Debadged grill

Cookiemon5ter

Reaction score
Best place to get debadged grills from? Also will a rs/s line grill fit an se bumper?

Looking for the same thing here..apparently an aftermarket rs grille will fit an SE I m just about to buy one. Let me know if you have more details.

Ordered this last night thanks for finding it I must have missed it when trolling though eBay. Coming this week hopefully fit it before the weekend as I'm working all weekend if not early next week. I'll post some pics when done, hopefully get the back badges off too if I can borrow a heat gun from somewhere.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Ordered this last night thanks for finding it I must have missed it when trolling though eBay. Coming this week hopefully fit it before the weekend as I'm working all weekend if not early next week. I'll post some pics when done, hopefully get the back badges off too if I can borrow a heat gun from somewhere.
Hairdryer works for removing badges. Used one on mine.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Hairdryer works for removing badges. Used one on mine.

I was thinking of trying that first, but it's very windy where I live, so figured it wouldn't get hot enough. But thanks for the advice I will try it first

Reactions: feva
I was thinking of trying that first, but it's very windy where I live, so figured it wouldn't get hot enough. But thanks for the advice I will try it first
Move it across the badge (don't keep it still). Keep trying to move the badge with your fingers (don't burn yourself) once the glue behind is warm enough you'll feel the badge move.

Can't be any more windy than the North East mate

Reactions: Cookiemon5ter
Move it across the badge (don't keep it still). Keep trying to move the badge with your fingers (don't burn yourself) once the glue behind is warm enough you'll feel the badge move.

Can't be any more windy than the North East mate

Haha your probably right mate I'll give it a go when the rain stops, if it stops. Read somewhere to use dental floss to slide behind to get it off, good idea or just a fad? Thanks for the help aswell mate

I used dental floss for the sides, worked OK but fishing line is better.

Reactions: frankv27 and Cookiemon5ter
If you've any sticker residue left behind. I tried wd40 which was ok but petrol on a cloth takes it off mega easy. Dab it on leave it 2mins wipes off
Or white spirit if you've got any.

Nice one I'll give that a go I've got some petrol in a gerry somewhere
Buff up area once completely clean. Then coat with some protection on freshly cleaned paint, wax etc...

Reactions: Cookiemon5ter
Buff up area once completely clean. Then coat with some protection on freshly cleaned paint, wax etc...

All done thanks for the tips. Petrol and hair dryer worked a treat. T-cut, Polish and carnauba wax to finish.

Attachments

• DSC_0546.JPG
    DSC_0546.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0545.JPG
    DSC_0545.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0544.JPG
    DSC_0544.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 114
Reactions: xpoweruk and feva
Looking for the same thing here..apparently an aftermarket rs grille will fit an SE I m just about to buy one. Let me know if you have more details.
Grill arrived today, got the one xpoweruk suggested looks great in gloss black with honeycomb, will fit next week when the matching fog light surroundings arrive.

@feva

All done and fitted took me about 3 hrs as there was a bolt I didn't know about the fog light covers are a little I'll fitting but nothing some ingenuity and tie raps couldn't sort out until I can afford oem ones. What you think?
DSC 0551
DSC 0552
DSC 0553

Reactions: feva