1.6 TDI 110PS - ECU Tuning - HELP

SteliosA3GR

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Greetings from greece!
I've been about a year and a few months now a owner of an Audi A3 8V 1.6 TDI 110 PS 3D Sline with 18" Rims. I've been trying to make it pretier with ebay stuff for inside, i was also thinking to change the seats and make them leather with red tons BUT the biggest issue of all is that i want to make an ECU tune and i cant decide on what! In greece there is no issue with ensurance if you tune it or with my audi guaranty ( at list for me on the second ), a friend that he is truly genius with all those staff but he aint in greece atm he is telling me about BOX (DTUK etc etc) and not programm so i can remove whenever i want , there is a guy also in greece that tuned an audi a3 8v 110ps ( true 120 ps ) to 159 and i'l upload a picture of the dyno below.
**What i want and i deadly need the help of people from our foroum that have tested and know , is an ECU Tune that can be 100% safe, yeah ok i want more power but i am sure that there is something that provides you that extra power with safety! Of course after the ECU Tune maybe in a year or so when i go enough money too i will go for an other cutback , maybe a pedal commnader and even an S3 intercooler but all that later ! At the moment i've done nothing exept a K&N filter so i can clean it and not buy all time news.
Looking forward for some answers so we can chat about the whole issue and moreover i am open to any other solution that can provide me some more power so i can enjoy that perfect car more! Thanks in advance!

A taste of my Car:

Greek ECU Tune on A3 8V 5D :

Reactions: Max-Robbo, syed123 and DJAlix
Hmmmm... your car looks just like one I was coding / working on in the car park of Athens International Airport the last time I was in Greece! :)

Reactions: Schizophonic
I had my 1.6tdi 8v remapped through the OBD port in December 2015. It has brought the power to a safe 150 bhp and 310nm that the turbo and s tronic clutches can handle. It is the best decision I ever made it has increased power vastly it feels like a different car to some extent. The power band has been widened significantly. Much easier to get upto motorway speed. Do your research and find a good tuner in your area, you won't be disappointed.

Heya and thanks a lot for the answer!
Yeah i believe too 150 bhp is about the best but after some good thought and that in greece we dont so good tuners on tdi i'l have to go for a box that i can remove it whenever i want , thing is i need peopls opinion on witch company has the safest. I dont want it for race or drag or anything , just have some power to enjoy it more :)

DTUK is probably the most well known and widely used over here. I have the same engine but can't touch it as its on lease. However, I know a lot of guy with all different makes of cars who use these box plus the DTUK pedal box and love what they do.

Get yourself a dtuk box....simples!!!
I've just put one on mine few days ago and my car feels totally different. It feels like a right old diesel menace now with the torque it's got now. Mine is a 2ltr tdi but the box will transform your car straight away. Do it!!!

DTUK indeed seems a good company with a truly organized web but it gives just 135 hp.
And yeah i also believe that it will be a whole other car with the correct tune!

DTUK indeed seems a good company with a truly organized web but it gives just 135 hp.
And yeah i also believe that it will be a whole other car with the correct tune!

I have the same engine and have done a full ecu remap with all torque limiters released, DSG remap and also have a DTUK pedal box and use that on mode sport plus + 3
The car is absolutely rapid and have kept up with cars u wouldn't believe.. I had a drag race with a new mini Cooper s n although it beat me on the straight I was less than a car length behind, but when we raced from 40mph above I was having him! It's the mid range torque hit that makes the most difference I guess!
I'm not sure how much power n torque I'm pushing but it defo feels like it's got around 170 or 180 with around 380nm of torque, it feels like that except the power feels quite abit more! ( I told tdi to go nuts with the map but of course not so much that it would be bad for the engine)‎
I test drove the new a4 190 tdi n while I found that to be very nippy, I still found my a3 more aggressive, response, more accomplished n quicker accross the whole rev range, I've had these mods for over a year now with no issues, performance keeps getting better n economy is also great (42kmiles)
If I were u id take a tdi tuning box or DTUK box, jfa automotive DSG tcu flash and DTUK pedal box, u will absolutely love the final result as they all work hand in hand.
It may cost quite abit in total but the difference the tcu flash makes is extremely noticeable, just feels like ur gearbox is actually taking in all the power rather than shedding torque‎
I literally can barely touch my throttle n still make rapid progress anywhere I go, n the best part is that it's not so overwhelming or jerky it's just right :)

