Quick question. Coolant system fault?

portsA318T

'The boat can leave now, tell the crew'
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just a quick question. With the drop in temps due to the weather. Is it normal for the Coolant disp light come on ( the wavy lines and thermometer thingy) and then go after 30secs or so? This is when the car is first started in the mornings? Just need to know to keep my mind at rest. I checked the coolant and its fine and not below the level.

funny you should say that, mine did it yesterday, i fired it up, and the coolant light came on, so i turned it off, i assumed it was coolant level so stuck a cupfull in (it wasnt below the level, right in the middle)

fired it up again and it didnt come on.... so no idea what that was about.

i assumed the light ment coolant level low, but apparently it implies a fault in the cooling system.... perhaps something not reading right at extreme low temps?

I spoke to Awesome about this a few months back. They reckon it's common for the coolant sensor to fail.

I thought as much. But as it has only done it twice and only on ****** freezing weather over the past couple of days and the fact it didn't do it this morning, i'm just going to put it down to the cold. However if it gets more regular..............

this topic came up before and the common answer was "top up the coolant".