What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Mine

38B3D66F 5EFE 4E18 9F54 6BA9F2B75EFB

Reactions: ch1z64
Would 100% love my trims dipped in carbon like this they look sick Mate
His aren't dipped they're layered with real carbon fibre with a resin.

I toyed with this process in my old car, cost about £50 for the parts - these parts seem pretty complex to do so would guess they ain't cheap.

Reactions: downtothebone
I wanted statement pieces so the triangles are the only bit of real carbon fibre (albeit just a layer but you can see the texture) I have in the interior of the car. I prefer the ‘metal’ look on the rest of the various trim pieces and the vents, gear knob etc keeps things consistent otherwise you get this mismatch of materials and textures etc. The pair were done 5 years ago. Never been a fan of the leather triangles - always thought they look ‘covered’.

Reactions: dp_motley

I toyed with this process in my old car, cost about £50 for the parts - these parts seem pretty complex to do so would guess they ain't cheap.
If its done the way the guy on Ebay does them there £160 for 4 trims and the guy told me his are real carbon on top off tge original

check this Ebay out got a hellauva lot cheaper these days ( 332795403107 )

Try this guy out on ebay if you like ( 332795403107 )

that is tempting af.
had a look at his completed listings, he does 'core return' where you send him your pieces and hell do them for £100

are yours from this guy or hydrodipped?

Last edited:
If its done the way the guy on Ebay does them there £160 for 4 trims and the guy told me his are real carbon on top off tge original

check this Ebay out got a hellauva lot cheaper these days ( 332795403107 )
They look really good for the price and considering how much time it takes.

that is tempting af.
had a look at his completed listings, he does 'core return' where you send him your pieces and hell do them for £100

are yours from this guy or hydrodipped?
Mine are hydrodipped but av the same effect

Fitted the gaitor around gear knob and knee pads , but forgot how time consuming it was putting those pads in when you need to remove a nice tight retrofitted Q3 Climate Control , even forgot back 2 screws for the pads but there nice an tight without them
20180927 173804 1440x1920

Reactions: lea323ci
Fitted the gaitor around gear knob and knee pads , but forgot how time consuming it was putting those pads in when you need to remove a nice tight retrofitted Q3 Climate Control , even forgot back 2 screws for the pads but there nice an tight without themView attachment 166393
That looks great but for me it’s too much ‘CF’ in one area - prefer the break up of the alu look around the gaiter myself. Looks good nonetheless.

That looks great but for me it’s too much ‘CF’ in one area - prefer the break up of the alu look around the gaiter myself. Looks good nonetheless.
Cheers, looking to totally change interior colour but no sure if i will get all plastic trims hydrodipped

Fitted self opening boot struts works perfect.
7d5d22125cdb5222a5be07ea1d39c6f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: s3_trev, ch1z64, dp_motley and 1 other person
Was hoping to get my switchback indicators wired up today but been too busy, still got the Scandinavian mode coded on my DRLs so I'm happy I achieved something with the car today

I am happy you completed the hatch pop BUT I am hoping that the mod doesn't bend your attachment point like others. fingers crossed

Reactions: leonwilliams
I am happy you completed the hatch pop BUT I am hoping that the mod doesn't bend your attachment point like others. fingers crossed
Did the others use the same struts? I mean the struts from the same seller.

Just a bit more but I'm thinking after awhile they will settle. Won't use it all the time

What did you mean saying "won't use it all the time"? Are you going to change back to the original struts?

I made a new attempt to convince the seller to ship these struts to Denmark. I could buy the package label online and email him, so he could put it on the box and send out. He refused even replying.

What did you mean saying "won't use it all the time"? Are you going to change back to the original struts?

I made a new attempt to convince the seller to ship these struts to Denmark. I could buy the package label online and email him, so he could put it on the box and send out. He refused even replying.
What I ment was not use the feature all the time. If you want some. I could get for you if you pay me I buy and ship to you

What I ment was not use the feature all the time. If you want some. I could get for you if you pay me I buy and ship to you

I got them because it's a mod worthwhile doing. I understand that the struts are quite strong especially when opening the boot. Hence issues with brackets bending but I don't know if it's the type of struts have different strengths.

I got them because it's a mod worthwhile doing. I understand that the struts are quite strong especially when opening the boot. Hence issues with brackets bending but I don't know if it's the type of struts have different strengths.

What brackets are bending? Is it easy to fix by bending them back of is it anything that must be replaced?

What brackets are bending? Is it easy to fix by bending them back of is it anything that must be replaced?
I don't know mate someone on here mentioned it. The brackets the struts connect to. Must bend when it opens to the top and stops abruptly if you look at my vids you might see

I don't know mate someone on here mentioned it. The brackets the struts connect to. Must bend when it opens to the top and stops abruptly if you look at my vids you might see

I see. Two thoughts pop up in my mind. 1) Is it possible to put a spring or a rubber bumper inside the strut (can we disassembly it and assembly back?). 2) Can we stop opening the hatch softly before the strut is fully extended?

I see. Two thoughts pop up in my mind. 1) Is it possible to put a spring or a rubber bumper inside the strut (can we disassembly it and assembly back?). 2) Can we stop opening the hatch softly before the strut is fully extended?
Mate you think just like me. Don't think you can disassemble but it could be possible, would have to get from breakers and try. Its when the boot stops at the top. I'm going to have a look today.

New wheels genuine 18" sline alloys. Others where nice but reps. But prone to cracking they stuck out more. But these look sweet
f5b61aa81c059e095950623547d8a5f5.jpg
859fad484cff8cc1fab80e05aa10c4f5.jpg
9d12222dc03fa62c2367380704d5fac4.jpg
4438c1e2025df2582f1bfd556fbfce21.jpg

Reactions: lea323ci
Fitted the gaitor around gear knob and knee pads , but forgot how time consuming it was putting those pads in when you need to remove a nice tight retrofitted Q3 Climate Control , even forgot back 2 screws for the pads but there nice an tight without themView attachment 166393
That Q3 CC panel does not seem to fit like the OEM panel (recessed). Does it clip in? I had to sand away 2-3 mm at the top.

The q3 cc front panel needs to be fitted to the old 8p back section to make it fit properly then it sits back recessed like the old cc. The q3 cc does not fit properly if that’s not done as it flops about and doesn’t click in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That Q3 CC panel does not seem to fit like the OEM panel (recessed). Does it clip in? I had to sand away 2-3 mm at the top.
Now if you had read the post correctly Q3 CC you would have read the guys on numerous occassions mentioning you had to take 2/3mm off the sides and as @mechanic69 explained the old back off the old CC had to go on to Q3 CC , was all in the Q3 post

Reactions: samuelh_888 and mechanic69
... or if you have the non-heated seats version just switch out the pcb and swap out the buttons. No sanding required ...

Reactions: mechanic69
Now if you had read the post correctly Q3 CC you would have read the guys on numerous occassions mentioning you had to take 2/3mm off the sides and as @mechanic69 explained the old back off the old CC had to go on to Q3 CC , was all in the Q3 post
I have done this mod myself and know all that. But yours don't fit like mine or like in the pics above from @mechanic69. That's why I'm asking.