Wheels and lowering?

Rides really well considering the 30 profile tyres. Just have to take it a bit easy over some speed bumps.

So time for the another thread resurrection on this.

We've had the car for almost a year now and today I finally got my wheels and AP coilovers fitted!

For anyone concerned about ride quality of the AP's, don't be! It rides better than than standard s line suspension.

I'm going to let the suspension settle for a couple of weeks and then possibly give it a minor adjustment before getting the alignment checked.

All that's left is to get my b.5 rear lights fitted and then a bit of paintwork freshen up.

I will put up some better pics once the weather is better and I've given it a clean, but for the time being here is a couple of pics.
6e3968f1b49c5139850b6b4af58cd4cb.jpg
745be087782c91ab120ee48e2b281390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ruairi83, V6_Man, Chop. and 2 others
For the money you can't beat the ap's, it sits perfectly now!

How's the ride with the 20's compared to stock?

Reactions: GaryDe
For the money you can't beat the ap's, it sits perfectly now!

How's the ride with the 20's compared to stock?

Ive had the 20s on for two weeks and due to the low profile tyres you do notice a difference and need to be more cautious with potholes etc.

The car is a cruiser for the wife and kids so won't be driven hard. The AP's actually have improved the ride quality considerably. It now seems much smoother over bumps. I'm not sure if this is due to the original suspension having done nearly 90k miles before being changed out for the AP's.

Thanks to all who recommended the AP's absolutely delighted with them!

Better pictures to follow over the next few days once the rain stops and I can give it a good clean.

Reactions: RyanJonS4 and Chop.
Couple of better pics now I've given it a quick wash.

f1305241460b7507e26f24546e84cdfd.jpg
6fd64cf2c8d27f7aea3dff8c8ba6423f.jpg
5e3500bb6c1a23adec210dd0553d253c.jpg

Reactions: DickoB8, Meemo, ruairi83 and 8 others
A bit of a thread resurrection here but you guys have been really helpful in this one.
I have a b8 a4 avant with the standard 18” sline alloys.
I am going to view a set of 9Jx19 ET52 Tdi-spoke alloys this evening.
Do you know if these will fit or will I need spacers? Struggling to find any threads with people trying wheels with et52 offset on these a4’s.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

I may be wrong but I think the et52 wheels are off a TT so the centre bore will be too small

I did actually see something about that somewhere. I’ve asked the guy selling them so hopefully find out.
I take it there are adapters/spacers that can allow me to fit them?

With the center bore of the wheels being too small it's a pain, there is probably an adaptor out there somewhere but should imagine it would add a fair bit to the offset

I've gone for 8.5x20 Rotas Et35 with 255/30/20 rubber Eibach Sportline springs 45F/35R and have shaved the rear mounts 10mm to level it out, standard Sline suspension ride is really good for 20s
Hello ......just came across your post on lowering springs and I have the same problem.....Audi A4 B8 2012 black edition , replaced springs and shocks with elbach , but rear sits higher than the front.

This rims looks amazing! from what model audi are?

img_3419-jpg.114950
Hi, whats the clearence like on the fronts for the calipers? ive been looking at a set of these for my car but ive just had brembo calipers fitted from a Q5. thanks in advance

@Tosh26 from what I can remember there was loads of clearance for the brakes. I’ve sold this car now but I’ve still got the wheels which I should really put up for sale.

@Bulldog I was looking at some on ebay but the only offsets I can find is ET60. :-( Was going for £250 but was in need of a refurb. My curent 20" wheels, one has a crack in so was thinking get a new set or get it repaired???

@Bulldog I was looking at some on ebay but the only offsets I can find is ET60. :-( Was going for £250 but was in need of a refurb. My curent 20" wheels, one has a crack in so was thinking get a new set or get it repaired???

If they were off a q7, the pcd will be 5x130 (?) so you’d need 5x130-5x112 adapters to allow them to fit. These start from around 20mm thick so would bring the offset down too et40 and make them fit. I’m pretty sure you can get the adapters in whatever thickness you need (from around 20mm+) to get the fitment dialled in exactly as you like

@Tosh26 yrs there off of a Q7 & as @RyanJonS4 said I used to run pcd adaptors. 20mm front & 25mm rear. That’s why I went the Q7 route for the wheels as I knew they be strong they’ve got 245/30/20 continental 6. & I’ve got a set of 5.

@RyanJonS4 @Bulldog thanks for your help ill have too look into it. Just out of curiosity how much would you want for your wheels and spacers mate??