Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Just spoke with Orangewheels and DTD both advised me that all information relating to the FL A3 is currently being downloaded from the main servers.. With the intention of all options and new colours etc being available to spec as of this afternoon / evening so we shall see..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, cppp, jonneymendoza and 2 others
I appear to be going against the grain here but the more I see the FL front end, the more I like it. Still sits too high but hey ho, other than that it's a pretty good look.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and Koomerang
Just spoke with Orangewheels and DTD both advised me that all information relating to the FL A3 is currently being downloaded from the main servers.. With the intention of all options and new colours etc being available to spec as of this afternoon / evening so we shall see..

Don't suppose they mentioned if this is only for the A3 variants or whether they will also have the configs available for the S3 variants too?

Let the madness start! :D

Reactions: Rob2k68 and CrypticMG
I appear to be going against the grain here but the more I see the FL front end, the more I like it. Still sits too high but hey ho, other than that it's a pretty good look.

I completely agree. When you look at the pfl it looks dated already with the large rounded headlights etc.
Just my option

Reactions: batch
I completely agree. When you look at the pfl it looks dated already with the large rounded headlights etc.
Just my option

Agree love the FL look; most excited about the drivetrain improvements, the new 7 speed s-tronic reason enough to choose the FL.

Don't suppose they mentioned if this is only for the A3 variants or whether they will also have the configs available for the S3 variants too?

Didn't say mate, but then again I didn't ask for specific variants.. Hopefully all of them

Oof...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
These things happen, the heated windscreen has been specified as a option since the car came out last year, and states available early 2016. it still isn't...

Bucket seats and ceramic brakes were "coming" on the RS3 and some people were waiting for them to place and order ... never arrived :dizzy:

TX.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Hope this isn't true .....

Damn I hope thats not true as well!

Just agreed my spec hoping for a July build :bye:

A3 5 Door Sportback 1.4 TFSI Cod 150 S Line S tronic
Metallic Paint Cosmos Blue
Technology Pack advanced with virtual cockpit
Door MirrorsFolding/Elect Adjst/Htd
Acoustic Parking Sys PlusFr/Rr+Disp
Matrix LED lighting package
HillHold Assist
Split folding rear seat bench
Comfort & Sound package

Reactions: pburv
Hope this isn't true .....
In Germany, the Matrix LED are available in calendar week 31 (10 weeks delay).
The S3 is available in calendar week 25 (20.06)

Last edited:
main audi site has been updated! you could now add the advance tech pack, but still no comfort and sound pack.

Reactions: CrypticMG
Just spoken to Audi UK customer services and sales team and they have confirmed that neither the Tech Pack advanced (virtual Cockpit) and Matrix LED lights will be available for build until quarter 4.

Something tells me I won't be finalising my order for an Audi A3 :wtf:

Reactions: Rob2k68
So q4....so last I'm guessing roughly around Oct time...but that before its built so looking at just before or after Christmas for delivery with matrix and virtual cockpit !!!

So q4....so last I'm guessing roughly around Oct time...but that before its built so looking at just before or after Christmas for delivery with matrix and virtual cockpit !!!

I've had enough TBH... I put in my initial order in Feb and now possibly having to wait till Dec. It was bad enough that I believed I had to wait till Sept :sos:

Reactions: Soulboy and CrypticMG
Worse for me...I'm awaiting a replacement car due to last one having problems so they are building me a new one...so delay because of facelift...now a delay because I want both these extras......getting ****** beyond a joke now!!!!

Reactions: CrypticMG
This is not good news at all. I've waited off for months to order a FL with those two options specifically.. I can't hold on to my current car for another 7/8 months if I get a December delivery, as my current PCP is up in July!

I might ring my dealer up and change cars.....whats the audi tts like compared to a s3 saloon lol

Sorry I meant the A4 when I said about heated windscreens, but anyway it is looking increasingly like I might go for one of those in the end. Better discount and all the options, aside from the windscreen, are available.
Having said that I was talking the Eastbourne Audi about a A3 saloon this morning and I gave them all the options I wanted, including matrix lamps and nothing was said as Maidstone Audi didn't either.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant the A4 when I said about heated windscreens, but anyway it is looking increasingly like I might go for one of those in the end. Better discount and all the options, aside from the windscreen, are available.
Having said that I was talking the Eastbourne Audi about a A3 saloon this morning and I gave all the options I wanted, including matrix lamps and nothing was said.

