Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

Code worked this time.

Far from low spec pal.

Perfect balance imo :yes:

Pretty much exactly how I would spec one & you have all the 'must have' items included.

I'm not hung on on pano roofs but I know that's important to you.
He's jacked it and went to work at Ford lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's probably....Thinking *** no that nut job again.....lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 2 others
He's probably....Thinking *** no that nut job again.....lol
I had a chat with the dealer for you. He was busy going round the showroom taking bets with his colleagues on when you'd next call up to change your order, and what to :D :p

They apologised and he should be available soon.

Hahaaa :haha::haha::haha:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 4 others
Reactions: Tom.H
I had a chat with the dealer for you. He was busy going round the showroom taking bets with his colleagues on when you'd next call up to change your order, and what to :D :p

They apologised and he should be available soon.

Hahaaa :haha::haha::haha:

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and azibux1
Reactions: PanamaS3, Jassyo06, BarryG79 and 2 others
For me if I was buying a car like an RS3 it would have zero options.

You buy a car like that for its performance. Options add weight that lessen the performance.

They also add a huge amount in cost that you get zero return on. If you put £5k options on a car, after 3 years the residual value will be virtually the same as a standard car.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well l have kinda worked out how much a month it will be £495 pcm....told the Mrs she was fine with this...until l said but there would be no holiday in September............

I have actually had it up to eyeballs with car buying....So what will be will be.... Lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, James.B8, Soulboy and 8 others
Family happiness has to be put before a car...

For me if I was buying a car like an RS3 it would have zero options.

You buy a car like that for its performance. Options add weight that lessen the performance.

They also add a huge amount in cost that you get zero return on. If you put £5k options on a car, after 3 years the residual value will be virtually the same as a standard car.

Fundamentally your correct @KenL but you do need to add the sport exhaust and a nice paint colour to the RS3

Reactions: PanamaS3, Snake Pliskin, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Agree with this jassy but no need for sunroof, auto parking, adaptive cruise, heated seats, fancy sound system, etc etc...

@DrEskimo horses for courses but I just can't even stand the thought of electric power. Nasty power train imho. No emotion to them at all and not for me.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and DrEskimo
@Satory the 718 has a downright nasty engine now for sure although still looks amazing to my eyes and still goes well. Tough call for Porsche fans though, slightly lacking emotion again.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Well l have kinda worked out how much a month it will be £495 pcm....told the Mrs she was fine with this...until l said but there would be no holiday in September............View attachment 132922

I have actually had it up to eyeballs with car buying....So what will be will be.... Lol

@jassyo06 Nae bother, just tell the Mrs. we are still having the holiday..."doon the watter" Way better than lounging pool side at 40 plus degrees

lounging-by-the-pool.jpg

DSC_00780007-300x300.jpg

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, KenL and 5 others
Boy oh Boy there must have been a lot of tossing and turning in bed over this decision......no going back now. Personally I would have gone for the saloon, as it IMO just looks better and there are a ton of sportback/hatchback Audi 3 models on UK roads. Love your spec...no nanny devices.
Rest easy now and wait to when Spring delivers the new baby.

Steady on FS!
@jassyo06 , tossing and bed aren't words I ever want to hear in the same sentence ever again!
Make it go away.......! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Flying Scotsman, Rob2k68 and 4 others
Apologies for my naivety but am I right in thinking that after the 4 years you either walk away and give the car back. Or buy shell out the 20k and buy the car? With the former I assume the 10k you drop is lost?
Or re-finance the balance if you're that way inclined.

Its funny to think I could go get a base RS3 saloon for exactly the same price as my fully specced S3 (£43k).

But I’d miss all the extras. I don’t just want a fast car I want a car that has everything I need. No regrets.

I don’t understand how Audi and Car manufacturers don’t have a way to upgrade your car after its built.. surely that would be a gold mine.

Just tried Carwow to see if there are any deals on the RS3

Last edited:
I wish, hopefully l will receive the quote today or tomorrow, my S3"s deposit is £7000 plus l bought the rear camera, matrix headlights, and different door trim inserts which comes close to £9000 that's a lot of money to me and yeah you could say l am burning it metaphorically , so burning another £2000 won't make any difference
Christ. I thought everyone on here was in agreement that high deposits are a no no. Is the car being bought full in cash or on PCP?

Its funny to think I could go get a base RS3 saloon for exactly the same price as my fully specced S3 (£43k).

But I’d miss all the extras. I don’t just want a fast car I want a car that has everything I need. No regrets.

I don’t understand how Audi and Car manufacturers don’t have a way to upgrade your car after its built.. surely that would be a gold mine.

Reason for that is, they wouldn't get the skilled staff. The so called 'technical' people that work in Audi garages, are actually far from it.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and AudiNutta

There is no discounts available on either RS3 models and won't likely be any, the last RS3 was available with a smallish discount 6% but that's a lot on a £50k plus car. Your options on your Audi S3 will keep you in negative equity for a good bit of time, a wiser person would buy a standard RS3 with a respectable deposit and be free of negative equity far quicker than some one with a fully loaded S3

Reactions: KenL, TDI-line and Rob2k68
Christ. I thought everyone on here was in agreement that high deposits are a no no. Is the car being bought full in cash or on PCP?

