Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

To me l am more interested in how a car looks inside and outside, rather gadgets, £1800 bangers for the technology package in my car was a real learning curve ie not ****** worth it....l kinda like analogue dials especially when you only glance at them

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
To me l am more interested in how a car looks inside and outside, rather gadgets, £1800 bangers for the technology package in my car was a real learning curve ie not ****** worth it....l kinda like analogue dials especially when you only glance at them

Quite right, we all like different things otherwise life would be boring eh.
There might even be someone somewhere likes the new BE wheels :whistle2:

Reactions: Frazer Doe, Simon L, azibux1 and 2 others
So bar the test drive. Is this what you have settled on then jassy?.
Have you not considered an A4 S4? Or an S5 even..All great cars and bound to be a lot different to the S3...:friends:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Have you not considered an A4 S4? Or an S5 even..All great cars and bound to be a lot different to the S3...:friends:
S4/S5 too large for one person

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
You'll just need to wait n see won't cha........ lol

You'll just need to wait n see won't cha........ lol

Upload 2016 11 8 15 29 11

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 2 others
I have to agree with Jassy on analog dials. I ordered my S3 with analog. A car interior looks kind of dead with no gauge fascia when powered off and I have yet to see a graphic display that can compete with the ease of viewing of an analog and the VC option is expensive for really what gains? Apart from a perceived cool factor that quickly wears off.
Just a Dougie old fart opinion.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 3 others
I have to agree with Jassy on analog dials. I ordered my S3 with analog. A car interior looks kind of dead with no gauge fascia when powered off and I have yet to see a graphic display that can compete with the ease of viewing of an analog and the VC option is expensive for really what gains? Apart from a perceived cool factor that quickly wears off.
I've got it in my TT which is being replaced by an S3. I find it useful as pretty much all car options are available via the VC and the sat nav function is awesome. Doesn't make the car faster though and there will always be plenty of demand for them with or without cv. Disappointed Audi haven't come up with a better alloy wheel selection, the options on the TT are much better.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person

Must admit I prefer the analogue dials too although the extra functionality on the VC is nice. One thing's for sure they'll likely be standard kit in a few years anyway!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 2 others
It is funny though you look at some old Aston, Jag and Ferrari dashs with a swath of analog dials, they look great. A bit like watches; digital was once all the rage and now they mostly are analog and watches with Swiss mechanical movements are very expensive and antique ones even more so.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
It is funny though you look at some old Aston, Jag and Ferrari dashs with a swath of analog dials, they look great. A bit like watches; digital was once all the rage and now they mostly are analog and watches with Swiss mechanical movements are very expensive and antique ones even more so.

There you go Jassy, keep the BC another 20 years and it'll be a collector's item!! lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
There you go Jassy, keep the BC another 20 years and it'll be a collector's item!! lol
I thought anything in Sepang already is a collectors item..lol

I thought anything in Sepang already is a collectors item..lol

Don't ye know mate there worth Sweet F.....A......according to some folks, manual gearboxes are Trending.... fetching exorbitantly high prices.....

Don't ye know mate there worth Sweet F.....A......according to some folks, manual gearboxes are Trending.... fetching exorbitantly high prices.....
Lol...I was wondering why the salesman was pushing me to go STronic...lol
Clearly they weren't selling well...Ha ha

Lol...I was wondering why the salesman was pushing me to go STronic...lol
Clearly they weren't selling well...Ha ha

Oh what a coincidence.... my son conned me into a S-tronic as well mate..... lol

Reactions: Simon L, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Oh what a coincidence.... my son conned me into a S-tronic as well mate..... lol
Now there's something......The salesman who sold me my car is someone's son....weird or what....:whistle2:

Reactions: Daytonapig, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person

A respectable opinion mate based on experience and wisdom lol, l can see the attractions of the virtual cockpit, it's like the latest must have gadget... like having the latest iPhone.... etc etc....but it will soon be superceded by the VC...-2 in the next gen A3.... and as far options go, you've got to draw the line somewhere

Reactions: Simon L, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
A respectable opinion mate based on experience and wisdom lol, l can see the attractions of the virtual cockpit, it's like the latest must have gadget... like having the latest iPhone.... etc etc....but it will soon be superceded by the VC...-2 in the next gen A3.... and as far options go, you've got to draw the line somewhere

4K VC2 LoL ???

