Fuel problem?

Nanoflux

Reaction score
Ok so was sitting in the car with the engine idling the fuel gauge was between a quarter and redline, think the FTE was about 50 miles. Then suddenly dropped to 10 miles and gauge was in the red?!?!
I noticed when started car the SAI engaged and sounded like a Hoover which I will code out tonight and reflash the ECU tomorrow. When I first got car I noticed the SAI was unplugged but plugged it back in as I know it can mess fuel trims.
Also when I switch car on the rev counter and fuel engage take about 5 seconds to move.
Any ideas? The fuel problem is worrying me more not sure if it's all connected?

Mine did that a few times, after I'd replaced the fuel pump. Went away on it's own. If you're worried, you could have a look at the fuel level sender unit, on the side of the fuel pump swirl pot.

Thanks for the reply, I pulled every single fuse to check them then went on start car..... Rev counter no longer flickers and fuel gauge gone up to 40 miles and gone past the red. I'll drive car for a bit tomorrow or at some point and see how it behaves. If not you've given something to check so cheers

Disconnecting the battery for ten minutes normally cures these strange electrical glitches.