Pan roof or No pan roof??

@jassyo06 - Here you go buddy :D

dsc_0516-jpg.98321
Awesome @Bristle Hound 4 can Dan that's me.... Pmsl

Reactions: Audi Bairn, davc, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
No brainer for me. After the SS seats and VC its essential.

Reactions: Rob2k68
and its quite a lot bigger than a standard sun roof.

No, it isn't. Looks good from the outside, but just the standard issue 70s rectangle inside. Looks awful when it's open, too, like a glass roof rack.

Save the money!

No, it isn't. Looks good from the outside, but just the standard issue 70s rectangle inside. Looks awful when it's open, too, like a glass roof rack.

Save the money!

Awe cheer up......... Lol

Reactions: simonali, Rob2k68 and David McQueen
Just my 2 penneth......the biggest concern with pano roofs is how easily these attract damage from stones etc thrown up by other traffic. How many peeps have suffered stone chips or cracks in their windscreens alone. I've experienced a glass sunroof being shattered by a chipping thrown up by the lorry in front....it really sharpens the senses and fills the laundry bin !! Plus, it's loads of hassle getting it replaced. Given the design of the todays pano roof - glass panel above the windsreen, angle of roof panel and its total exposure when open - the potential for crud hitting it (particularly at motorway speeds) are rather scary.

Its a personal choice I know and I sincerely wish everyone who loves them happy carefree motoring. But IMHO, if you want open air motoring then buy a cabriolet (with B&O/Bose of course) and really enjoy the experience. Hats/sun cream optional.

Reactions: GSB and Jassyo06
Just my 2 penneth......the biggest concern with pano roofs is how easily these attract damage from stones etc thrown up by other traffic. How many peeps have suffered stone chips or cracks in their windscreens alone. I've experienced a glass sunroof being shattered by a chipping thrown up by the lorry in front....it really sharpens the senses and fills the laundry bin !! Plus, it's loads of hassle getting it replaced. Given the design of the todays pano roof - glass panel above the windsreen, angle of roof panel and its total exposure when open - the potential for crud hitting it (particularly at motorway speeds) are rather scary.

Its a personal choice I know and I sincerely wish everyone who loves them happy carefree motoring. But IMHO, if you want open air motoring then buy a cabriolet (with B&O/Bose of course) and really enjoy the experience. Hats/sun cream optional.

Anyone using theirs at motorway speeds should have second thoughts. Thats not what they are for!

Go for the pano. It's a decent size, doesn't restrict headroom and lightens what is a pretty dark interior. Most days here (Melbourne) I have the cover open if not the glass itself.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Ariel view, my cars interior isn't your dark and sombre Audi affair but nonetheless l had to have the pano-roof

DSC 0320

Reactions: TYb, PanamaS3, Djs3saloon and 6 others
That's a good angle, makes the letterbox look much bigger than it actually is. :p

Reactions: Jassyo06
I intended to spec the pano roof but was disappointed to find that it took about an inch from headroom making the roof too close. The hole wasn't as big as I'd hoped.

So I didn't order it.

Last time I had one, I left it open whilst I nipped into a shop, came back to find bird poo on the front seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, richinsoton and 2 others
Last time I had one, I left it open whilst I nipped into a shop, came back to find bird poo on the front seats

Better on the wipe clean seats than in your hair Mike, :haha::yes::friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, davc and 1 other person

Yeah anytime l leave the roof open l half expect this to happen especially at this time of year lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
It can tilt open prior to entering the car if you hold down the unlock button and can also be activated via the global closing aswell.... Sweet

Hmm..indeed it does...although does it not also open the windows at the same time or have you had yours tweaked?

I have mine open on any dry day...cold, hot, warm, freezing it matters not ....I don't like it ...I love it love it love it ..oh oh

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and OST
I'm not a particularly tall fella (bit over 6 foot) but I think without the pano my poor receeding hair would come out the car each time like a schoolyard static rub.....as I have heard a few times in my life....that extra inch really helps :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, davc and 1 other person
I'm not a particularly tall fella (bit over 6 foot) but I think without the pano my poor receeding hair would come out the car each time like a schoolyard static rub.....as I have heard a few times in my life....that extra inch really helps :)

Class Reply mate....but l am sure oor @Simon L would have been bragging about his Full Monty head of hair...if he had the Pano-Roof....God damn this forum aint the same without the Cockney Linquist,Ps l aint a Buffty by any means but he's slick looking guy for someone in his early 50's...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and PanamaS3
Hmm..indeed it does...although does it not also open the windows at the same time or have you had yours tweaked?

I have mine open on any dry day...cold, hot, warm, freezing it matters not ....I don't like it ...I love it love it love it ..oh oh

You can either set Global Closing for just the windows or for just the roof,you cant do both

Reactions: Rob2k68
Class Reply mate....but l am sure oor @Simon L would have been bragging about his Full Monty head of hair...if he had the Pano-Roof....God damn this forum aint the same without the Cockney Linquist,Ps l aint a Buffty by any means but he's slick looking guy for someone in his early 50's...lol

come in @Simon L ........Mr. @jassyo06 wants to "talk" to you lol
images

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
that extra inch really helps :)
Aye and as the septic tanks say "there's no substitute for inches" lol
You can either set Global Closing for just the windows or for just the roof,you cant do both
On my car you can enable both the windows and roof to open and close via the remote, although the roof will only tilt on open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and PanamaS3
I havent ever seen that...are you 100% about it?

yES
Aye and as the septic tanks say "there's no substitute for inches" lol

On my car you can enable both the windows and roof to open and close via the remote, although the roof will only tilt on open.

Really .....lol to be perfectly honest mate and this is going to sound really really anal,l dont use my lecky windys..........because of, you get them horrid vertical lines....hate dirty glass...lol

Reactions: davc, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
come in @Simon L ........Mr. @jassyo06 wants to "talk" to you lol
images

Text him last week about me booking a holiday.... as he loves his holidays and is a vain barsteward....AKA a sun worshipper....his final text after l said we all miss him was.......
5b4ca2af885381cde35955de8008f699

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person

If you have VCDS/ODB11/Carista you can choose from tilt or slide as the behaviour for the global opening.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, davc and Jassyo06
I once left my roof open whilst at work overnight and about 40 spiders and numerous other creepy crawlies had taken up residence in the car when I went back to it in the morning!

Reactions: TDI-line
I once left my roof open whilst at work overnight and about 40 spiders and numerous other creepy crawlies had taken up residence in the car when I went back to it in the morning!

Ye should switched on the cars Spidey Sense by mistake eh
.....lol

Reactions: PanamaS3 and TDI-line
Even though it was a horrible drive home I'm just glad it didn't rain!

I've had mine nearly 3 years and used at motorway speeds all the time, never had a warning come up on the screen and works fine.

Reactions: davc and OST
I've had mine nearly 3 years and used at motorway speeds all the time, never had a warning come up on the screen and works fine.
I think you may get the warning if you have the display showing Efficiency Program (or whatever it's called), I always get the warning to switch the Start/Stop on when sitting at lights or if I have the driver's window down when the car is at motorway speeds.