bbs 18 x8.5j ET 32

FUSSER-3

Reaction score
Hi all, could anyone tell me if bbs wheels on an ET 32 and 8.5j x 18 work with an a4 b7 s line 2005 saloon quite comfortably or would there any need for any car modifications. And secondly what would be the best tyre spec ( if these wheels work) is it still 235/40/R18. I know ideally would probably be better on an 8j. Many thanks.

Reactions: FUSSER-3
just in case you missed the reply in the other thread.
they are BBS CH alloys and very nice too.
before you decide look at this link , you'll get a better idea of how you car will look with them , there are plenty of BBS CH & BBS LM pics to see.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...7+bbs+rims&qpvt=audi+a4+b7+bbs+rims&FORM=IGRE
Thanks Rob, sorry been a while posting back, but you've given me a lot to think about again just when I thought I had finally made a decision.
I was trying to at on one of your earlier threads by not just thinking about looks but for road handling and general car maintenance suh as suspension and performance quality. So once again Rob even though you've given me more to think about i bow to your knowledge and hope I make the right decision. You wouldn't have any ideas regarding a good set of 18s that I might be able to consider. I think if I keep looking I'll probably be looking until doomsday ha ha. Thanks for your imput. Sorry I can't get any photos of my car up for you at moment will try sending some pics through my iphone.

best plan is to go with what you like , with the info you have so far you're in a much better position to get the right ones.
18" or 19" , the choice is yours , just go with the flow , that's what I normally do , its too easy to get overwhelmed by the vast array of alloys out there.
find a rim that you really like and then make sure its comes in the sizes you require but don't feel you need to stick with OEM, well unless you really want to use that route.

best plan is to go with what you like , with the info you have so far you're in a much better position to get the right ones.
18" or 19" , the choice is yours , just go with the flow , that's what I normally do , its too easy to get overwhelmed by the vast array of alloys out there.
find a rim that you really like and then make sure its comes in the sizes you require but don't feel you need to stick with OEM, well unless you really want to use that route.
Cheers Rob, I think you're right though about the size 18s are def way to go as on the 19s I def feel a loss of power on acceleration etc. Thanks again anyway. I am a bit pushed for time to sort them out now, so I think I'll just have to go for it now.

the problem with wheels on any car is that they have such a massive impact on the way a car looks , the right set will make a car stand out for all the right reasons, a rubbish set will , well you get my drift.
Its all about combining the right look for the car along with the rims you like aswell, if that means going bigger or smaller , or different colour and rim style then that's a personal choice at the end of the day , but it will all combine to give a car its personal touch , not just another run of the mill , well A4 for example.
just my input on the subject.
good luck chap.

Just a thought, before you leap into a set, take a little while and have a look through the " post pics of your B7 " at the top of the B7 page, you willsee a really excellent collection of great looking B7's with a equally good range of different alloys on there cars , may help you choose something too.
worth a look if nothing else chap.

the problem with wheels on any car is that they have such a massive impact on the way a car looks , the right set will make a car stand out for all the right reasons, a rubbish set will , well you get my drift.
Its all about combining the right look for the car along with the rims you like aswell, if that means going bigger or smaller , or different colour and rim style then that's a personal choice at the end of the day , but it will all combine to give a car its personal touch , not just another run of the mill , well A4 for example.
just my input on the subject.
good luck chap.
Just a thought, before you leap into a set, take a little while and have a look through the " post pics of your B7 " at the top of the B7 page, you willsee a really excellent collection of great looking B7's with a equally good range of different alloys on there cars , may help you choose something too.
Shall do Rob cheers.

Hi again Rob, I don't know if you can help me I've taken onboard regarding alloys etc, apparently it seems I have a much more immediate concern. When I bought my car present car A4 B7 saloon recently then alloys are rubbing against the front break calipers and have been told it will cost me around £1500 to change everything back to original spec. Is there anyway that these front calipers can be moved back in away from the front alloys. Just as a reminder the alloys are the rs4 replicas where one of them cracked a few weeks ago. Halfords autocentre in Birmingham UK said even if I wanted to go back to oems 19s 18s or whatever they would clear the calipers; so I would have to sort out the calipers before embarking on any more alloys. Any ti[s would be great many thanks.

Hi again Rob, I don't know if you can help me I've taken onboard regarding alloys etc, apparently it seems I have a much more immediate concern. When I bought my car present car A4 B7 saloon recently then alloys are rubbing against the front break calipers and have been told it will cost me around £1500 to change everything back to original spec. Is there anyway that these front calipers can be moved back in away from the front alloys. Just as a reminder the alloys are the rs4 replicas where one of them cracked a few weeks ago. Halfords autocentre in Birmingham UK said even if I wanted to go back to oems 19s 18s or whatever they would clear the calipers; so I would have to sort out the calipers before embarking on any more alloys. Any ti[s would be great many thanks.

Can you fit a 3mm spacer??
Thank you for replying to this thread GDCAUDIA4B7. I don't know if I can or not. I've got it booked into the garage for them to look at in the morning at 9am, hopefully this can be resolved. The previous owner put big rs4 breaks and canipers on the fronts originally. If I could have spacers fitted do you think 3mm would clear the canipers. Hopefully the answer is yes. They told me at Halfords autocentre that the caniper is just catching the back of the alloy when the wheel is rotating at the front. Any thoughts would be great. Many thanks for reply.

Sorry mate have you changed the wheels or brakes already?? Can you upload any pictures??

sorry for the delay in responding chap, what you need to do is work through things methodically .
Firstly are you sure they are RS4 brakes you have and not something very similar , not all are the same thing and disks will be bigger aswell .
can you take some pics of what you have and then we can advise from there.
Its very hard to offer effective solutions without seeing what we are dealing with , once we have ascertained what your car has fitted then we can help work out your best plan off attack .
As mentioned before , there are so many differing front brake configs for A4 B7 in oem format and aftermarket that its going to very hard to work without more indepth data.

rob

sorry for the delay in responding chap, what you need to do is work through things methodically .
Firstly are you sure they are RS4 brakes you have and not something very similar , not all are the same thing and disks will be bigger aswell .
can you take some pics of what you have and then we can advise from there.
Its very hard to offer effective solutions without seeing what we are dealing with , once we have ascertained what your car has fitted then we can help work out your best plan off attack .
As mentioned before , there are so many differing front brake configs for A4 B7 in oem format and aftermarket that its going to very hard to work without more indepth data.

rob
Yes I will Rob but I will have t post tomorrow I'll be ding on my iphone so will pic messge you the info tomorrow. Also I have got the car going to garage tomorrow morning to have it assessed also. Many thanks for response Rob. Phil

Also another factor to keep in mind is that adding a spacer to move the rim away from the caliper assembly may then cause the outside edge of the rim to rub on the inner wheel arch , depending on what offset your rims are and width aswell ,adding spacers is not allways the straight forward option, just something to remember.

PS, don't let a garage talk you into a fix unless you know what the format is , just because a garage says you need this and will have to buy that, it doesn't mean you do , we'll help you chap if we know what form is to start with.

Sorry mate have you changed the wheels or brakes already?? Can you upload any pictures??
No Mate I haven't changed the breaks or wheels I've been told that I might have to change the breaking system and calipers at the front of car at cost of £1500 but no way I'm going down that road. As you said in last post perhaps I can install 3mm spacers to solve issue of calipers rubbing against alloys. Will try and post some pics tomorrow using iphone. Hopefully you'll be able to see them. Cheers for reply. Phil

if you do have a BBK on the car there is still a very straight forward solution chap which wont involve changing them , it does however mean that if you want to change the rims , you will need to calculate the sizing more carefully inc offset / width / and tyre size and probably stick with designs that work best with BBK's to avoid any caliper contact issues.

as you were looking at a rim change this would seem like a natural progression chap.

Also another factor to keep in mind is that adding a spacer to move the rim away from the caliper assembly may then cause the outside edge of the rim to rub on the inner wheel arch , depending on what offset your rims are and width aswell ,adding spacers is not allways the straight forward option, just something to remember.

PS, don't let a garage talk you into a fix unless you know what the format is , just because a garage says you need this and will have to buy that, it doesn't mean you do , we'll help you chap if we know what form is to start with.
Cheers Rob, I'll keep it in mind. Hopefully the garage can help me. They're normally pretty good. Speak tomorrow. Cheers again.

Thank again Rob. I will find out as much as I can. Not sure if they are genuine rs4 breaks etc, only going by what Halfords autocentre comment today in Birmingham. What ever way dress it up the calopers are right up against alloy wheels rear. Many thanks

@FUSSER-3 any luck mate??
Sorry no luck thanks for asking. I've looked everywhere, ebay etc, but no good. Looking for audi originals or bbs 18s or 19s but nothing doing. If you have followed my conversation with Rob it has been a nightmare trying to out offsets etc. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

you'll get there in the end phil, just don't try to hard, go with the flow and you'll be rewarded...

you'll get there in the end phil, just don't try to hard, go with the flow and you'll be rewarded...
Yes I know Rob it's just a mine field. I just can't justify paying up to a grand for a set if I was totally sure I would probably go up to £700 for 18s or 19s. I have more than less made up my mind now to go with 18s. But no good on fleabay or gumtree at moment. Any pointers would be appreciated; not regarding fitments as you have already cleared me up on that now. Nice to hear from you again.

are you deffo going oem now then phil.
Yes mate, taking on board our conversations I feel the car would probably perform better (to say the least). Even on the et45 offset of the 19s the wheels don't feel like they are spinning freely. Also Rob, with the stance of the car it would probably look better as well. Cheers

how are you searching gumtree phil , I found that certain keyword searches didn't bring up many hits , have you tried "audi oem alloys" or " genuine audi wheels" they have worked well for me in the past, don't search just in cars either, do a search in "all " catergories phil.

Hi Rob, I've just come across genuine rs4 alloys with et43 8.5j x 19s I know they're not 18s but will they cover the calipers comfortably do you think. The only other issue apart from the alloy measurement is the tyre spec which are 255/either 35 or 40/r19 but I could change them to 235/35s. I don't know if these will work regarding car stance etc, I guess I'll have to keep looking for 18s. just out of interest is there any other good quality alloys that would look good I know ideally the rs4 audi on 18s would probably be the right choice. LOL

how are you searching gumtree phil , I found that certain keyword searches didn't bring up many hits , have you tried "audi oem alloys" or " genuine audi wheels" they have worked well for me in the past, don't search just in cars either, do a search in "all " catergories phil.
Cheers Rob I shall endeavour. Lol

they should go over no probs they an et35, i'm asking £600 ono, with falken 453 tyre's they cost £112 each, they each have around 5mm tread left on them

they should go over no probs they an et35, i'm asking £600 ono, with falken 453 tyre's they cost £112 each, they each have around 5mm tread left on them
Are they original audis Tony (sounds too cheap if they are), also have you seen the conversation I've had with Rob about the calipers as they're special edition. We both think 99.9% that they are the original set up. i was toying with the idea of just going to 18s originals but my heart always said 19s, however not so sure on the stance of the car with 19s. You can see my dilemma Tony, BUT if I do decide with 19s I'll give you a shout. Lol

they will be fine with your 320mm brake setup phil, not sure if tony's are oem or aftermarket, nice rims eitherway, well worth it with rubber on.

they will be fine with your 320mm brake setup phil, not sure if tony's are oem or aftermarket, nice rims eitherway, well worth it with rubber on.
Hi Rob I'm glad your in the conversation. I've seen Tony's rims they are beautiful I'm just a little concerned about the overall stance and performance (I'm sure you know what I mean) and I know what you'll say, "performance or looks". I just want you guys to know I really really appreciate your help over these last few weeks. My God Tony's rims are a spec with the et35s originals or otherwise. I'll have to give it a little bit more thought. Any more or future opinions are greatly appreciated. Cheers once again Rob. ("The steady hand in a stormy sea") Lol. How do i recommend you guys for these trophies anyway!!

fusser mate, they aint oem audi but probably the best reps you can get, (italian made) had them for over 2 years and trust me the car gets some abuse from me, used to own an accord type r before the audi so i gets driven hard 90% of the time and i swap from 18's to 19's twice a year for winter/summer lol, not much change to performance really mate. i would'nt of bought or fitted them if they were in any way less of a wheel than original audi wheel, there here for a while mate so dont worry if you want time or even if you dont want them it's fine, just thought you may want to think about it again as these are what you were after to start with and the size will more than likely suit or needs and come with tyre's:yes:

Hi Rob I'm glad your in the conversation. I've seen Tony's rims they are beautiful I'm just a little concerned about the overall stance and performance (I'm sure you know what I mean) and I know what you'll say, "performance or looks". I just want you guys to know I really really appreciate your help over these last few weeks. My God Tony's rims are a spec with the et35s originals or otherwise. I'll have to give it a little bit more thought. Any more or future opinions are greatly appreciated. Cheers once again Rob. ("The steady hand in a stormy sea") Lol. How do i recommend you guys for these trophies anyway!!
fusser mate, they aint oem audi but probably the best reps you can get, (italian made) had them for over 2 years and trust me the car gets some abuse from me, used to own an accord type r before the audi so i gets driven hard 90% of the time and i swap from 18's to 19's twice a year for winter/summer lol, not much change to performance really mate. i would'nt of bought or fitted them if they were in any way less of a wheel than original audi wheel, there here for a while mate so dont worry if you want time or even if you dont want them it's fine, just thought you may want to think about it again as these are what you were after to start with and the size will more than likely suit or needs and come with tyre's:yes:
Thanks for the info Tony I will have to give it some thought. In all honesty I'll probably look at 18s (original oems) as the car as it stands I feel is having performance issues anyway with the wheels I have on the car at mo due to calipers etc. Will keep you guys updated of any changes, and many thanks for giving me another option to consider. I've probably got too much info going round in my head as well but that's cars for you. Lol

Reactions: tony mc
Thanks for the info Tony I will have to give it some thought. In all honesty I'll probably look at 18s (original oems) as the car as it stands I feel is having performance issues anyway with the wheels I have on the car at mo due to calipers etc. Will keep you guys updated of any changes, and many thanks for giving me another option to consider. I've probably got too much info going round in my head as well but that's cars for you. Lol
Just out of interest guys where are you all at regarding auto and manual with the s-line. I know its totally unrelated I just thought id ask. You'll probably say its down to personal choice. If there is quite a bit of power under the hood (mine being v6 tdi) is there a feeling of more control when it's manual. Sorry for this comment in advance (as not related) to wheel thing. Being a manual driver normally it just feels a bit to easy. If no comments not a prob just thought id throw it out there. Once again guys Tony, Rob, Carl, and everyone thanks for all your advice regarding calipers offsets etc. I might even trade this one in and go back to manual. LOL

you know what phil,it's personal choice ......
I prefer a manual whatever size the engine to be honest, auto and semi auto's may be all in now and super smooth with 7 or even 8 speeds but i prefer being in control of the gearbox , allways have done and allways will, just a personal thing i supose.
a lot less to go wrong and easier to fix ....

Reactions: FUSSER-3 and GDCAUDIA4B7