TDi 170... plans are afoot!

geeks

teh geek!
Reaction score
So having settled into the car for a couple of months now plans are afoot!

First up is cruise.. Then a parrot kit, covering 130 miles a day on the M40 these two are a must!

Next up is power, sure the 170 has a good amount of go but hey it can always be better. With this in mind I am looking at a new exhaust system, a decent panel filter, a remap and of course an FMIC, if we are upping the power in my mind keeping intake temps down seems logical.

Once I have this settled and sorted then I will chuck on a set of Eibach coilovers and an RS4 RARB and that will be that.

So, does anyone know of an off the shelf setup? I have seen a "twintercooler" setup from Awesome GTi (http://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/audi/a4-b7/front-mount-twin-intercooler-kit-audi-a4-b7-2-0tdi/) but it looks a bit **** and I am not convinced it would be a worthwile setup. I am think just a straight FMIC. Dark Side Developments don't seem to do a kit for the 170 but will sell the required pipes and bends and a universal FMIC which on the face of things comes out cheaper!

Thoughts?

Plans sound good mate Iv just had the dpf delete and map but even that you get used to quick!
I fancied a fmic all seem pretty pricey! Apart from ones in eBay for the 1.8t I'm sure they could be modified? There only about £180-220. I also wanted an exhaust my old pd130 sounded pretty cool. But I fancy a different turbo next year so I Duno what to do with the exhaust.
Look forward to your plans and pics!

And get yourself a s2000 stock cone and a heat shield less than £20 and it fits straight on the sensor!

The intercooler isn't going to give you any significant gains on these, the standard injectors are quite close to their limit after a DPF delete and custom remap. I would recommend doing the DPF delete and remap and then seeing what you think - it's simply the best value for money.

Rick

Am I right in thinking even with a hybrid. Injectors intercooler and exhaust will hold you back at 230/240hp?

That's correct yes. And with the hybrid they loose their low end punch so don't feel any faster.
DPF delete, EGR delete and remap and perhaps some exhaust work for the sound is the best way to go.

Reactions: Sandra
That is a shame Iv got used to my power already :-( should have waited for a manual 3.0 v6 tdi! Never mind haha