Misfire and Hesitation when driving.

Viv3.2

Reaction score
I have a A3 3.2 Audi quattro that i have had for 3months now. I have misfire under throttle and can feel the car being pulled back like its not getting enough power almost like a surging affect. I change my plugs but still no change. I plugged it on the computer but no faults that cud suggest anything. My fears are timing chain or a lamda sensor mayb. Any suggestions? I heard of ECU updates but my local dealers are too dumb to find out if mine cud be one of those.

I had this problem mate and it happened to be coil 1 and 4, so got new coil pack and it was fine after

How were you able to find out which pack it was? I tried pulling them out individually while idling and cud here them firing. So maybe its one thats on its way out? I live a short distance from our VW Audi center and they charge a crazy buck for simple diagnostics.

I bought myself a diagnostics tool of eBay £20 and it told me which ones were misfiring

Reactions: Viv3.2
Had exact same problem car felt sluggish and unresponsive , Had a misfire in cyclinders 1 and 3 , Also through management light on as boost pressure wasn't in the correct range (Underboosting) Car was in for service any way so they had a look and replaced all plugs and ignition coil but light was still on. Left it for a few days which I read which eventually get rid of the light and it did. My plug had moulded to my coil ahaha!

I bought new coil packs but looks like they not faulty..now I've booked it for a software update so im hoping this works.

Viv, get the fault code downloaded. Its cheaper than buying coil packs and software upgrades.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…