Nail in my tyre

Raiden

Reaction score
Typical on a Sunday evening. Well vexed!!!

It's right on the edge. Should I repair or replace?

Tyre has only done about 5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's right on the edge you can't repair.

Had the same on mine recently. Tyre was like new but it happens.

As above...can only repair punctures in the middle 75%.

I had a nail in the sidewalk after just 600miles...! £140 lighter...wasn't expecting to have to worry about tyres with a new car so soon!

I'm getting 2 punctures repaired at the moment both have 3 screws in a line in them. Luckily they are the winter tyres so put the summers back on

Reactions: Raiden
I'm getting 2 punctures repaired at the moment both have 3 screws in a line in them. Luckily they are the winter tyres so put the summers back on

And there's the other advantage of having a set of winter wheels and tyres; but yes, that tyre's a scrapper; don't risk it; you've only got four of 'em making contact with the tarmac so best make sure each are as good as they can be and are on your side when needed.

The joys of motoring on current UK rubbish-strewn, pot-holed, speed-humped roads... :racer:

Write to your MP; I just have, and they 'must' answer: their reasoning can be quite entertaining but totally useless. :readit:

Seems the UK Government prefers (and have done since 1945) to spend monies building roads anywhere bar here in the UK: happy punctures, and all...

Apologies for the rant... :hi:

Reactions: Jake 61, Raiden, CHEZ and 1 other person
And there's the other advantage of having a set of winter wheels and tyres; but yes, that tyre's a scrapper; don't risk it; you've only got four of 'em making contact with the tarmac so best make sure each are as good as they can be and are on your side when needed.

The joys of motoring on current UK rubbish-strewn, pot-holed, speed-humped roads... :racer:

Write to your MP; I just have, and they 'must' answer: their reasoning can be quite entertaining but totally useless. :readit:

Seems the UK Government prefers (and have done since 1945) to spend monies building roads anywhere bar here in the UK: happy punctures, and all...

Apologies for the rant... :hi:

I broke 2 rear springs on my previous A3 after hitting potholes. Contacted the council and was told as they didn't know about it they can't be held responsible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I broke 2 rear springs on my previous A3 after hitting potholes. Contacted the council and was told as they didn't know about it they can't be held responsible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There have been a couple of compensation claim successes locally with pot-holes, Phil; not sure how they did it but it seems some have tried and won. Local Cannock, Staffordshire, roads are a disgrace - as my MP admits, in writing. She'll admit a lot more when she next knocks on my door asking for my vote, as will any local councillor.

Upload 2017 3 5 19 5 30

The joys of being an OAP, you've still got the time but no longer care about upsetting MPs and/or councillors.

Well sitting in the tyre shop now having a new pilot sport 4 fitted. Poor woman in there has had 4 all slashed!!!

Quote:- "The joys of being an OAP, you've still got the time but no longer care about upsetting MPs and/or councillors." ha ha, keeps our brains active, my local authority roads engineer, who begs me to always contact him direct instead of going public about issues, strangely has not replied to my first direct email contact to him over road flooding issues caused by them re-profiling a section of road just above our small estate!

I once caught half a Ford exhaust manifold coupling in a rear tyre when my car was only a couple of months old, that was easy to work out what was next as it was half in and half out that tyre!

Reactions: Raiden and 45bvtc
How about this then? Discovered at 3.30am leaving for work

Attachments

• IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 106
How about this then? Discovered at 3.30am leaving for work

Jeeze.

Many years ago when younger and in 'work' mode I recall walking across a factory car park with a potential purchaser (of that factory) who took time to stop and pick-up a self-tapping screw; "that's a £50 screw", he says. No way says a colleague! "Oh yes" says he.

I guess today that screw would be way more than £50 if replacing a 19-inch 255/30 front tyre on an Audi RS3

Reactions: Phil-1
45bvtc, I can relate to that way of thinking, I tend to dispose of any nails I find laying on the road car park areas I happen to find myself walking in! I was very surprised when my mate was building his latest house as his son, who was helping him, checked over the area he had been working on before leaving the site - every day, don't think that his father would have done that!

Reactions: Jake 61 and 45bvtc