Finaly found an Insrument Cluster replacement

norad97

Reaction score
Hi,
After a lot of searching found a replacement Cluster for my car,
A4 1.8t Sport 1997.
I found some on Ebay but had the wrong part numbers, even found a company that sells Audi surplus parts and
they had new clusters for sale, but none with my part number, shame.
Anyway fitted the cluster today and very pleased my DIS is finally working again after trying to fix it many times before, and before you tell me how to fix it,, its not the soldered type, or I would have done it already.

So I believe the cluster is out of a V6, its same part number, but do I need to check the code in the cluster to make sure its set for 1.8T ??? if so what is the code I need to enter?
Also did output test using old Vag-Com that I have, all works, but --- the chime is not working ??
just my luck, am I right you cannot turn it off? then it must be broken.
I have a spare dash now, so can fix if needed by soldering, but I want ask if it can be turned off.

I am asking for the correct instrument cluster coding for,
A4 1.8T Sport 1997 fitted with screen wash level sensor.
I was trying to work it out from information on Vag-Com under A4 B5.

Thanks

Hi,
I guess what should have done is read the code from my cluster, then add it to the replacement cluster, but I forgot!!
as it came from a V6 I can tell the RPM is wrong.
So I can either put back my old cluster, read the code and then add it to the replacement dash, sorry I have not read the code yet, but can do it tonight.

Put the original cluster in and read the code. Then go from there. Does the car start with the new cluster in place ? .

Hi, just read the code from the replaement cluster 00462
do if im reading it right it should be
04442 or 04444 its the last nunber im not sure of. I have washer fluid sensor and thats all in the first group.
The car starts and runs fine went to work today, these early clusters can be swaped no problem. its a 1997 car.

Hi,
I decided to change to 04442, and it works fine, the RPM is now correct so all looks good.
Chime still not working, but I guess the speaker is bust, I could solder the one from my other cluster, but will do it over Christmas holiday.
thanks for your help.