Our non Audi race car (instead of my B7)

Jasesapphy

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just thought I would take a break about posting about the Audi and asking questions/discussions on threads

Thought I would introduce you to the car me and a friend have built from scratch

It's a MGZR fitted with the engine from our old track car

This is Goony, she made 395bhp and 368ft on the rollers this week after a few weeks of issues and she is on track on Monday for her first track day

The engine from our old Maestro race car that we have tweaked higher and fitted some new manifolds and upgraded bits

She has remote suspension, gripped diff, AP brakes, Pedal Box, full WRC spec cage, stack instruments, poly windows and fibre glass bonnet and boot

She weighs under 1000kg and power to weight is 425bhp per tonne

Blood sweat and tears in bulding her and 10 weekends to weld in the cage

Let me know what you think

MGZR1

MGZR2

MGZR6

MGZR5

Reactions: THQuattro, Dani_B19 and DieselJake
looks like a top tool chap, you must be very happy with it .....but you know the saying , a car is only as good as the driver .
Good luck with it chap, make sure you drive it to its full potential and yours...

looks like a top tool chap, you must be very happy with it .....but you know the saying , a car is only as good as the driver .
Good luck with it chap, make sure you drive it to its full potential and yours...

Done 30-40 trackdays over the years on bikes and in our old track car, i am no Lewis Hamilton but not too bad.
The old maestro was a good machine with 320bhp, this has a better chasis, stiffer body, better suspension and brakes so we shall see monday

I like it a lot. Using an old MG ZR for your track weapon is not what most people expect.
I'll look out for you during my tour of the tracks, Silverstone next Friday for moi.

Reactions: Jasesapphy
IMG 2097
They didn't expect this when it had 320bhp and 850kg. Upset alit of exotic stuff
It had 1.3 Vanden Plas on the back
People used to laugh when we turned up with it on the back of a beige volvo.
One Subrau owner stood pointing and taking the ****.
At Combe we passed him out the pits on lap 1 and again on lap 10

Reactions: Baka and SootySport
I like your way of thinking Jase. People used to laugh at my Skoda Fabia VRS (derv motor) at track days, was tuned quite a bit, it was the torque that got 'em, 410Ft.lbs

Reactions: Sandra
mint mate, love stuff like this, my mate has built a suzuki ignis turbo for the track, was a 1.5 vvti, now its a 1.6 none vvti turbo, 190ish bhp 850kg cant imagine how mad the same weight with 320bhp felt to drive lol

This thread makes me want to strip my beautiful Audi down haha, I had a Starlet GT Turbo which weighed next to nothing and was around 200bhp which took allot of people by surprise, daily driven too until the sump plug fell out and the engine melted it's self.

Tell you what though it was a coffin on wheels! Any small collision would have surely came through and took me with it which is the main difference between the Starlet and Audi.

IMG 4481
We had a first good outing, nailed some more expensive machinery in the MGZR
Few issues regards breathers and suspension set up but all in all pretty good.

IMG 4482

Reactions: Sandra
Car looks amazing. You have done a fantastic job. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Jasesapphy
The merc was taking some odd lines and the clip was shaking like a shxting dog round them corners.
Love the car mate.. and to be fair doesn't mattter what it looks like just so long as you're having fun and boy you looked like you were..

Enjoy buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The merc was taking some odd lines and the clip was shaking like a shxting dog round them corners.
Love the car mate.. and to be fair doesn't mattter what it looks like just so long as you're having fun and boy you looked like you were..

Enjoy buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DO you mean the silver car I passed first, ''twas a mondeo. Some remapped st170 with a live map and some bigger injectors

Ha! Small world, I remember "The goon" very well from my rovertech days! So glad to see the engine living on in the zr..

I do miss my T16 ZR, was nothing better than dicking exotic stuff on the roads, I built mine in early 2003 before every man and his dog did it. Used an ex rover turbo cup race car engine with JE pistons and GT28 turbo, used to love that car.

To be fair, it was a tear up with a B5 RS4 on the way back from donington park that really started my interest in audis.. I'll never forget the look on the guys face as he had to do nearly double the speed limit to pull away from me