Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Plot lost. More refined.

Is this not typical of sports car development over the last two decades though? It is hardly a shock.
In attempt to make the cars more accessible to the masses, safer in crashes and meeting all sorts of ******-up restrictions they lose their soul.
There are exceptions made by Porsche. Ferrari and Lamborghini but they then cost even more..

I'd pay more for a stripped out new "Audi Quattro" (a SWB RS7?) special but the masses will want the more refined cars.

So basically the message is......buy the Pre-FL. :racer:

Troll alert, oh how we have missed you :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

So basically the message is......buy the Pre-FL. :racer:

Yep...

Good point actually. Once my 2015 car reaches 3 years old then I could consider getting a late 16 or early 17 PFL in a similarly top spec.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the gap between late PFLs and early FLs.
One would expect it to close up a bit. Reputation and early long-term reviews could be a big factor.

@Evotion - Do you think they knew that the FL was faster, lighter and a more refined exhaust note that they speculated to make a quick buck?? :hubbahubba:

Reactions: LuckyLee and Terminator x
Umm, brave for a small car outfit to risk that.
Worth it for people who want one in a couple of weeks I guess.

Sara Cox cars did this exact same thing when the 8V was launched.

He had a sepang on order with some extra ££££ on it.

When mine arrives I have great plans.....join a forum about a new improved car and tell everyone mine is better.
Then again the more I think about that idea I feel like a tool. Might just drive it instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would save money and get a PFL if only I could get the virtual cockpit on it. I've got a Merc C300 Cabriolet for a couple of days and I'm finding it hard to go back to normal dials. Doesn't help that the Merc infotainment system feels likes its 5 years old (still better at searching for postcodes though).

Been reading this thread for a while and decided to join :)

I have my car on order, due October 1st.

RS3 Sportback
Nardo
Red Calipers
Comfort & Sound
Folding Mirrors
Super Sport Seats
Privacy Glass
Sports Exhaust

I was going to go for the gloss black pack, but seeing a nardo saloon at the dealership with the standard silver it actually look really good i thought, I know lots don't like it. Looking forward to it anyway, I went from an S3 to an S5 and definitely prefer the 3!!

So no black or aluminium styling packs at all?

I would save money and get a PFL if only I could get the virtual cockpit on it. I've got a Merc C300 Cabriolet for a couple of days and I'm finding it hard to go back to normal dials. Doesn't help that the Merc infotainment system feels likes its 5 years old (still better at searching for postcodes though).

I'm sure Aoon can help with the virtual dash if you wanted to retrofit.

Well I've also had 2 generations of Sportbacks so wanted to switch it up with the Saloon too. I doubt I'll order one in the next couple of months though, I want to wait for any little problems to get fixed and who knows maybe they'll change the exhaust on the next model year. Hopefully more discount too, I can only get 2% right now.

I just really want to find a dealer who has an RS3 I can see. None of the dealers in south london have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because £Sterling continues to weaken against the Euro.

Both RRP's have gone up. Where do I stand, do I still get the price I have on my invoice or do I have to pay the increase?

I'm booked in to see and hear one start up on Wednesday but can't drive it. After hearing the comments tonight about it being quieter than a pre-FL without the sports exhaust I can't say I'm too excited now!

Both RRP's have gone up. Where do I stand, do I still get the price I have on my invoice or do I have to pay the increase?
Invoice price. You've agreed your deal.

Reactions: dunes7
I'm getting myself in a twist here trying to decide on wheels. I have emailed my dealer to change the interior trim from Standard to Alu. I'm worried about the standard wheels, a non-diamond cut wheel may look plain on a £53k car :/ The silver wheels will be a nightmare to keep clean and will only look satisfying while it is sat after a wash.

If I do opt for the wheels, I think I will save £295 and stick with the standard trim. I will go for the Titanium Finish wheels as I don't like black wheels. Tried all to put me off; Tyre prices are a ltttle more for the fronts then but that isn't a regular expense and the car will handle even better.

I hope so, it's not far off an extra £15 a month otherwise.

If I add something to my spec, will my invoice refresh in effect do you think? I'd like to think I would just have to pay extra for the option. See above post about wheels.

Didn't want to post again, but I agree the sound feedback has properly made me gutted this evening.

When mine was being made Audi added sat nav as a standard item and increased the price. I paid what was already agreed and got free sat nav!

TX.

Reactions: D0C
When mine was being made Audi added sat nav as a standard item and increased the price. I paid what was already agreed and got free sat nav!

TX.

Thanks for clearing that up TX.

I've done it, just emailed them and added the wheels... that's the last time I am changing spec now. Hopefully it will go through (locked down as Exclusive), but wheels won't affect the Exclusive finish and I'm sure Audi won't complain at me spending more.

I was going to mention the increased RRP and ask, but will pretend I haven't seen and hope that they don't notice either.

Reactions: Evotion and Terminator x
I'm booked in to see and hear one start up on Wednesday but can't drive it. After hearing the comments tonight about it being quieter than a pre-FL without the sports exhaust I can't say I'm too excited now!

