Project S3 FUM build .

ok , i have seen the super pro alloy wishbone kit for around £390 on the bay but not 100% sure what that actually gets you .

I fitted my whiteline alk yesterday. The hardest thing was getting the old ones off.
It does feel a little sharper on turn in, early days for a true evaluation but at this point I would say it's a worthwhile mod.
Also ordered the steering wheel today too:whistle2:

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
And so the fun continues

Reactions: Hookmonster
So off to AKS tomorrow
RS4 return valve
GFB DV+
H&R front and rear arbs
White line alk kit
R8 coil packs
Iridium spark plugs
All being fitted .

Hi Michael,
Just wanted to say "Good luck" for today. Please let us know how you get on.
Cheers,
Peter

Reactions: Hookmonster and MICHAEL PARKER
I'm feeling excited for you lol
Enjoy the drive back!

Just had a nice long walk and now sitting down having a sandwich whilst the AKS boys are working on my car , they seem a decent bunch of lads so hopefully all will go well

Nice! Any chance of doing a mini review once fitted? Would be interested to know what it's like.
The AKS boys are going to fit it and the pro alloy on the 2nd August 8 days before the car goes to R tech for a full balls out stage 2+ map .

Cool, it will be good to hear what you think of the clutch.

Ok so home now and I must say a huge thanks to the AKS boys , everything I asked them to do has been done , the car feels great , a lot more planted and it's getting a very rapid car , spec stage 2+ and pro alloy intercooler being fitted on the 2nd August like I said and then off to R Tech on the 10th , by that time everything required for a high output map will have been done , the wmi kit will then go on at some point , coil overs and big brakes will follow and then next year a turbo swap .

Reactions: Hookmonster, HHS3 and S3Alex
Oh yes I almost forgot , bought a plate yesterday as well .......

S3FUM
A little bit of electrical tape lol

Ok so home now and I must say a huge thanks to the AKS boys , everything I asked them to do has been done , the car feels great , a lot more planted and it's getting a very rapid car , spec stage 2+ and pro alloy intercooler being fitted on the 2nd August like I said and then off to R Tech on the 10th , by that time everything required for a high output map will have been done , the wmi kit will then go on at some point , coil overs and big brakes will follow and then next year a turbo swap .

Great news....you'll love the results.

All the good work you've done, please tell me those are stick on bonnet vents lol!

All the good work you've done, please tell me those are stick on bonnet vents lol!
Fully functional cut in , maybe not everyone's taste but my temp was averaging 90 degrees before and now around 83 degrees .

New plate on , front is being changed for a full size one though as some muppet has put holes in the grill and scratched the **** out of it
behind the plate before plus it also looks wrong not filling the whole apperture .

A pair of beasts together , with my mates 380 bhp beast

Reactions: Raiden, leshkin, Hookmonster and 2 others
V nice,,,,,when you've finished with those,can you spare a bit of time to clean my dirty old car!

Reactions: S.
Crikey Michael,
There won't much of the original car left soon!

My better half keeps a log on what she thinks I spend and then expects the same amount in diamonds. Thank goodness a Loba pump and an APR remap only cost £99.00!!

Reactions: HHS3, Rob C, S3Alex and 2 others
Crikey Michael,
There won't much of the original car left soon!

My better half keeps a log on what she thinks I spend and then expects the same amount in diamonds. Thank goodness a Loba pump and an APR remap only cost £99.00!!
Who said that man-maths is pointless?

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: S. and Carlos85
Michael, those wheels look great!

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Well back at AKS tomorrow , pro alloy intercooler and Spec stage 2 + clutch going in .

Reactions: S. and S3Alex
Good luck with this, we will be very interested to read your review of proceedings.
Nearly time for the trip to Hinkley!

Well back at AKS tomorrow , pro alloy intercooler and Spec stage 2 + clutch going in .

You know my opinion of the ProAlloy.

It's served me very well right the way up till now and even in hot weather,keeps inlet temps well under control.

I think you'll be pleased.

That's a sizeable packed lunch, are you planning on being there all day!?

Yes Peter , its around 9 hours labour , not that much in the box though tbh

Reactions: S3Alex
Just waiting for the pub to open now , going to chill out in there for a few hours as the weather is not the best today .

Car is being put back together , original clutch not badly worn at all but Alex said i am doing the right thing changing it . I think my car hates coming apart as they are having fun , Alex seems to take it all in his stride though

Reactions: leshkin, Carlos85 and S3Alex
My son has just sent me a pic of my splitter which has just arrived from Germany

Reactions: HHS3, S., kash_v and 1 other person
Epic, let us know how you get on with yhe spec.