mate[/QUOTE]

Unsure if you've been to Jamaica or not but apparently outside of the hotels it's a bit of a dodgy looking sh*thole! Best place in the Caribbean is meant to be Barbados, and that's reflected by its price..... I'll need to try and get the girlfriend to change career and become an air hostess for cheap holidays

Reactions: AudiNutta and Jassyo06
Sensatori Jamaica...... mate

Unsure if you've been to Jamaica or not but apparently outside of the hotels it's a bit of a dodgy looking sh*thole! Best place in the Caribbean is meant to be Barbados, and that's reflected by its price..... I'll need to try and get the girlfriend to change career and become an air hostess for cheap holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Yeah l know mate same goes for the Dominican Republic to explore outside the complex is not advisable hence the resorts cater more than in the Mediterranean ie entertainment etc but standards and service are way above the meds standards just a pity the yanks frequent it lol

Reactions: Rolly12

Yeah l know mate same goes for the Dominican Republic to explore outside the complex is not advisable hence the resorts cater more than in the Mediterranean ie entertainment etc but standards and service are way above the meds standards just a pity the yanks frequent it lol[/QUOTE]

Aye it was the same in Mexico when we were there in June. Everyone was so attentive and there was always some sort of entertainment going on. I've not been to Dom or Jamaica but my mums cabin crew and said they get people coming back from Dom quite frequently with food poisoning but Id imagine what resort you stay in has a big factor on that. It was her that told me Jamaica is a bit of a sh*thole too!

P.S. Your text was almost microscopic in that reply mate, dunno if you knew.

Yeah l know mate same goes for the Dominican Republic to explore outside the complex is not advisable hence the resorts cater more than in the Mediterranean ie entertainment etc but standards and service are way above the meds standards just a pity the yanks frequent it lol[/QUOTE]

****** yanks... obnoxious! I'm off to Florida next year as well

Picking holiday destination is harder than picking new cars, might now be pushing the button on Sensatori in Jamaica now....lol :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, AudiNutta and Rolly12
Aye it was the same in Mexico when we were there in June. Everyone was so attentive and there was always some sort of entertainment going on. I've not been to Dom or Jamaica but my mums cabin crew and said they get people coming back from Dom quite frequently with food poisoning but Id imagine what resort you stay in has a big factor on that. It was her that told me Jamaica is a bit of a sh*thole too!

P.S. Your text was almost microscopic in that reply mate, dunno if you knew.

Girl I know went on honeymoon to Mexico, the hire they had got broken into before they were due to come home and they had their suitcases stolen! Thankfully they had their passports on them.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rolly12
*** Jassy make up your mind man, you're worse than a ****** woman lol
emoji848.png

Yeah l know mate same goes for the Dominican Republic to explore outside the complex is not advisable hence the resorts cater more than in the Mediterranean ie entertainment etc but standards and service are way above the meds standards just a pity the yanks frequent it lol
I've been to Jamaica many times, we always fly into Kingston, stay a few days with family and then head up to the coast. Never had or seen any trouble whatsoever, even in Kingston. The locals are always warm and friendly.

It's all scaremongering to get people to stay in the resorts and there is plenty to do outside like visit the local attractions and sample the local delicacies ie rum, ganja and coffee:sunglasses:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and PanamaS3
*** Jassy make up your mind man, you're worse than a ****** woman lol

I've been to Jamaica many times, we always fly into Kingston, stay a few days with family and then head up to the coast. Never had or seen any trouble whatsoever, even in Kingston. The locals are always warm and friendly.

It's all scaremongering to get people to stay in the resorts and there is plenty to do outside like visit the local attractions and sample the local delicacies ie rum, ganja and coffee:sunglasses:

Totally agree with you @davc ....i lived/worked in Kingston for almost a year...travelled all over the island and had a project in one of the most notorious places on the island (Spanish Town)...never had any problems....wonderful people....big resort areas are the worst because all the tourists have a dollar sign on their foreheads....problem is no-one knows where to go looking on tinternet and talking to UK travel agents...at least off the beaten track so to speak where its often way better. I've also lived and worked in Trinidad & Tobago, Grand Cayman and The Bahamas (not wishing to sound boastful) if anyones looking at any of those places for a holiday happy to help with any info if I can... :)

