Anyone know the cost of a pan roof service from Audi?

scoss

Reaction score
Been getting a few squeaks etc in the cabin and i think it's possibly the pan roof.
So has anyone recently has this done and is this something I can wait whilst it gets done? Also the cost involved?

Thanks

Had mine done a month or so ago at a cost of £92.

It takes approx 1 1/2 hours but make sure they've ordered the 'special' grease needed before you turn up to have it done. I made two bookings and turned up before they'd ordered the grease so on the third time of asking they did it free of charge and gave me £200 worth of accessories by way of an apology.

Reactions: S32B, AudiNutta and glospete

It takes approx 1 1/2 hours but make sure they've ordered the 'special' grease needed before you turn up to have it done. I made two bookings and turned up before they'd ordered the grease so on the third time of asking they did it free of charge and gave me £200 worth of accessories by way of an apology.

Ok thanks, do they take the panel off then and lube all the rubber seals? Mine are filthy. I assume they clean the rubbers too?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Ok thanks, do they take the panel off then and lube all the rubber seals? Mine are filthy. I assume they clean the rubbers too?

Not sure that they take the panel off but all of the mechanism is greased and rubbers treated. The one at the back of the panel that is in shear when the roof closes has an anti-friction coating applied.

Not sure that they take the panel off but all of the mechanism is greased and rubbers treated. The one at the back of the panel that is in shear when the roof closes has an anti-friction coating applied.

Did you have friction noises coming from the roof before the service? If so were they resolved after?

Possibly a silly question but, whenever you go to Audi do you tell them not to install any new engine firmware? As this would erase your remap. The revo guy was very keen to point this out to me saying I'd best make a point and say that I didn't want any software updates for this reason. I thought Audi would not update anything without charging me for it anyway. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious.

Last edited:

How often does the sunroof need servicing?

Whilst I'm here...what free goodies did they give you?

Jeez, that's another unexpected expense. I'm at the three year mark. Just spent £300 on a ****** dash cam.

Anyone done a basic DIY grease job or is this far too involved?

This service cost is one of the reasons I purchased the 4 year Audi Canadian service plan, as services such as pano roof, haldex, etc. are included in the plan at a cost of about 450 quid, when I purchased the car. IMO, it is well worth it if you are going to keep the car for 4 years or even 3 when you factor in what Audi will charge you for a service at each service interval over the same time frame.

How often does the sunroof need servicing?

Whilst I'm here...what free goodies did they give you?

Every 2 years.

LoL mainly bits for little lad so the Lego cars, R/C R8, then the valve caps, air fresheners and a jacket

Possibly a silly question but, whenever you go to Audi do you tell them not to install any new engine firmware? As this would erase your remap. The revo guy was very keen to point this out to me saying I'd best make a point and say that I didn't want any software updates for this reason. I thought Audi would not update anything without charging me for it anyway. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious.

No mate I don’t say anything- think they’d only instal an update if it cured a specific issue that the car had.

Jeez, that's another unexpected expense. I'm at the three year mark. Just spent £300 on a ****** dash cam.

Anyone done a basic DIY grease job or is this far too involved?

It’s quite involved. Someone posted the service manual instructions on here a while back from memory it was 5-6 pages.

It’s quite involved. Someone posted the service manual instructions on here a while back from memory it was 5-6 pages.

I've seen this 6 page document. It's not exactly straight forward and there are two products/applications which aren't cheap either.

No mate I don’t say anything- think they’d only instal an update if it cured a specific issue that the car had.

That's what I thought. This would just be my luck though! But knowing audi they'd do nothing without attaching a bill to it. So I'm sure I'll be alright.

If it goes in for any work tell them not to do any software updates as they plug them in an flash the ECU as part of the service sometimes. They will know you have a map then though, but what's more important..

If it goes in for any work tell them not to do any software updates as they plug them in an flash the ECU as part of the service sometimes. They will know you have a map then though, but what's more important..

Even if I'm only getting a pan roof service will they plug the ECU in?

Even if I'm only getting a pan roof service will they plug the ECU in?

Perhaps, but more unlikely. Still, if they do flash it and then you lose your map you have no grounds with either the company you had your map from or Audi.

Perhaps, but more unlikely. Still, if they do flash it and then you lose your map you have no grounds with either the company you had your map from or Audi.

Yeah true. I've got no warranty with Audi so I'm not bothered about telling to do no updates. However I wonder if this message will get to the techs from the front desk!

Yeah true. I've got no warranty with Audi so I'm not bothered about telling to do no updates. However I wonder if this message will get to the techs from the front desk!
You could alway tape a note to the steering wheel making it clear and obvious.

Oh right, don't worry then and just tell them.. your only loss would be warranty.

Plus I leave a sign in my car to not wash it, just the same!

Oh right, don't worry then and just tell them.. your only loss would be warranty.

Plus I leave a sign in my car to not wash it, just the same!

Flash it?

Yeah this seems the most blatant thing to do.

Flash it?

Yeah this seems the most blatant thing to do.

Yeah just plug it in and restore the software, quite a common thing to do... not sure how often it's done though.

Tell them on the desk and say you've left a sign in the car, you've done all in your power to stop it and if you still lose your map it's down to them.

£92 to service on a sunroof, it does make you smile :)

I'm in the wrong job!

Reactions: scoss