Which top up oil A3 1.8 tfsi

Vicko

Reaction score
Can any one tell me which engine oil i need for topping up my 2010 A3 1.8 tfsi
I know it will say in the hand book but I am at work now and ideally wanted to get some on the way home, halfords?
Google is mixed on what I need :blink:

You don't know what is in there, best get it changed then you know for future top ups

Reactions: Vicko
Guess they don't call 'em Halfrauds for nothing , lol .

Asda 504.00 is £14 for 2L , although I was lucky recently to get 5L for an amazing £13 on roll back .

Guess they don't call 'em Halfrauds for nothing , lol .

Asda 504.00 is £14 for 2L , although I was lucky recently to get 5L for an amazing £13 on roll back .

What make oil was this, does it matter if it's not big name branded as long as it's the right spec?
Halfords own "audi spec" 5w30 504. Oil £17.99 for 2L

A spec is a spec whether approved or non approved " meets or exceeds the requirements of..."

The Asda oil is made by Tetrosyl and might make Halfrauds own too .

That's still rich for just 2L .

5L here .

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quantum-Longlife-5W-30-Fully-Synthetic-Engine-Oil-5-Litre-Bottle-/222442530345?hash=item33ca9ba629:g:eBMAAOSwdGFYzM1Y&_trkparms=pageci%3Af538fb5c-273d-11e7-85b1-74dbd180b53e%7Cparentrq%3A94fd2d1915b0ab14d30e970effffa760%7Ciid%3A2

I need some on the way home, will look at halfords 504. Spec cheers :)

5w30 spec 504 should be all right if it was still used the one written in handbook, make don't matter too much, oil is oil, however is better to get something trusted like: castrol, mobil1, gulf, pentamol, elf, shell, total, quantum

Firstly, it's Castrol EDGE professional, specifically Castrol EDGE Professional LongLife III 5W-30. See https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-oil.html

Don't know anything about VAG group, but Audi actually has an official partnership with Castrol for developing oil and additives. I'm sure other oils will work just as fine but why penny pinch on the most important thing you can give to your car?

Secondly, it's better that you know what oil is in the car already. Otherwise just drain the existing oil and refill if possible.

Good luck.

Firstly, it's Castrol EDGE professional, specifically Castrol EDGE Professional LongLife III 5W-30. See https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-oil.html

Don't know anything about VAG group, but Audi actually has an official partnership with Castrol for developing oil and additives. I'm sure other oils will work just as fine but why penny pinch on the most important thing you can give to your car?

Secondly, it's better that you know what oil is in the car already. Otherwise just drain the existing oil and refill if possible.

Good luck.

After my last service at Audi I had a litre of shell oil in the boot for topping up so that partnership might have ended? Different spec to the last service aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castrol , Shell , Quantum and Genuine all used or have been used for VAG servicing .

As said make doesn't matters until is verified, known, used by you or someone that you can trust, my dad using in his a6 shell from 6 years, still run perfectly, no bangs or knocks or piston making holes in block so can tell you that is trustable as make, but that reasoning is like on fuel cap you got shell sticker so you will put fuel only from shell fuel station? Don't wanna be negative but is a bit silly.

Drop the oil mate, put an oil of your choice in, as long, as its meets the spec 504/507 VAG 5W/30
Job done.

£22 for 1L? TPS charges that for 5L of quantum 5W30

Reactions: Marek196c
If you want Quantum Longlife III oil then use the eBay link that Gazwould has provided, I don't know how they do it at that price (economies of scale I guess or it's a loss-leader) as my local TPS couldn't come close for 5L bottles, even in bulk quantities.
I've used that company several times now and they're totally reliable.
For less than £20 delivered it's a bargain.