Reactions: davc, KenL, Rolly12 and 1 other person
Totally agree with you @davc ....i lived/worked in Kingston for almost a year...travelled all over the island and had a project in one of the most notorious places on the island (Spanish Town)...never had any problems....wonderful people....big resort areas are the worst because all the tourists have a dollar sign on their foreheads....problem is no-one knows where to go looking on tinternet and talking to UK travel agents...at least off the beaten track so to speak where its often way better. I've also lived and worked in Trinidad & Tobago, Grand Cayman and The Bahamas (not wishing to sound boastful) if anyones looking at any of those places for a holiday happy to help with any info if I can... :)

Bit of thee old Gypsy in you mate lol

Reactions: PanamaS3
Don't know myself may even cancel the order totally, scunnered l am

Do you drive a lot mate?

I could easily justify the cost if I use the car everyday. Only reason I cancelled mine completely is because I only drive on weekends....

Or are you just thinking you want a change from the S3?

Don't know myself may even cancel the order totally, scunnered l am

oh dear ... that explains the confusion then.

Hope you can get your head clear on this one.

Reactions: Jassyo06
There is no discounts available on either RS3 models and won't likely be any, the last RS3 was available with a smallish discount 6% but that's a lot on a £50k plus car. Your options on your Audi S3 will keep you in negative equity for a good bit of time, a wiser person would buy a standard RS3 with a respectable deposit and be free of negative equity far quicker than some one with a fully loaded S3
Hardly anyone got a discount on the PFL RS3. I got £1k off only due to it being a cancelled order albeit one that I could still amend. Literally no one was discounting them when I was buying.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

If you are in a loop then keep the current one, it is fast/good/cheap/handles/looks good enough for day to day and IF you jump out and buy another once the initial excitement wears off (ooo its all shiny and has a digital dash) you might end up right where you are now but having cost yourself a few more quid.
The longer you keep it the total cost of ownership reduces. Way more to life than how recent my number plate reads.

We all know in another couple of years or so the next shiny Audi A/E/S/RS will come along....................

Reactions: Baldyone, TDI-line, DrEskimo and 1 other person
Hardly anyone got a discount on the PFL RS3. I got £1k off only due to it being a cancelled order albeit one that I could still amend. Literally no one was discounting them when I was buying.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
There's a few who did say they got a discount not much at least something @Snake Pliskin think he got something

A £1000 "makes a difference mate" , that's £25 off your monthly in my spec £460

Also l was offered £1400 off one from Glasgow Audi 18 months ago

Last edited:
Do you drive a lot mate?

I could easily justify the cost if I use the car everyday. Only reason I cancelled mine completely is because I only drive on weekends....

Or are you just thinking you want a change from the S3?
I use my car to get to work so yeah 5 days a week

If you are in a loop then keep the current one, it is fast/good/cheap/handles/looks good enough for day to day and IF you jump out and buy another once the initial excitement wears off (ooo its all shiny and has a digital dash) you might end up right where you are now but having cost yourself a few more quid.
The longer you keep it the total cost of ownership reduces. Way more to life than how recent my number plate reads.

We all know in another couple of years or so the next shiny Audi A/E/S/RS will come along....................

Would have to agree with this...

I went from a B8 A5 to a B8.5 S5. The interior was largely identical and it all felt a bit familiar. If it wasn't for the fact that I went from a FWD 2.0 4cylinder to a quattro 3.0 V6, the whole thing would have been pretty anti-climatic...particularly with the amount of money involved.

Moving from an S3 to another S3 with the same engine and same interior....not sure I get it I must say. Saloon shape is lovely, but think I would be more tempted to buy the current car outright and modify it with a remap?

As the good man says, cost of ownership for the next few years is considerably cheaper...

Reactions: PanamaS3
At this rate you will overtake @Bristle Hound , the number of times you have changed your mind over the car ,LOL
I can sympathise about it though !
Is the S3 in vooodooo still on ? (I am confused )(Normal though LOL )

Reactions: Jassyo06
There's a few who did say they got a discount not much at least something @Snake Pliskin think he got something

A £1000 "makes a difference mate" , that's £25 off your monthly in my spec £460

Also l was offered £1400 off one from Glasgow Audi 18 months ago

I got 4.5% off but that was purely down to initial rush had died off, loyalty discount (my 4th Audi same delaer) bought 2 cars at the time etc.
Some people got as much as 10% off (or claimed they did) once demand had really died down.
Then I think prices crept up again as the car was taken off sale and only limited numbers remained.
No idea if it will follow the same cycle again this time thoough ?

