New member, new car

Harrypotter

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Picked up my 2.0 tdi sport sportback on Monday in brilliant red, standard suspension, comfort pack and b&o sound.

Taken me 500 miles to find a comfy seating position, but I think this is more to do with coming from a galaxy for 4 years (before this had a 2007 a3 sportback with bose and a 167 diesel).

Loving the car now I'm comfy, excellent but firm ride, great economy even running in (55 @ 70 on the motorway) , and the sound system is superb - I don't find it particularly loud (the galaxy had premium sound which definitely gave a greater spl) but the clarity and dynamic range, sound stage and separation of instruments are exceptional.

Reactions: richinsoton, Pulp84, SW14NY'S and 3 others
Hi guys,

Picked up my 2.0 tdi sport sportback on Monday in brilliant red, standard suspension, comfort pack and b&o sound.

Taken me 500 miles to find a comfy seating position, but I think this is more to do with coming from a galaxy for 4 years (before this had a 2007 a3 sportback with bose and a 167 diesel).

Loving the car now I'm comfy, excellent but firm ride, great economy even running in (55 @ 70 on the motorway) , and the sound system is superb - I don't find it particularly loud (the galaxy had premium sound which definitely gave a greater spl) but the clarity and dynamic range, sound stage and separation of instruments are exceptional.
Nice spec..
Need to see pics.......lol:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68
Good choice of colour.
Glad you like the standard suspension. I agree that it's on the side of being firm. Lots on here think is soft in the extreme !!!
Did you get the lumbar support? Makes a big difference to the comfort.

Congratulations on the new car purchase and welcome to the forum ;o)

Reactions: pburv
Sketch 1458493531842
 20160320 165320

Might look a bit dirty but I commute 25k a year so it's already past 600 miles.

I've always thought s line suspending to be poor compared to what competitors offer (but rs6 audience seemed very good - go figure), but I like audis, so went with standard, which I I find very well damped.

I didn't need the lumbar support (always found audi seats to be excellent), and it's a company car so wanted to keep P11d values under control :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Byrne, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Congrats

Regards the seat, wait until you have to take it to Audi for something, they have a habit of changing the seating position to suit the person that has driven/worked on the car. Well this happens to me every time and it drives me mad, it takes me a few days to get the seat back to how I like it again

I had a Ford mate, I know all about bad customer service :wtf:

sod the car, is your name really Harry Potter ?...

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
No, but it's my forum name on every forum I use, been that way for well over a decade lol

.... plus the real Harry Potter flies an Anglia !

Reactions: richinsoton and pburv
View attachment 84812 View attachment 84809

Might look a bit dirty but I commute 25k a year so it's already past 600 miles.

I've always thought s line suspending to be poor compared to what competitors offer (but rs6 audience seemed very good - go figure), but I like audis, so went with standard, which I I find very well damped.

I didn't need the lumbar support (always found audi seats to be excellent), and it's a company car so wanted to keep P11d values under control :)
Looks like someone has been taking pot shots with a shotgun on your front grill...:whistle2:
Nice car mate....:friends: