Yellow battery voltage low

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
went to start it today to code new rnse but had yellow battery light flashing so jumped it off my other car but wouldn't start dash light wouldn't even come on so I'm guessing that's my battery screwed. But shouldn't the car still start with the jump leads connected still as it's just using the power off the other car or am I missing something?

Leave it hooked up for a while to get some charge into the dead battery then try again. Was the other car running, are you using decent leads? Thin ones don't always work too well.
If the battery's getting on a bit you'll probably need a new one, 4 years seems to be the going rate on my VAG cars. If it's still fairly new a decent run should hopefully sort you out. Smart chargers can be good at reviving 'dead' batteries.

I think it's 2-3 year old the car been stood for stew months jumped it yesterday and left it ticking over for abit and dead again this morning. Can't take it for a run as the car is sorn. The battery jumping it should have enough power as it's on a 2.3 v5. Probably going to have to buy a new battery

Battery will be dead if it's stood for a few months and wasn't disconnected from the car. One or more cells is probably shorted internally. The best thing to do if leaving the car for several months is disconnect the battery completely and make sure it's fully charged.

quite often if you use a dead battery the request for charge is so high it ruins the battery after jump start or similar, better off a slow charge if totally dead until the battery is ready.

What battery are people using I'm wondering if 63ah and 600 cca is enough power?