Reactions: TDI-line and Jassyo06
but think I would be more tempted to buy the current car outright and modify it with a remap?
I guess I'm biased here somewhat...but this is not a bad idea at all bearing in mind your indecision right now Jassy...you want something quicker and more exciting...the only thing is the noise and newness factor....somethings gotta give I guess....but don't worry, we are all right here with you to spend your money lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Djs3saloon, TDI-line and 2 others
5684479e435e75f2ad934b18da841a9b.jpg

In true Bullseye fashion..... "here's what you could've won"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rob2k68, TDI-line and 6 others

Now that's just cruel lol :)

IMG 4199

Now don't worry Jassy, the money Jocky won for your charity is safe !

We don't want you getting BFH.

Listen to Tony.

The star prize is hiding behind Bully :)

IMG 4200

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 4 others
I have always had the mindset of a larger deposit and a lower monthly payment and yeah it was going to be on a pcp deal but l spoke with the Mrs and she's kind of changed my mind so it's not going to happen, the extra money l was adding to the deposit has now been paid to a holiday cash.... not a holiday on a pcp deal

Fair enough. I'd never pay a huge deposit for a car on PCP. You're never seeing that money again.

Reactions: David McQueen
Nah, deposit has very little effect on total amount paid. If anything, higher deposit is actually cheaper (but not by much....).

However you divide it is just a personal choice, there is no right or wrong way (it always costs too much...!).

Think it's probably a wise move mate.

Being an old grumpy man for a minute, it's also worth pointing out that it's not just the finance payments, but the fuel costs, VED, insurance and maintenance costs.....! Quickly it becomes a very sizeable amount of your income....
Right. But because of the depreciation, and given most people never pay their balloons, it's safe to assume he's not getting that money back, therefore lower deposits are preferred.

Right. But because of the depreciation, and given most people never pay their balloons, it's safe to assume he's not getting that money back, therefore lower deposits are preferred.

Not sure I follow...?

Depreciation is the same no matter what upfront payment you put down, and you wont be getting any of the higher monthly payments back either?
You don't suddenly pay less for the car because you put down less money up front I'm afraid....in fact you pay ever so slightly more.

E.g.

S3 Saloon over 36m:
£5 deposit/35 monthlies of £453 = Total £20,855
£15k deposit/35 monthlies of £146 = Total £20,110

Both basically the same, but you in fact save about £750 in interest by putting a bigger deposit in. Not worth writing home about though. So arguably the higher deposit is preferable for small saving, but personally I think it doesn't matter and is just a personal preference.

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

But you pay more in total over the life of the deal with a lower deposit, regardless of whether you keep the car or hand it back (unless the PCP APR is lower than your risk free deposit rate, which is almost impossible). So why are lower deposits preferred when they demonstrably lead to a higher total outlay?

ETA: Cross-posted with above.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Not sure I follow...?

Depreciation is the same no matter what upfront payment you put down, and you wont be getting any of the higher monthly payments back either?
You don't suddenly pay less for the car because you put down less money up front I'm afraid....in fact you pay ever so slightly more.

E.g.

S3 Saloon over 36m:
£5 deposit/35 monthlies of £453 = Total £20,855
£15k deposit/35 monthlies of £146 = Total £20,110

Both basically the same, but you in fact save about £750 in interest by putting a bigger deposit in. Not worth writing home about though. So arguably the higher deposit is preferable for small saving, but personally I think it doesn't matter and is just a personal preference.

Because you could get rid of the car at any time by PX'ing it to another garage, or getting a bank loan to cover off the remaining balance and then sell it privately. By not paying an initial high deposit, you are keeping your cash reserves to cover any unforeseen circumstance if you dislike the car or want to change it way before your term is up. Depending on the fluctuation of the market, and the value of the car at point of sale, the depreciation means you could be looking at negative equity for quite a while, meaning the more disposable cash you have, the better.

Love that paint. Btw, just wondering. Why are the rear bumpers now including bicycle reflectors like they are required to have in America?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Because you could get rid of the car at any time by PX'ing it to another garage, or getting a bank loan to cover off the remaining balance and then sell it privately. By not paying an initial high deposit, you are keeping your cash reserves to cover any unforeseen circumstance if you dislike the car or want to change it way before your term is up. Depending on the fluctuation of the market, and the value of the car at point of sale, the depreciation means you could be looking at negative equity for quite a while, meaning the more disposable cash you have, the better.

