Engine carbon clean

Ruairi_a4

Reaction score
Anyone ever used one?? Just wondering if it's worth my while booking the car to get done or just to leave it?

If you have a direct injection engine then yes, but the B6 models do not suffer with it.

Yea it's a 1.9tdi..so it would be worth doing..I've sticky turbo veins so wondering will it help or cure the problem.

I had Terra Clean done on my old 1.9tdi and it made a massive difference. The car was so much smoother and felt much more torquey. I'm going to have my S4 done as well.

Glad to hear it...don't wanna do it and it to be a waste of money but I suppose it's better than forking out for a recon'd turbo.

Anyone ever used one?? Just wondering if it's worth my while booking the car to get done or just to leave it?
Hi, i have an S4 B6 with 72,000 miles. I had " terraclean " done about 4 months ago and whilst i mentally felt a very small benefit in smoothness it made no difference to anything else that i can tell. You could also argue that the perceived smoothness was just a placebo as well.

If you have sticky vanes in the turbo the best thing to do is remove it, strip the turbo and clean it than put it back on. Mr Muscle and various other cleaners can give temporary results but they are only that. Taking it apart costs nothing assuming you can do it yourself.

Just got it done...took the car out a run. Although I think the car runs better..It's still going into limp mode! Looks like the turbos gonna have to come out!

Any how to's on taking the turbo out??