steering wheel controls.

Ewan kettles

Reaction score
Hi all, im about to upgrade my single din radio with a double din inc reversing camera and thought if it was possible id look into installing a steering wheel with controls on it as mine doesn't have any. is the correct wire harness for this installed already and would it just plug and play or would i need to gather up the whole kit and wire it in etc????

Any help or advice here is much appreciated.

depend of your controller version, if you got vcds you can check it,if you got it ending on F or K should fit, otherwise wouldn't, so you will need controller, steering wheel, cables to run to the radio and cruise control (if you doing both at same time), the radio VCDS for coding.

thanks for the replies. since im newbie i need to know the basic here what is a VCDS and how do i check it?

Vcds is the cable that is being used to diagnose faults. If you're new to Audi and plan on keeping your car it wouldn't be a bad investment. But there are lots of users on here that will help you out just check out the vcds user map at the top of page.

thanks very much, there a guy in Perth who has just checked over my car using this when i had a heat issue. so ill take it round to him again so he can inform me as to which controller i have fitted. i already have cruise control and just wish to have the steering wheel functions.

Is there anywhere that can give some sort of tutorial on how to use the VCDS correctly, the guy i used to check my car said exactly the same thing you can really f**k the car up not knowing. i may look into getting this in the near future but only if i can figure out how to use it.