I have always had the mindset of a larger deposit and a lower monthly payment and yeah it was going to be on a pcp deal but l spoke with the Mrs and she's kind of changed my mind so it's not going to happen, the extra money l was adding to the deposit has now been paid to a holiday cash.... not a holiday on a pcp deal

Reactions: Audi Bairn, KenL and Rob2k68
I have always had the mindset of a larger deposit and a lower monthly payment and yeah it was going to be on a pcp deal but l spoke with the Mrs and she's kind of changed my mind so it's not going to happen, the extra money l was adding to the deposit has now been paid to a holiday cash.... not a holiday on a pcp deal

:sob::sob:

Is this the full and final decision?

Reactions: PanamaS3, Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
:sob::sob:

Is this the full and final decision?
Final decision mate l would have had one in New York minute but my Mrs and a couple of friends convinced me otherwise.

Reactions: PanamaS3, MattSedg, AudiNutta and 3 others

Nah, deposit has very little effect on total amount paid. If anything, higher deposit is actually cheaper (but not by much....).

However you divide it is just a personal choice, there is no right or wrong way (it always costs too much...!).

Final decision mate l would have had one in New York minute but my Mrs and a couple of friends convinced me otherwise.

Think it's probably a wise move mate.

Being an old grumpy man for a minute, it's also worth pointing out that it's not just the finance payments, but the fuel costs, VED, insurance and maintenance costs.....! Quickly it becomes a very sizeable amount of your income....

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and 2 others
Nah, deposit has very little effect on total amount paid. If anything, higher deposit is actually cheaper (but not by much....).

However you divide it is just a personal choice, there is no right or wrong way (it always costs too much...!).

Think it's probably a wise move mate.

Being an old grumpy man for a minute, it's also worth pointing out that it's not just the finance payments, but the fuel costs, VED, insurance and maintenance costs.....! Quickly it becomes a very sizeable amount of your income....
Those good points aside,the main thing l was told was value for money, in isolation the RS3 is the top of the range A3 and it goes against my style not going for the top of the range as l normally do, me RS3 has been Voodood lol definitely not the end of the world

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Rolly12 and 2 others
You sticking with the Voodoo S3 order now mate ? That will be a stunner!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rolly12
Sticking with the S3 now then @jassyo06?

In all fairness mate, having the extra cash for a nice holiday is better than a nice chunk of metal sat on the drive :grinning:

We've finally booked a week in Majorca, not been there before.

Reactions: AshyMarvel, Audi Bairn, Rolly12 and 1 other person
Those good points aside,the main thing l was told was value for money, in isolation the RS3 is the top of the range A3 and it goes against my style not going for the top of the range as l normally do, me RS3 has been Voodood lol definitely not the end of the world

Yea sorry I'm finding it hard to evoke any sincere empathy for you when your alternative is a rather lovely S3 Saloon in Voodoo Blue....

Still see S3 Saloons and think....blimey that is lovely....

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Rolly12 and 3 others
@jassyo06 - So what are you going to change your current S3 SB for then mate ?

Reactions: Tom.H
the extra money l was adding to the deposit has now been paid to a holiday cash.... not a holiday on a pcp deal

Where you thinking of going? We are most likely off to Dubai start of October but also got an eye on that place in the Dominican you pointed out, but might save that for December.................or do i get that Porsche now :)

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Rolly12 and 3 others
Where you thinking of going? We are most likely off to Dubai start of October but also got an eye on that place in the Dominican you pointed out, but might save that for December.................or do i get that Porsche now :)
Dominican is lovely, definitely recommend it and great value for money.

Reactions: Daveotto and Jassyo06

Our @Simon L is off too Sensatori in dom rep on Thursday with his family l just reminded him to take his water proofs also to take his Gene Kelly's greatest hits album

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68 and Daveotto
Am off to Sensatori fethiye mate for a week was there in June it's rather nice and better than most Turkish resorts

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, TYb and 1 other person
OK....I am now really confused. Are we back to S3 Voodoo Blue as originally ordered.

Reactions: MattSedg, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Our @Simon L is off too Sensatori in dom rep on Thursday with his family l just reminded him to take his water proofs also to take his Gene Kelly's greatest hits album

That's whats putting me off of going in early October, the weather not @Simon L

Am off to Sensatori fethiye mate for a week was there in June it's rather nice and better than most Turkish resorts

Had a really good holiday in Dalyan, Turkey a few years back and would go again but the Mrs not to keen

Dominican is lovely, definitely recommend it and great value for money.

Can't beat a value for money winter break but looking to splash out in October when I leave work (and probably retire)

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06
Can't beat a value for money winter break but looking to splash out in October when I leave work (and probably retire)[/QUOTE]

Sensatori Jamaica...... mate

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Djs3saloon, Rob2k68 and 1 other person