Oil question - not usual one

Kaine19

Stage 2+ S3 8P now gone. Hello 2016 RS3 :)
Reaction score
I can get hold of oil for free. Its 5w40 which nissan use. Unsure of the make but its freeeee haha. Is this ok in an S3?

Happy days

Reactions: fernando young
5W40 is what you want for your S3, especially when remapped but there are different types of oils (thinner/thicker) within each viscosity so you want to make sure that it is the correct type you're using (needs to be 504.00/507.00 spec). Can you find out more specifics about the Nissan oil? Ester oils are the best out there of which a couple of examples are Millers Nanodrive CFS and Motul 300V.

504/507. Right ill have a check to see what it is when i get it. If it not right ill just give it my mate in the garage and let him use it

Reactions: Marek196c
It'll most likely be fine but it's always worth double checking just in case, you can never be too careful with the blood for your engine haha.

Haha this is true. Even more so when tuned

See what specs it has , but 504.00 507.00 is a hard specification to beat considering it's both a LongLife oil and protects narrow PD camshaft lobes .

As above racing ester marketed oil is the daddy .

My mate at nissan is unsure of the grade and to be honest, although its going to be free, i dont want to skimp on oil. So am looking at nanodrive oil as above.

cheapest place to buy?

Cheaper because it's the older version and not NT+

s-l300.jpg

But obviously still excellent .

Good spot, the NT+ is going for £58 for 5 litres.

Cheers pal, i was looking at their site also. Must of missed the 15% off

So am probably looking at getting stage2+ either end of may or end of june... i always tend to do oil change before this... if i did it this week coming will that be fine... or wait till closer to map day to be more fresh?

As long as you aren't going to drive 7,000 miles in the next month or two, then it'll be perfectly fine to change the oil now bud.

Cool. Yeah dont think ill be doing that much