heres a good one RNSE Security Question

AUDIA3P

Reaction score
What is the best way from NOT getting your RNSE stolen ..

heard they get stolen and are very common so im not sure if i should get one :( ...

TIPS?

I've had 1 client out of many that had there's removed as such, its not as bad as believed, but of course areas & advertising the fact doesn't help.

Whereabouts are you located?

If you needed a supply/fit solution, give me a shout.

I can get it fitted but i wana secure it so it cant get stolen..or difficult for them to take out (sent u a message)

Last edited:
Best not securing as they'll rip the dash apart to remove, the dash is far far more expensive to replace.

We supply/fit in that area.

it sounds like a PITA but remove it at night and sleep well. It comes out easily. I also leave a note for the thieves and state please come into my house so my friends smith and wesson can meet you. Target practice is always welcomed! I have no problems defending my territory

Reactions: AUDIA3P
I've had 4 cars with rnse over 9 years and a vw equivalent in between and never had an issue touch wood. A lot depends where you park through the day and at night.
You could have the front windows filmed inside to deter them but definitely don't make the rnse harder to extract as you could cause yourself more problems

True --- cardio lmao that's a good one

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I had mine stolen not so long ago (if you've read the RNSE theft thread). I had it replaced with the cheaper, less desirable Concert CD/radio system, after weighing up...... Do I want it to go through the hassle again? Did I find the RNSE features any good in the first place? Could I live without the RNSE? etc. I bought my A3 second hand, before anyone replies asking why I chose the RNSE in the first place.
The only thing I kind of miss is the SD card storage feature. Besides, I found the RNSE satnav system tedious compared to Garmin/TomTom systems which I find easier/quicker/more intuitive. It's also mounted a bit too low to look at for my liking. Map updates are costly from Audi, but are lifetime free for Garmins/TomToms. I also disliked the RNSE's default volume when you start the car, which was a bit too loud. And couldn't find a menu option to turn it a notch lower.