Terra clean

mattyb6

Reaction score
Well had my car terra cleaned today
And wow!!!!

What a difference! I have a 1.9 pd130 saloon non Quattro with 182k

No major issues other than a tandem pump on it's way out.

The process took about an hour in total and cost £90 which is defiantly worth it.

As soon as I drove it the turbo spooled up quicker and the waste gate released easier, the egr didn't stick as much and the ASV wasn't as harsh.

Il be giving the car a full service tomorrow to compliment the terra clean too. All new filters and oil, even put v power in too.

It's really given a new lease of life in the old girl, and I have restored faith which I was beginning to loose.

So if anyone was thinking if greeting it done, do it!

Hum, interesting especially for people with a few miles on their engine, like me! So they change the content of the fuel supply, what else is connected to the engine and where? I only had a quick browse of the website, I do wonder the reasons for needing the floor standing equipment!

Well had my car terra cleaned today
And wow!!!!

What a difference! I have a 1.9 pd130 saloon non Quattro with 182k

No major issues other than a tandem pump on it's way out.

The process took about an hour in total and cost £90 which is defiantly worth it.

As soon as I drove it the turbo spooled up quicker and the waste gate released easier, the egr didn't stick as much and the ASV wasn't as harsh.

Il be giving the car a full service tomorrow to compliment the terra clean too. All new filters and oil, even put v power in too.

It's really given a new lease of life in the old girl, and I have restored faith which I was beginning to loose.

So if anyone was thinking if greeting it done, do it!

You say the EGR didn't stick as much....in you sig it says "EGR Delete"
I have nothing but bad news about terraclean, especially on high mileage cars. My advice: Don't bother!

I still have a egr as such just the pipe has a blank plate on. With the vac lines still attached.

I had a feeling the valve was sticking. And it was weeping.

Anyway, it's basically an aircon style machine that hooks up to your fuel lines after the filter.
They inject a pure fuel at a high pressure for about an hour.
Rpm say about 2k with a pedal clamp thing.
The machine cycles through various stages to prime the system, flush it, etc but I could see all the cycle details on the machine light up. And the bloke talked me through it.

Paul I got it done at Washington auto electrics with my brothers mk5 aswell as we both got a discount for getting them done together.

He has both the petrol and diesel machines, a1 wanted £200 each although he is mobile.

Yeah my brother rang him and couldn't believe the price

I'm still getting a 'tapping, ticking sound'

I'm going to change the oil and filter tomorrow, and if that sorts it. If not I think it's going to be a tandem pump change as I know it's on it's way out anyway and been suffering with it for months

Get it done mate
The bloke said he would sort me out next tone I want it done too :)

Just use premium diesel all year round.
What is the service history like? At 182k, you might simply need new tappets.

Full service history mate, always had used good oil.
Timing belts and what not always been done on time.

I think il whip the rocker off tomorrow and have a quick look. Don't wanna spend money on things I don't have too, such as injectors. Lol

Due to it's age, and mileage, I was thinking of getting the injector seals changed, the tandem pump replaced when I get the timing belt done.

Just for peace of mind really, and to shed some new life into the engine

Have heard bad things about similar services, would like to do this but potential cons outweigh pros.