Thanks a lot for the answer! Yeah am moving to the DTUK box with a pedal box and it will cost me about 550 pounds and i' have about 155 PS and almost 320 NM torque. About this dsg flash, i am having manual not automatic gear box :)
I was also thinking about tdi tunning as they may seem more specialized to diesel cars but DTUK rly works on their products all time , they just released this new tri channel systems so thats why i will propably go for DTUK. But still i wanna hear up opinions :)

No problem mate :) I haven't used the DTUK box but I have got the pedal box which is epic! I know a lot of people say it is just fooling u into making u think it's accelerating faster but I quite like the feeling of gently tapping the throttle to make quick progress, makes u feel like ur driving a bigger engine!
I know DTUK are always updating their products but the thing I liked most with tdi is their expert advice n knowledge they provide! They can really tailor the maps to ur needs! I would give them a call n speak to Steve or Andrew who could answer every question for u
Good thing is that on their max power setting the car doesn't normally flag no error codes n if it was to u can easily tell them to correct it n still manage to use the car on the most powerful setting, I've heard that the DTUK box can be powered up too high n cause driveability issues, seen a few examples on this forum..
Either way I'm sure you'll be ok with any of the 2, but because I've gone through tdi for the tuning box in the past I couldn't recommend them enough! P.s the remap is in a diff league to the tuning box!‎

DTUK is probably the most well known and widely used over here. I have the same engine but can't touch it as its on lease. However, I know a lot of guy with all different makes of cars who use these box plus the DTUK pedal box and love what they do.
My car is also a lease but they aren't going to detect it unless you damage the car through the map which isn't likely to happen if you go to a good tuner who knows what they are doing. My car has just been for its service with the map on the ecu and it wasn't detected

My car is also a lease but they aren't going to detect it unless you damage the car through the map which isn't likely to happen if you go to a good tuner who knows what they are doing. My car has just been for its service with the map on the ecu and it wasn't detected
Or if you damage the car for any other reason and the ECU gets inspected.. I'm in a company car ATM (so not too dissimilar to a lease I guess) and I keep toying with the idea, but if it gets any damage and gets inspected then I'd be chuffed

Or if you damage the car for any other reason and the ECU gets inspected.. I'm in a company car ATM (so not too dissimilar to a lease I guess) and I keep toying with the idea, but if it gets any damage and gets inspected then I'd be chuffed
Yeah probably not worth risking getting a discipline from work for. I imagine they would only inspect the ECU if there was an element of doubt over the cars performance which led to the damage. Not a simple rear end shunt or whatever. The 1.6tdi engine is dreadful without the remap. Now it is an enjoyable car to drive, for me it's worth the risk if there is any.

Joe, who did your map and then your latest service? I was under the impression that any map would flag a TD1 the second it was plugged into Audi's diagnostics?

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Joe, who did your map and then your latest service? I was under the impression that any map would flag a TD1 the second it was plugged into Audi's diagnostics?
Elisabeth Shue if I'm not mistaken Scotty?
Very classy...:yes:

Reactions: James_TDi and Scottyg
Is it only Audi diagnostics that pick this up...? Our company gets services done at halfords (cost (and quality..) saving I guess, and any bodywork repairs are third party...

Also in response to your other comment, the 1.6 is just fine really, but after a certain amount of time, 'the fiddles' are unavoidable :whistle2:

Reactions: pburv