Reactions: Simon L, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
VC highly recommended and B&O essential.
From a convenience perspective this morning is the first time i'd wished I had gome with the ice scrapper extra. Although there are cheeper ones out there. Try to get the dealer to throw one in for free over the winter months.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 2 others
VC highly recommended and B&O essential.
From a convenience perspective this morning is the first time i'd wished I had gome with the ice scrapper extra. Although there are cheeper ones out there. Try to get the dealer to throw one in for free over the winter months.
Don't use a ice scraper on your windscreen..... tut tut....fire on yer air-conditioning max setting that should clear the ice within a couple of minutes

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Mort66 and 3 others
Don't use a ice scraper on your windscreen..... tut tut....fire on yer air-conditioning max setting that should clear the ice within a couple of minutes

Yeah, scratched a windscreen right in front of eye line years ago - never again!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Noted! I know not to use that horrible spray stuff either. Messy as hell!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rob2k68, pburv and 3 others
I've got it in my TT which is being replaced by an S3. I find it useful as pretty much all car options are available via the VC and the sat nav function is awesome. Doesn't make the car faster though and there will always be plenty of demand for them with or without cv. Disappointed Audi haven't come up with a better alloy wheel selection, the options on the TT are much better.

Totally agree on the Alloy wheel options, ****** pathetic. I went for the 19" option on my FL s3 and to be honest I really don't like them, others think they look great but not me.
To replace them with aftermarket ones will be expensive, considering the final cost on the s3 Audi should be offering more wheel options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not entirely sure how to upload a picture, I try to attach one from the camera album on my phone but it doesn't seem to be attaching?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Not entirely sure how to upload a picture, I try to attach one from the camera album on my phone but it doesn't seem to be attaching?
I can't do it even from PC. Says files are too large.

It's only a collectors item if it's rare mate! ;):p

Don't trust him, after all he conned you into buying a BC!!! :)

You never really get to know a car until you buy it,if l am honest overall the S3 gets a weak 7/10

Reactions: Rob2k68
From a convenience perspective this morning is the first time i'd wished I had gome with the ice scrapper extra
Ohhh not used one of those since I had my company car, came out one morning and away with the scraper getting all the ice off. It was only later in the day I noticed a shed load of scratches over the windscreen, so much so it needed replacing before they'd take it back off me!!!

Since then I just put the heater on full and use Prestone De-Icer, great stuff that doesn't freeze again like some others do!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
IMG 9835
IMG 9838

Finally after the 3 mth wait. Happier with it than I was even expecting. Just drove it straight on a 70mile trip and it's a lovely place to be - glacier white

Reactions: Koomerang, gripross, S3tuart and 11 others
I had Ara Blue Black Edition
Audi Magnetic Ride
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming function), Super Sport seats
Hill hold assist
Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack
Rear parking sensors
Technology Pack Advanced
19” 5-V spoke’ alloys

Best offer was 12% off, having seen the virtual cockpit in my brothers TTS I loved it
Well l got a quote for me optioned S3 wedding car £280
Well av asked for a quote on a

S3 black edition S-TRONIC in Ara blue
Including
Bang&olufsen
Pano-roof
Red calipers

Interior design package
Red super sport seats
Technology package Advance
Rear
Inlays light design
Folding mirrors
Matrix candles
Rear parking sensors

Got a quote back from Jordan for me spec £280/month with my deposit, so it looks a goer for April

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Well l got a quote for me optioned S3 wedding car £280

Got a quote back from Jordan for me spec £280/month with my deposit, so it looks a goer for April
You seen the light jassy? and gone white.....:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68