New member, new car

ug_mo

Reaction score
Hi.

New member. Recently took delivery for new car, A3 S Line Sportback Black Edition in Nano grey.

Image1
Image1 4

Few modz planned;

- rear number plate surround
- debadge
- roof rails
- wind deflectors

more photos to follow

Reactions: dp_motley, Shortyian, haywoon and 19 others
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely car. The A3 looks nice in nano. Enjoy the car and the forum. We all friendly in here. :)

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
Image1 8
Image1 5

Debadged and rear number plate surround added.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line, Djs3saloon and 4 others
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely car. The A3 looks nice in nano. Enjoy the car and the forum. We all friendly in here. :)

Thanks

Reactions: Sandra
You'll struggle to fit Oem roof rails mate as the interior roof lining needs removed before drilling the roof,, anyway nice looking car and welcome lol

Reactions: glospete, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
You'll struggle to fit Oem roof rails mate as the interior roof lining needs removed before drilling the roof,, anyway nice looking car and welcome lol

It doesn't sound like an easy task, or one that I would be trying myself mate :sweatsmile: the prices the main dealer wants for the rails are insane. £250+ each plus fitting when it would of cost £250 in total to add them to my vehicle when I was building it. Had I of known it was gonna be such a pain in the **** I would of ordered them there and then :unamused:

Not sure what colour to go for, chrome or black...

Reactions: Jassyo06
It doesn't sound like an easy task, or one that I would be trying myself mate :sweatsmile: the prices the main dealer wants for the rails are insane. £250+ each plus fitting when it would of cost £250 in total to add them to my vehicle when I was building it. Had I of known it was gonna be such a pain in the **** I would of ordered them there and then :unamused:

That's not insane, that's reasonable all considering. I'd dread to think of the cost of fitting though.

Black roof rails would suit your cars exterior better as it looks like a Black edition? Personally l love my black roof rails on my car wouldn't buy a sportback without them
DSC 0693

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbob76, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 4 others
Love the colour, suits the A3.
I'll be doing the roof rail retrofit too when I can find some black ones. Seen a few chrome but no black in the last three months of looking!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Looks lovely, haven't seen a Nano A3 BE before.

Personally i think the shape of the 8V has a unique look, and suits both with and without rails.

Mine however is without rails.. ;)

img_3728-jpg.114721

img_3730-jpg.114723

Reactions: dp_motley, Audi Bairn, Reggieboy71 and 4 others

Personally i think the shape of the 8V has a unique look, and suits both with and without rails.

img_3728-jpg.114721

img_3730-jpg.114723
floret black edition is sooooo classy, very nice

Reactions: Reggieboy71, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person

img_3728-jpg.114721

img_3730-jpg.114723

Yeah much cleaner without the A4 Avant rails :laughing:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line, Tom.H and 1 other person
do love that grey, wanted a RS3 in that colour. Black roof rails would really suit it.

Reactions: TDI-line and Jassyo06

img_3728-jpg.114721

img_3730-jpg.114723
Floret Slinky Sexy Silver..... Lol

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
Lovely car, I have an S Line on order in Nano so im likely to biased.

I've only seen an A1 in Nano and that was on the dealers compound still in factory wrapping when I ordered so I took a bit of a risk but your pictures confirm ive made a good choice. Feel free to post many more pictures. There's a few used for sale but for reasons unknown the website seems to make all Audi greys look very similar.

Im not a lover of roof rails, remind me too much of old yank station wagons but thats just my view, reading above I seem to be in the minority so Ill say no more.

As a matter of interest how long did it take to get your car from ordering, 5 months seems to be the average and mine will be no quicker.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and TDI-line
Black roof rails would suit your cars exterior better as it looks like a Black edition? Personally l love my black roof rails on my car wouldn't buy a sportback without them View attachment 127911

Yeah mine is a black edition mate. I was leaning towards chrome but everyone Ive asked has suggested black. Decisions decisions

img_3728-jpg.114721

img_3730-jpg.114723

Very nice mate

Reactions: TDI-line
Lovely car, I have an S Line on order in Nano so im likely to biased.

I've only seen an A1 in Nano and that was on the dealers compound still in factory wrapping when I ordered so I took a bit of a risk but your pictures confirm ive made a good choice. Feel free to post many more pictures. There's a few used for sale but for reasons unknown the website seems to make all Audi greys look very similar.

Im not a lover of roof rails, remind me too much of old yank station wagons but thats just my view, reading above I seem to be in the minority so Ill say no more.

As a matter of interest how long did it take to get your car from ordering, 5 months seems to be the average and mine will be no quicker.

That sounds about right, I waited 4 and abit months

Beautiful car - really love the nano. Re roof rails, wouldn't chrome look odd with black edition? I think the black roof rails add to the stealth look.

Does anyone know if the S3 grills would fit in the A3 front bumper?
Beautiful car - really love the nano. Re roof rails, wouldn't chrome look odd with black edition? I think the black roof rails add to the stealth look.

Not sure, I haven't seen a nano black edition with chrome roof rails before. That was one of the reasons I was leaning towards chrome over black to be fair, though everyone I have spoken to has said black.

The colour is amazing! It looks different in different lights, so lighter in direct sunlight and darker when it is overcast for example. Lovely matt sort of look to it. Photos I have took dont really do it justice, planning to get some more up once we get some sun.

:sign welcome:
Nice car, Nano looking great.
Don't envy you with on-street parking with construction traffic and dust all around you :crying:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, Reggieboy71 and 3 others
Love it mate, BE suits the colour down to a t !
Cheers. Going to add the black roof rails shortly so will post a few more once done.

Tarted up the key the other day with an official Audi key cover/key ring

Image1 5
Image2

Reactions: AllStar
Got round to getting black roof rails fitted the other week.

Resize
Resize2

Reactions: dp_motley, S32B, haywoon and 6 others
Where did you get them from and how much did they cost if you don’t mind me asking?

Nice car, better with the rails :)

Not seen this colour before until earlier when I saw an S3 sportback with it, looked really nice and shiny :)

Pic2

Took a few snaps of the whip today

Pic1

Reactions: dp_motley, MattSedg, TYb and 2 others