Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Waiting to see what the S3 facelift owners think of the RS3 facelift. Now that I've got mine back after having a Merc C300 AMG Cabriolet for a week, I've been loving the car more. I did see a Sepang Blue S3 PFL today with black back and it looked great in the sun.

Talking of Blue, I'm loving this Voodoo Blue RS3 Saloon.

Reactions: Evotion
Waiting to see what the S3 facelift owners think of the RS3 facelift. Now that I've got mine back after having a Merc C300 AMG Cabriolet for a week, I've been loving the car more. I did see a Sepang Blue S3 PFL today with black back and it looked great in the sun.

Talking of Blue, I'm loving this Voodoo Blue RS3 Saloon.

I'm hoping to drive one really soon!

EDIT: Scrap that just spoke to my dealer and they sold all of theirs and can't tell me when they will have one, fantastic :sorry:

Last edited:
I don’t know who buys a car that has been preconfigured by the dealer and has a wierd random mix of features.

I guess maybe people who have enough money they don’t care or someone very impatient.

I had a test drive of the saloon at Coulsdon today.

First of all even though it didn't have a sports exhaust it sounded great. I can only imagine how it would sound with one! After we got back and they moved the car and turned it on - just turning it on caused it to pop loudly.

Unfortunately I couldn't really see how much quicker it was as there was too much london traffic so I didn't get to experience that.

What I did appreciate it is that it had the RS sports suspension (no mag ride) which means that I had no idea if that would be acceptable without having to change the ride firmness. In fact it was fine - it really felt like between comfort and dynamic... you could feel some bumps in the road that you wouldn't in comfort on mag ride but it was far more comfortable than dynamic mode on my current S3 Saloon.

I wouldn't say I was wowed by driving it - but I would say thats down to me having a fully loaded S3 thats new. But I still want the RS3 that I ordered. It is a shame none of these dealer cars have the driver assist features as if they did I might buy one.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Very excited to see pictures of UK cars coming through now, I wonder if I will pass one on the road before mine is built in November. Normally see a PFL once every month or two.

Very excited to see pictures of UK cars coming through now, I wonder if I will pass one on the road before mine is built in November. Normally see a PFL once every month or two.

Can you not make it down to Camberley? They might still have their demonstrator.

I had a test drive of the saloon at Coulsdon today.

First of all even though it didn't have a sports exhaust it sounded great. I can only imagine how it would sound with one! After we got back and they moved the car and turned it on - just turning it on caused it to pop loudly.

Unfortunately I couldn't really see how much quicker it was as there was too much london traffic so I didn't get to experience that.

What I did appreciate it is that it had the RS sports suspension (no mag ride) which means that I had no idea if that would be acceptable without having to change the ride firmness. In fact it was fine - it really felt like between comfort and dynamic... you could feel some bumps in the road that you wouldn't in comfort on mag ride but it was far more comfortable than dynamic mode on my current S3 Saloon.

I wouldn't say I was wowed by driving it - but I would say thats down to me having a fully loaded S3 thats new. But I still want the RS3 that I ordered. It is a shame none of these dealer cars have the driver assist features as if they did I might buy one.

So would you say the standard suspension is good enough and mag ride isn't needed?

So would you say the standard suspension is good enough and mag ride isn't needed?

Based on my drive then yes. Standard is fine. Driving through london and then onto some country side roads it was fine. I have no desire to add it to my car.

But I'd always suggest you try it for yourself and see. I hope I can get into another RS3 myself before mine starts the build.

Today is going so ssslllllooooowwwwwww.
Collecting FL at 17:00 :yahoo:

Reactions: Terminator x, zaka7 and D0C
Unfortunately for me it's booked into Staffordshire car care for 3 days of detailing. First thing in the morning :tired:

Can you not make it down to Camberley? They might still have their demonstrator.

130 miles from me, too far to waste someone's time and I don't want to be disappointed with a benefits spec car.

Reactions: Evotion
Hi all , picked my new RS3 last night from Dundee Audi.
Spec includes
Catalunya Red
Matrix headlights,
B&o,
Privacy glass,
Folding mirrors,
Tps monitoring,
SS seats,
Drove home about 30 miles and I have to say very impressed with the matrix headlamps way better then the standard Leds on my old s3.
The engine/exhaust sound on start up was okay two or three pops and bangs, and then quietened down after a few seconds, on the road it is quite subdued until you give a bit of
Welly, that suits me fine don't like it to be too noisy.
Just back from a long drive this afternoon 250 miles on some good twisty fast roads, very happy with the way it handled and soaked up the bumps on the standard suspension, so I think I made the right choice to leave off Mag ride.
The brakes are very good with good feel and great stopping power.
The engine is just sublime it pulls hard from low revs and just keeps going, didn't rev it too high yet, will wait till it gets more miles on it, oh and it sounds fantastic.
The gearbox is a bit slow to change down in auto, okay for slower driving, using the manual change is far better for quicker driving.
The virtual cockpit gives you all the info that is needed, looks superb and easy to read.
First time with SS seats, feel good but will need longer in them before I can say if they are worth paying extra for.
So far so good.

