Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Yes, they have changed the over-run sound to match the TTS so it now burbles on over-run.

Reactions: crc and Philip Davies
More pics of the FL..........
Audi-A3-S3-2017-By-Jil-McIntosh-12.jpg
Audi-A3-S3-2017-By-Jil-McIntosh-13.jpg
Audi-A3-S3-2017-By-Jil-McIntosh-11.jpg

Got an email from audi today saying my order has been sent to the factory. Same order number as my PFL order had. yourAudi hasnt updated yet.

More pics of the FL..........
Audi-A3-S3-2017-By-Jil-McIntosh-12.jpg
Audi-A3-S3-2017-By-Jil-McIntosh-13.jpg
Audi-A3-S3-2017-By-Jil-McIntosh-11.jpg

It's a grower ! Not good for those who have wheel cleaning OCD tho.

Really not a fan of the park assist dimples in the arches but that's nothing against the F/L.

Reactions: Jassyo06
What spec have you ordered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S3 Stronic PFL in Daytona

the only things I didn't spec were:
Pano Roof
Tech Pack Advanced (just got the standard tech pack)
Mag Ride

so no Virtual Cockpit or Matrix LED's

S3 Stronic PFL in Daytona

the only things I didn't spec were:
Pano Roof
Tech Pack Advanced (just got the standard tech pack)
Mag Ride

so no Virtual Cockpit or Matrix LED's

Cheers mate, nice specification! Did you managed to achieve much discount on your order? Have you got a full finance quote, if so do you mind sharing the GMFV of your S3 after the term length?

Cheers mate, nice specification! Did you managed to achieve much discount on your order? Have you got a full finance quote, if so do you mind sharing the GMFV of your S3 after the term length?

not a great deal to be honest. It was a new factory order in February so it might be different for a FL. the GMFV is £16,600 after 4 years.

Really not a fan of the park assist dimples in the arches but that's nothing against the F/L.
Would these dimples also be with the park system plus (i.e front sensors)?

Reactions: Rob2k68
not a great deal to be honest. It was a new factory order in February so it might be different for a FL. the GMFV is £16,600 after 4 years.
Oh when you said PFL I thought it was a typo

You're getting a new Pre-Facelift? Not a face-lift?

Oh when you said PFL I thought it was a typo

You're getting a new Pre-Facelift? Not a face-lift?

I'm getting the Facelift S3 but with the options I wanted on the Pre-Facelift. Although the 8 month wait is killing me!

Reactions: azibux1
I recieved something similar today but for the Matrix Headlights and instead of Build week 30 I was told Build Week 36 :(

Annoying as the delay is, week 36 isn't as bad as I was expecting - September 5th ish build

Would these dimples also be with the park system plus (i.e front sensors)?

I have parking system plus on current PFL model it consists of front and rear sensors plus the visual display on the MMI screen that gives you the visual white and red lines that represent the distance away from objects - it works really well.

The dimples on the very edge of the arches are for the Park Assist option that scans the size of a space as you drive past and then if suitable will self park ie steer for you as you control throttle and brake inputs. It's not a very common option but could be useful if you park against a lot of curbs - I find the rear camera and dipping passenger mirror to be adequate.

To clarify normal parking sensor or parking system + has 4 sensors the park assist has the extra 2 outer sensor so 6 in total.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and SpeedyFrog
I have parking system plus on current PFL model it consists of front and rear sensors plus the visual display on the MMI screen that gives you the visual white and red lines that represent the distance away from objects - it works really well.

The dimples on the very edge of the arches are for the Park Assist option that scans the size of a space as you drive past and then if suitable will self park ie steer for you as you control throttle and brake inputs. It's not a very common option but could be useful if you park against a lot of curbs - I find the rear camera and dipping passenger mirror to be adequate.

To clarify normal parking sensor or parking system + has 4 sensors the park assist has the extra 2 outer sensor so 6 in total.
Excellent. Not interested in park assist and was worried the dimples would also be on park sys plus! They sure don't look good...

Reactions: WarwickL and Rob2k68
I ordered my A3 last week, how long does it usually take to get an order code? I was originally told build week 30 but then i got an email saying it would be later as i want matrix headlights on it

The wait is already killing me and its only been a week lol. Its my 1st ever audi

I ordered my A3 last week, how long does it usually take to get an order code? I was originally told build week 30 but then i got an email saying it would be later as i want matrix headlights on it

The wait is already killing me and its only been a week lol. Its my 1st ever audi

I ordered mine Last Sunday and received an order number and tracking info from Audi UK this Monday.

What spec are you ordering? What kind of delay did your dealer say you were looking at?

I ordered the 1.6tdi s-line in glacier white with....

Advanced key
Virtual cockpit
Matrix lights
Park assist
Rear view camera
Tech pack advanced
Hill hold assist
Audi aound sysyem

The dealer said it would be a build week in november!!!

Indeed...and rather worryingly the canary yellow looks better every time I see it...

I ordered the 1.6tdi s-line in glacier white with....

Advanced key
Virtual cockpit
Matrix lights
Park assist
Rear view camera
Tech pack advanced
Hill hold assist
Audi aound sysyem

The dealer said it would be a build week in november!!!

