New: Sepang Blue Audi S1 5-Door

MrLauriie

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post on this forum so be kind :)

Finally joining this club which I have been waiting to join, had my car ordered since August from the Peterborough Garage (Went to Solihull and they were going to overcharge me significantly.. kind of disappointing to be honest).

Decided going for the a few additional things over the standard spec.

When I had a test drive from the Peterborough garage, it had me coming back with shaking hands. My girlfriend came back with a shaking head haha!

I'm so excited for this car and I've literally went through as many videos as I can on YouTube just out of excitement. I'm looking into getting a dash cam as I drive around Birmingham (and all over the country really) and the driving skill is almost non-existent. I'm thinking of going with a Halfords one as they will install it. Anyone have any recommendations on this?

Is there any other things people would recommend?
I'm picking it up hopefully this weekend.

Cheers guys!

Hi,

Firstly welcome, the S1 is a cracking car and if your anything like me, you will smile everyime you drive it.

With regards to the dashcam, it really depends what you want. If you want an expensive one, then it will need to be professionally fitted. I went for a Transcend Drive Pro 200 and was easily able to feed the wire under the roof liner and down the rubber door seal. The only time the wire is visible is next to the drivers seat when the wire goes over the sill and under the front seat to the 12v socket.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome to the S1 feeling :)

Sounds like my test drive - I went out in one to see if I liked it and the drive and within 3 hours had traded in my DS3 and bought the S1 !

I've been looking at Dashcams - this one won the Auto Express 2016 award - https://www.nextbase.co.uk/news/nextbase-512g-wins-auto-express-best-buy-award/

If I was going to get one it would be this one. Enjoy the car and post pics when you pick her up

Hi,

Firstly welcome, the S1 is a cracking car and if your anything like me, you will smile everyime you drive it.

With regards to the dashcam, it really depends what you want. If you want an expensive one, then it will need to be professionally fitted. I went for a Transcend Drive Pro 200 and was easily able to feed the wire under the roof liner and down the rubber door seal. The only time the wire is visible is next to the drivers seat when the wire goes over the sill and under the front seat to the 12v socket.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers Chris,

Yeah I wanted it to be fit so that it would not take up a 12v socket, but I'll look at putting it through like you've suggested before paying the £30 installation fee Halfords charges.

Welcome to the S1 feeling :)

Sounds like my test drive - I went out in one to see if I liked it and the drive and within 3 hours had traded in my DS3 and bought the S1 !

I've been looking at Dashcams - this one won the Auto Express 2016 award - https://www.nextbase.co.uk/news/nextbase-512g-wins-auto-express-best-buy-award/

If I was going to get one it would be this one. Enjoy the car and post pics when you pick her up

Hi lfcrule,

Good to see it wasn't just me that was sold from the test drive! (I did do research before, but that test drive :hearteyes:)

I was recommended NextBase, and this is one that Halfords sells and installs too. Was looking at a lower series but will compare footage from the two!

Cheers again :grinning: Can't wait to see her, drive her, smell her, and overall treat her the way my girlfriend wishes she was treated :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: lfcrule1972
Cheers Chris,

Yeah I wanted it to be fit so that it would not take up a 12v socket, but I'll look at putting it through like you've suggested before paying the £30 installation fee Halfords charges.

If they are charging £30 to run the wire then definitely have a go yourself, if you balls it up then take it back and give them the money :)

If it's £30 to hard wire then I would let them do it. When choosing the camera I looked at a few reviews and then got the model numbers and spent a while on YouTube looking at footage.

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: MrLauriie