Reactions: Evotion, Radman, AudiNutta and 2 others
Spec includes
Catalunya Red
Matrix headlights,
B&o,
Privacy glass,
Folding mirrors,
Tps monitoring,
SS seats,
Drove home about 30 miles and I have to say very impressed with the matrix headlamps way better then the standard Leds on my old s3.
The engine/exhaust sound on start up was okay two or three pops and bangs, and then quietened down after a few seconds, on the road it is quite subdued until you give a bit of
Just back from a long drive this afternoon 250 miles on some good twisty fast roads, very happy with the way it handled and soaked up the bumps on the standard suspension, so I think I made the right choice to leave off Mag ride.
The engine is just sublime it pulls hard from low revs and just keeps going, didn't rev it too high yet, will wait till it gets more miles on it, oh and it sounds fantastic.
The gearbox is a bit slow to change down in auto, okay for slower driving, using the manual change is far better for quicker driving.
The virtual cockpit gives you all the info that is needed, looks superb and easy to read.
First time with SS seats, feel good but will need longer in them before I can say if they are worth paying extra for.
So far so good.
Hopefully see you around sometime around the kingsway . Look out for a Sepang. Enjoy the motor mate, beautiful machines.

Congrats on the new car. Out of interest what does the handbook say about running in ?

Hopefully see you around sometime around the kingsway . Look out for a Sepang. Enjoy the motor mate, beautiful machines.
Seen a PFL Sepang this week. Looks incredible. I'd definitely stick with yours, Radman.

Reactions: Radman and Dougier
@Dougier in dynamic the gearbox is perfect for spirited driving in auto, changes at just the right time imho. Non dynamic yes changes happen a bit slower although as you'd expect as probably not hooning around.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman and Dougier
Seen a PFL Sepang this week. Looks incredible. I'd definitely stick with yours, Radman.

Hi I don't live in Dundee area, between Perth and Edinburgh but will look out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman
The handbook for my S3 has all the RS3 stuff in it - I’m assuming its because it’s the 2018 year build they put it in as its the manual.

Spec includes
Catalunya Red
Matrix headlights,
B&o,
Privacy glass,
Folding mirrors,
Tps monitoring,
SS seats,
So far so good.
Pics please

You'll note from their advert its not actually available until the 1st of December with a predicted mileage of 4,500. I have seen this before with manufacturers, whereby they register them but dictate to the dealerships how long they have to keep it on their books for.

It's hardly poverty spec, I wouldn't mind 50% of the cash for the options fitted..........

You'll note from their advert its not actually available until the 1st of December with a predicted mileage of 4,500. I have seen this before with manufacturers, whereby they register them but dictate to the dealerships how long they have to keep it on their books for.

It's hardly poverty spec, I wouldn't mind 50% of the cash for the options fitted..........

Yes that's how Monmotors (the Franchise) advertise them with every demo, but its quite common nationwide. It's because it's been listed as a demonstrator and is likely a company car to the sales manager or alike, so they have to get a minimum amount of use out of it for it to be viable.

It is low spec, it's one of the basic Audi specced ones. With advanced key, extended leather and the 174mph limiter.. strange!

Standard seats, standard wheels, Ally pack :(

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
According to YourAudi my car has arrived in the UK :)

Reactions: UV-RS3 and AudiNutta
Good for you :)

Mines been waiting for a boat for over a week now :(
Youraudi was about a week behind on telling me it was on boat. Dealer told me already 1 week before it showed!

Mine has a revised build date of 4th December, better than previous 1st March.

Mine has a revised build date of 4th December, better than previous 1st March.

That's fantastic, did you make a fuss or did it just move? Glad it's sorted itself out.

With Christmas shutdowns I wouldn't have thought it would be here until the first 2 weeks of January? As above, will you wait until March?

There's a new Leon Cupra R now. I was expecting it to rival the Rs3 but its only 10hp more than the normal Cupra in Manual, exactly the same with DSG?

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/new-seat-leon-cupra-r-here
Nice! That is most likely a better buy than the RS3 in terms of residuals, especially as it will be cheaper and is a limited run.
Still, if we all thought that way, we would all buy the same car,

Will make Ford RS and Golf R fans think twice though.

Leon Cupra R would be paired with the S3.

Same way the initial LCR was when it was released in 210/225hp variants, S3 was the same 210/225.

In this case, it has the same engine as the S3's too, 300ps or 310ps.

Still strange to me as the new Cupra is Cupra 300 with 296HP anyway, so for DSG users its the same power with the added bits on top. No idea why they only boosted 10HP for manual cars. I wonder how this exhaust is like.

Not sure if Focus RS or Golf R users would want this as its still FWD. They do make 4WD Cupra's too but they limited it to the estate versions.

Not sure if Focus RS or Golf R users would want this as its still FWD. They do make 4WD Cupra's too but they limited it to the estate versions.
Ah, I do prefer AWD.
Didn't realise the Ford and Golf were not FWD and I've driven them both. Ha. Shows how much attention I gave to it though I was hardly pushing them. Somehow I just assumed they were Front wheel driven and it never came up. :)

The only car I have driven this year where it was clear what wheels were being driven was in the new V8 Mustang, in the wet, ****** lethal car. All over the place and unintentionally-ish drifted round a roundabout.
(I test drive cars a lot...)