Sorry I still don't get why the upfront cost makes any difference?

If you decide to P/X earlier, the difference between what you owe and what the trade in is is just smaller if you put in a high upfront payment vs. if you put in a lower upfront payment.

E.g. if you want to P/X after just 12m in this example:
£5 deposit/12 monthlies of £453 = Total £10,436 - amount still owing about £30k
£15k deposit/12 monthlies of £146 = Total £16,752 - amount still owing about £24k

If they offer you £30k in P/X then you break even on the £5k deposit and end up spending about £10k.
If you paid £15k up front, then you are £6k in positive equity, so you've paid £16k and now have £6k back in equity and have paid....£10k.

Keeping the cash in the bank is one argument, but unless you have a way to invest it that returns you better than the interest you are being charged on the PCP (4.9%), then its not the most sensible thing. Some people like having the money there for a rainy day though. As I said, its a personal preference. Neither way is better.

Jassyo06, lets be honest here, the S3 and RS3 are hardly the most exciting cars (without doubt fast but maybe a bit too efficient/flattering in a Germanic way) to drive so what you really want is.............
the dynamics of the new CTR
the looks and interior of the S3/RS3
for the price of a mountune Focus RS

Ignore the money side of things and ignore price reductions..........you won't be happy if you buy the wrong car whatever the figures are. Don't be loyal to Audi, they don't give a rats. Go try a few (even ones you think you won't like) to see if once you are behind the wheel the world becomes a brighter place, many manufacturers have so caught up with their German counterparts and the badge doesn't make much difference anymore regarding reliability/longevity/performance and some 'lesser' brands might/will surprise you.

Any well spec'd S3/RS3 are simply too expensive in the market place (oh how Audi love PCP) compared to others so save yourself £10k and buy an Focus! However if you do use your car to commute the Audi will be the best place to be, your current S3 will continue to work for years (and 300bhp is never going to be slow) so continue to use it until you either break it/bend it/know what you want to buy.

Any more advice just ask.....hehe :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, 4K and Rob2k68
Jassyo06, lets be honest here, the S3 and RS3 are hardly the most exciting cars (without doubt fast but maybe a bit too efficient/flattering in a Germanic way) to drive so what you really want is.............
the dynamics of the new CTR
the looks and interior of the S3/RS3
for the price of a mountune Focus RS

Ignore the money side of things and ignore price reductions..........you won't be happy if you buy the wrong car whatever the figures are. Don't be loyal to Audi, they don't give a rats. Go try a few (even ones you think you won't like) to see if once you are behind the wheel the world becomes a brighter place, many manufacturers have so caught up with their German counterparts and the badge doesn't make much difference anymore regarding reliability/longevity/performance and some 'lesser' brands might/will surprise you.

Any well spec'd S3/RS3 are simply too expensive in the market place (oh how Audi love PCP) compared to others so save yourself £10k and buy an Focus! However if you do use your car to commute the Audi will be the best place to be, your current S3 will continue to work for years (and 300bhp is never going to be slow) so continue to use it until you either break it/bend it/know what you want to buy.

Any more advice just ask.....hehe :)

I get what everyone is saying, but right at this point in my life l have lot to cope with regards to my parents... my heads pickled, if l hadn't paid £2000 "partial deposit l would cancel the S3 that's on order just.... If I cancel l will lose it... Just need to try and focus....

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, 4K and 1 other person
I get what everyone is saying, but right at this point in my life l have lot to cope with regards to my parents... my heads pickled, if l hadn't paid £2000 "partial deposit l would cancel the S3 that's on order just.... If I cancel l will lose it... Just need to try and focus....

My salesman told me that its very difficult for them to actually keep that deposit even if you cancel...I'm sure if you contest it, they will refund it.
Something about the fact you haven't seen the goods yet and therefore they cant actually keep it? Could be wrong!

I mean, it's not as if you are lumping them with a car they cant sell on...?

Reactions: deanshaw24, PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
^^ mate in that case be up front and honest with the Sales manager and then Audi UK, they are human and know there are waaaaay more important things than cars. I would expect them to give you the deposit back.
All the best for whatever is going on in your world.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Djs3saloon and Jassyo06