Sorry for my ignorance regards the A4. Can you actually order a heated windscreen on an A4 with no idea of when your car will be built. Or is it an option advertised that has yet been made available for order?

What I don't get, if true, is how I can place an order for a car that Audi UK themselves cannot tell me when it will be built. Just seems crazy to me.

I don't know, I went through CarWow to get an quote on a A4, that, as many other brokers sites, did allow me to specify a heated windscreen but in speaking to the dealer who gave me the second lowest quote they told me it still wasn't available, and it isn't on the official Audi website configurator either I think.

Damn I cannot decide between these specs

Option 1
A3 S-line 1.4 TFSI COD 150 STronic - Cosmos Blue
Tech pack Advanced
Audi Parking System Plus
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Door Mirrors (Folding)
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist
Split Folding Rear Seat Bench

Option 2
Tech pack Advanced
Comfort and Sound Pack (B&O Audio, Heated Seat & Rear Park Sensors)
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
High Beam Assist
Hill Hold Assist

Option 3
Tech pack Advanced
Matrix LED Lights (inch high beam assist and Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror)
Hill Hold Assist

Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!
Finalised my order today and I went for Option 4 :help:

S line 1.4 TFSI cylinder on demand S ironic
Cosmos Blue
Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack
Technology Pack Advanced W/ Audi Virtual Cockpit
Comfort and Sound Pack
Audi Parking System Plus
Door mirrors (folding)
Hill hold assist

Order went into today and now all I need to do is find out our long my wait will be :concern:

Have I done good with the spec:search:

Cosmos Blue
Comfort and Sound Pack
Audi Parking System Plus
Door mirrors (folding)
Hill hold assist

Order went into today and now all I need to do is find out our long my wait will be :concern:

how much was it? and how much discount did they give? :O
and im pretty sure the "Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack" already includes the door mirrors folding

Cosmos Blue
Comfort and Sound Pack
Audi Parking System Plus
Door mirrors (folding)
Hill hold assist

I am very interested in what price they quoted as well...

how much was it? and how much discount did they give? :O
and im pretty sure the "Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack" already includes the door mirrors folding

Door folding mirrors are not included with Matrix lights, you may be thinking about the Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror.

I paid 29k

Cosmos Blue
Comfort and Sound Pack
Audi Parking System Plus
Door mirrors (folding)
Hill hold assist

Very nice. Not sure about the 'S Ironic' though. I'd prefer my auto box to be straight up with me.

Reactions: azibux1
You're quite right. The Germans arent known for their sense of humour, but I have to admit Audi's stylists have beaten me to the punchline.

As have Audi's marketing department who think over £40k without options is an acceptable price for the thing. Now that is funny...
I think it's a German thing.

Mercedes and BMW are the same way.

I'm concerned with how Audi and Mercedes both rapidly pushed the A4 and C-Class to higher class, by both design and price point.

and today both A3 and CLA now sit in the spot the A4 and C-Class once held.

10 years from now will the A2 be the new luxury start class, starting at $30K (USD) as the A3 moves to $38K (USD)?

Same with a ford, who would think a family saloon would cost over £30k, or even a small family car at £28k?

Reactions: gamegenie

Cosmos Blue
Comfort and Sound Pack
Audi Parking System Plus
Door mirrors (folding)
Hill hold assist

Nice spec mate. Did your order go through oaky for the Matrix LEDs and Virtual Cockpit? Did you order in a dealership or through a broker?

Nice spec mate. Did your order go through oaky for the Matrix LEDs and Virtual Cockpit? Did you order in a dealership or through a broker?

Went through a dealership... Everything went through OK but I haven't had confirmation of the factory order yet. My fingers are crossed that the Q4 rumour is just that but totally expect it not to be :(

Went through a dealership... Everything went through OK but I haven't had confirmation of the factory order yet. My fingers are crossed that the Q4 rumour is just that but totally expect it not to be :(

Cool, do keep us updated.. I also hope it is just a rumour, I will need to re-alter my spec if so as I can't wait that long lol!

I hope the quarter 4 rumour is just that as if it is...from losing my first s3 saloon due to massive problems to getting my facelift s3 saloon..it would be almost a year!!!

Just spoken to Audi UK customer services and sales team and they have confirmed that neither the Tech Pack advanced (virtual Cockpit) and Matrix LED lights will be available for build until quarter 4.

Something tells me I won't be finalising my order for an Audi A3 :wtf:

Crickey that's not good at this rate I'll be joining this thread March 2017 when my cars 2 years old and looking to change or just wait another year for the 8W.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv