Connors S3

Connorcupra

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got myself a TFSI again. I used to have a MK2 Leon Cupra R then sold it last year however i bought myself an 8P S3 last night and already been buying some things for it haha. Just another car for the collection. I currently have;

Mk4 Golf Gti - which i have recently K04 converted

Nissan Pulsar GTiR - which will be going soon to fund parts for the S3

Audi S3

And a couple of others waiting to be fixed and sold.

Anyway il keep this up to date on whats happening with the S3 as much as i can.

Reactions: Baka, Raiden, Scottyg and 2 others
Oh how i.miss my G-tir

Reactions: Connorcupra
Welcome to ASN...good luck with the car.

Reactions: Connorcupra and Sandra
Welcome back Connor. Nice cars :)

Reactions: Connorcupra, Scottyg and S3Alex
Thanks guys will keep this updated as much as i can.

So far ive had new tyres put on all round,
Swapped the old diaphragm DV as it had failed for the piston DV, new xenons, new indicator stalk, ive got a forge PCV kit to go on along with the red R8 coil packs, looking to pick up an induction kit this week for it, then see where i go from there. Will mosy likely be going either APR or R tech for mapping

For a car thats done 107,000 miles and is 10 years old it still made 265bhp when i took it for a blast with the computer in it

Reactions: S3Alex
My old one sold for 8 grand about 10 years ago.. she was really mint.
FB IMG 1475505602885

Reactions: DJ_26 and Raiden
My old one sold for 8 grand about 10 years ago.. she was really mint.View attachment 105496

Thats a beauty! Unfortunately mine is an ex track car and has been more or less completely stripped and isnt in as good condition as that. Still mechanically sound none the less

Reactions: Hookmonster
Do like the GTIRs a lot, they are a unique choice! I was just about to say in reply to @Hookmonster that these look awesome with a huge FMIC and a Laguna splitter and then the OP posts a pic with exactly that! I remember as a teenager, buying Banzai magazines and these used to be in them. They had an SR20DET engine in them, which is very tuneable. I think the Primera GTs had the same engine albeit non-turbo (SR20DE). Just sharing the Jap-Love here!

Reactions: Connorcupra and Hookmonster
Do like the GTIRs a lot, they are a unique choice! I was just about to say in reply to @Hookmonster that these look awesome with a huge FMIC and a Laguna splitter and then the OP posts a pic with exactly that! I remember as a teenager, buying Banzai magazines and these used to be in them. They had an SR20DET engine in them, which is very tuneable. I think the Primera GTs had the same engine albeit non-turbo (SR20DE). Just sharing the Jap-Love here!

I just sold mine yesterday, it was a sad day haha. Hahaha yeah a FMIC and laguna splitter is a must with them, looks so mean when you come behind a car. Yeah the SR20DE are used in them, you also get it in the lesser version of the pulsar. What seems to be very popular is that people are taking DE head and putting it on the DET block.. the DE works like Vtec and the head is good for up to 500ish (i think)

Reactions: DJ_26
I just sold mine yesterday, it was a sad day haha. Hahaha yeah a FMIC and laguna splitter is a must with them, looks so mean when you come behind a car. Yeah the SR20DE are used in them, you also get it in the lesser version of the pulsar. What seems to be very popular is that people are taking DE head and putting it on the DET block.. the DE works like Vtec and the head is good for up to 500ish (i think)

Oh wow, didn't know they did that. Bit like how some people put K20A heads on K24 engines and the B16A Heads on B20 Blocks from a Honda CRV iirc.

That's a lot of power that it can handle there, does the same apply for the block and internals? I heard from someone in the past this wasn't the case, but I'm guessing you Pulsar boys would know! Always thought that this car was a bit of a hidden gem in the jap world, like the Japanese answer to the Lancia Delta Integrale. Although if I had a choice I would take the Lancia!

Get a good price for the car?

Reactions: S.
Oh wow, didn't know they did that. Bit like how some people put K20A heads on K24 engines and the B16A Heads on B20 Blocks from a Honda CRV iirc.

That's a lot of power that it can handle there, does the same apply for the block and internals? I heard from someone in the past this wasn't the case, but I'm guessing you Pulsar boys would know! Always thought that this car was a bit of a hidden gem in the jap world, like the Japanese answer to the Lancia Delta Integrale. Although if I had a choice I would take the Lancia!

Get a good price for the car?

Exactly like that mate but with a turbo suppose to be a caker to do but isnt cheap.. now that the DE guys know the DET guys want their engines the price has went through the roof haha.

A standard DET block and internals.. dont quote me on this but im sure theyre good for around 450 but i know the turbo is only good for 320/330 hp at fly as thats what mine was. And they absolutely fly haha

I went from an ibiza cupra 1.4 to a mk2 leon cupra R then to the pulsar last year but hardly drove it as i moved away for work and i couldnt live with driving 400 miles home and getting around 150 miles to a tank haha so it stayed in aberdeen and was driven 4 timss since april....

Emm just under 2500 with no MOT and not great bodywork.. i reckon i priced it pretty fairly considering.

Reactions: DJ_26