Reversing lights.

Jxly

Reaction score
Pretty basic question but not sure about basic answer. Reversing lights not working. I've changed the bulbs but no joy. I think they stopped working at the same time as a brake light blew but I can't be certain obviously. I work nights and the brake light fault came up the day that I noticed my reversing lights didn't work. Brake bulb replaced and works fine. Fuses checked, all ok. What's the next step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jxly and Tj 0785
Next point of call would be the reversing light switch on the gearbox.I've just done a search on here.

You should have a try,it's amazing what answers you can find mate,comes up with a few people having the wires breaking close to where they meet the plug for the reversing switch...

Just looked, completely forgot about the search feature. Will try to remember to search every time from now on before creating a new topic.

Promising results - most are saying it's likely the reverse switch on the gearbox and this would make sense since my lights went out a few days after getting a new flywheel and clutch in. Probably snagged the clip or something. Abs & tcs light on too because the mechanic tore an abs plug off with his boiler suit

I guess it's also worth nothing that with tthat part definitely get OEM part.

I've had some cheaper alternatives and they just don't last more than couple weeks + add some slack in shifting.