Coolant capacity

Seanbarrett123

Reaction score
Can someone help please. I've been searching high and low and cannot find out what the coolant capacity is for my car.

I have an audi a3 2.0L fsi 2003

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

VW-Coolant-Bottle-Reservoir-1KO-121-407-A-OEM-Brand-New-Expansion-Tank-UK-Stock-161082883174.jpg

coolant need to be between 2 lines where is wrote "min". is on far-left side of engine bay (if you standing in front of car).

According to autodata total capacity of the cooling system is 8 litres but as marek said just fill between the two lines.

Hard to say, because while the official capacity might be 8L as mentioned above, if you are changing the coolant (drain and refill) you will never get all that out. I just did mine last week on my A4, thing the "official" capacity is in the region of 9L, but the car only took 6L....

Yours would probably be the same. Get 2x 5L bottles of ready mixed from EuroCarParts for £17.27 for both bottles when using discount code MID36 and you'll have plenty left over, but its cheap as hell. Then as above, fill and bleed the system until you are between the min & max marks on the expansion tank.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...creenwash/red-antifreeze/?523770511&0&cc5_866

Hard to say, because while the official capacity might be 8L as mentioned above, if you are changing the coolant (drain and refill) you will never get all that out. I just did mine last week on my A4, thing the "official" capacity is in the region of 9L, but the car only took 6L....

Yours would probably be the same. Get 2x 5L bottles of ready mixed from EuroCarParts for £17.27 for both bottles when using discount code MID36 and you'll have plenty left over, but its cheap as hell. Then as above, fill and bleed the system until you are between the min & max marks on the expansion tank.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...creenwash/red-antifreeze/?523770511&0&cc5_866
that because a bit of will still remain in engine as well in heater, that why normally you flush it with magic liquids and then with distilled water, then drain again and fill with proper fluid