Thats a well specced car :)

Reactions: H17YD L
I have no real interest about the VC and Matrix lights. From what I've seen the VC looks super distracting especially with a map on it and most of the driving I do is during the day. I can see myself playing with the VC for a week or so and then get mighty bored by it...
For those who select one or both of these options what are the reasons you do so? (apart from the cool factor and need to have the latest gadgets)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, azibux1 and WarwickL
I have no real interest about the VC and Matrix lights. From what I've seen the VC looks super distracting especially with a map on it and most of the driving I do is during the day. I can see myself playing with the VC for a week or so and then get mighty bored by it...
For those who selects one or both of these options what are the reasons you do so? (apart from the cool factor and need to have the latest gadgets)

I have a thing about funky lights, dunno what it is. Not just on cars, any kind of funky lights. As for the VC im only really getting it for the computerised dials. I have normal dials on my current car and hate them, i dont even look at them i prefer to have the digital numbers to look at on that so VC will be better to look at for me. Not because of the cool factor or to have the latest gadgets

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
For those who selects one or both of these options what are the reasons you do so? (apart from the cool factor and need to have the latest gadgets)

1. I occasionally drive at night - and ever since candles in a jar, every improvement in headlight tech has been a good thing. Matrix's approach seems to be a good way to overcome some limitations of passive headlight beams.

2. Sightline for any instrumentation directly in front of driver is presumably better than off to the side/down low (hence why the law requires certain info to be available to the driver in this location). If it can be done (ie: VC), including other driving cues/Nav info in this location also seems like a good idea.

Don't know why I need to explain buy I will anyway...

Virtual Cockpit

I test drove an A4 with the Virtual Cockpit and loved it. Didn't find it distracting at all, in fact I felt I was able to keep my eyes on the road more often using the sat nav than I would with without. You mentioned being bored but, surely thats the point??? It's not a toy to be looked at and played with while you drive, it's a tool that places all the info you require in front of you and in one place. It seemed very simple, intuitive and flexible. If you want the maps you can, if you don't then you don't... It's the flexibility that really sets it apart. Set it up how you want and then it won't be distracting at all;. Do I need it? NO! Do I feel it's worth the extra £400 i'm paying, Definitely!

Matrix Lights

Seemed like a no brainer to me... I already had the Auto Dimming rear view mirror and High Beam assist, meaning it was only an extra £500. I have yet to drive a car with them on but they are the most technologically advance headlights available and allow you to drive more often with full beams on, enhancing your driving experience, especially at night, when I do the most of my long distance driving. My family live in a small village, in the middle of nowhere, and the Matrix lights will allow me to drive more comfortable on the small dark roads I use late at night without the fear of dazzling other driver. Over than that... The headlights on the FL seem designed to house the Matrix lights so the car looks cooler wth them on and the dynamic sweep indicators on the front as well as the back just seems like a bonus.

1. The gain is minimal - you'll achieve more with add ons

2. MMI screen is high, VC screen low. MMI screen ensures horizon scanning and can be supplemented with the current DIS and voice cues

What I really dislike about VC is the digital performance or lack off in the gauges. Almost Nintendo 64ish

Reactions: Jassyo06
Spotted this interior - grey....it doesn't look quite like the configurator..(Rotor grey alcantara)..is it the same or something else!?..it looks half leather/suede....is that another option on the S3?

_mg_7158-m_720x540.jpg
_mg_6888-bearbeitet_720x540.jpg
audi-a3_sedan-2017-1600-m_720x540.jpg

1. The gain is minimal - you'll achieve more with add ons

2. MMI screen is high, VC screen low. MMI screen ensures horizon scanning and can be supplemented with the current DIS and voice cues

What I really dislike about VC is the digital performance or lack off in the gauges. Almost Nintendo 64ish

Each to their own though eh? I really love the look of the vc and i feel that i will benefit from having it on my car

Reactions: Pook
I couldn't justify waiting 10 months for a car just to add either of those options.

I couldn't justify waiting 10 months for a car just to add either of those options.

If you placed the order now it would only take 5 months as delivery estimate appears to be early October.

It's currently just under 4 months for a car without Matrix Lights! Exactly 4 months if you wanted the new Reg as why would you want to pick up your car in the last 2 weeks of August ;)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
If you placed the order now it would only take 5 months as delivery estimate appears to be early October.

It's currently just under 4 months for a car without Matrix Lights! Exactly 4 months if you wanted the new Reg as why would you want to pick up your car in the last 2 weeks of August ;)

but when you originally ordered the car in February ;) i have to wait until August until they start building my car anyways

I have waited 10 years for an audi..... a few more months wont make a difference lol ill have it before I know it

Reactions: Rob2k68, G--Man and SpeedyFrog
but when you originally ordered the car in February ;) i have to wait until August until they start building my car anyways

Agreed! Although thats only 8 months. Still too long I agree.

Not convinced about the matrix lights myself - my current variable range headlights often has difficulty reacting in time, or acting at all in the case of following some cars - I don't trust the system basically. Maybe they've improved things recently but if the system in my car is anything to go by I'd just end up being one of those drivers that annoys everyone by being on full beam when they are not that far behind you, or on the other side of the motorway thinking the central reservation means they don't have to switch to dipped lights. No thank you.

I ordered mine Last Sunday and received an order number and tracking info from Audi UK this Monday.

What spec are you ordering? What kind of delay did your dealer say you were looking at?

Just received my order code through email :) excited even more now. Like its became reality lol