Just make sure you've got new batteries in your hearing aids and who knows you might be pleasantly surprised :satellite:

You what?

I'll get me coat :)

I will go for the Titanium Finish wheels as I don't like black wheels

I know I'm too late from your later post..... I know a forum friend who had a MK1 RS3 and he commented that a few folk got cheesed off with the titanium wheel finish and had them powder coated as the matt finish on the wheel was quite a dirt trap/magnet.........

As "Doc" said to you, you have an invoice with an agreed price on. If they put the prices up after that invoice, they cannot renegotiate with you to pay more.

You have remebered the extra tax payment that comes along with the wider front wheels and tyres option, yes?

I know I'm too late from your later post..... I know a forum friend who had a MK1 RS3 and he commented that a few folk got cheesed off with the titanium wheel finish and had them powder coated as the matt finish on the wheel was quite a dirt trap/magnet.........

As "Doc" said to you, you have an invoice with an agreed price on. If they put the prices up after that invoice, they cannot renegotiate with you to pay more.

You have remebered the extra tax payment that comes along with the wider front wheels and tyres option, yes?

I'm thinking of colour, they will hide any brake dust better than silver would. I have shiny grey wheels now which don't really look dirty until I have done a good couple hundred miles. I could have had the standard ones refurbished, but the finish is never spot on and I would lose the cool Audi Sport logos on them ;)

Yes I have looked at the RRP, which takes the upgrade from £695 to £1095. I wish Audi had thought about that, 1gram over the threshold is really irritating. If it had affected it after the first year, I would have said no but after the first year it's fixed anyway.

Reactions: dunes7
On the RS Q3, the front brakes (well the brake pads) are real world polluters!!!!! It's no wonder I opted for ceramics on the RS3 :)

On the RS Q3, the front brakes (well the brake pads) are real world polluters!!!!! It's no wonder I opted for ceramics on the RS3 :)

Expensive option there! Can't wait to hear how people find them :D I may look at ceramics in a couple of years when I need brakes, seeing as they are a bolt on item to the standard calliper.

Expensive option there!

I know....... At times I can't help thinking it wouldn't be so bad if they gave you the regular calipers, pads & discs that would have been fitted if you'd not give em the £4,600 odd option fee!!!!!

I know....... At times I can't help thinking it wouldn't be so bad if they gave you the regular calipers, pads & discs that would have been fitted if you'd not give em the £4,600 odd option fee!!!!!

It is insane, because really it's £4,600 for discs and pads. Silly question, are they ceramics on the rear too?

They will have immense stopping power though, it will be stopping on its nose and tearing your face off in the process.

Silly question, are they ceramics on the rear too?

No, standard steel discs on the rear at that price. It would've probably been unpwards of £7/8k for all around ceramics.

Reactions: AudiNutta
My car is on its way to the UK !!
Just got a new insurance quote and the price has gone up in the last 2months since the last quote. Currently via moneysupermarket I'm getting in the £500's noting that I'm 47yrs old, have 3points, and +15yrs NCB. It could be worse.
Tried Admiral but they were asking +750, and as for Adrain Fuxx's - they wanted over £2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My car is on its way to the UK !!
Just got a new insurance quote and the price has gone up in the last 2months since the last quote. Currently via moneysupermarket I'm getting in the £500's noting that I'm 47yrs old, have 3points, and +15yrs NCB. It could be worse.
Tried Admiral but they were asking +750, and as for Adrain Fuxx's - they wanted over £2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is your £500'ish quote with Hastings? If not, you might wanna give them a try...........

You, @akeithj and me were together on the builds from last week, but mine has been showing as in "Quality control" for two days now. Good for you thou that you are now "In transit" :)

So no black or aluminium styling packs at all?
Nope, The black pack and nardo seems a really common combination, and i'm not massively keen on the matt ali. It looked better in the flesh than in photos and gave me some extra dosh for different options.

QUOTE="teslaboy, post: 3075715, member: 123874"]My car is on its way to the UK !!
Tried Admiral but they were asking +750, and as for Adrain Fuxx's - they wanted over £2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
blimey where do you live, iraq

Is your £500'ish quote with Hastings? If not, you might wanna give them a try...........

You, @akeithj and me were together on the builds from last week, but mine has been showing as in "Quality control" for two days now. Good for you thou that you are now "In transit" :)

Yes moneysuper...best quotes were via Hastings Direct and 1st Central. It appears our timing is out ! car insurance has literally gone up in the last month due to the usual excuses, typical!!
My Audi is now showing car in transit having just left Ingolstadt, I expect to see it mid Sep, first it needs its paint protection.
I'll send photos asap.
Quite excited for a 47yr old, but then this will be my first RS - you only live once !!

QUOTE="teslaboy, post: 3075715, member: 123874"]My car is on its way to the UK !!
blimey where do you live, iraq[/QUOTE]

No, St Albans, Hertfordshire. Unfortunately I will have to park on the street (its a quiet street) as if you want a drive/garage here you need to add another +200K to your house price!