1.4 tfsi vs 1.4tsi power differences

Oh right be careful with the universal kits, where's your maf on this? Not to sure, I know mine does and if you take the cat off and remove the insides of the precat then you gain a good amount of power, and it only costs your time, it will pass MOT too.... I've got a ramair on my car, cheaper but a great bit of kit

The MAF isn't on the intake side of the turbo, all I have is the filter pipe and a small breather pipe that goes to somewhere on the block, so won't be too much chew really, will only be getting a pipe with the small adjacent pipe for the beeather

I say start with the air filter as you are and then exhaust, remap and you will be a happy man, it will be similar speed to a 1.8T then! Just look out for used parts, have a look if you can use parts of any other cars? I know Vw parts fit too, get trawling the Internet mate

Does taking the internals out of the precat include removing the manifold/turbo/exhaust all together or is there a faster way ?

I will do haha, haven't had much time to today as the Empire last night gave me a good hangover to deal with today haha

Just remove the exhaust manifold and the precat will be right there, not sure how accessible it is on yours, usually easier to take the full system off to get the downpipe off

Good lad, wish I was able to go out, still recovering from an op, could have killed a god beer last night

Wish you well then mate, you guys have been a massive help, was half expecting to just get trolled straight away

I try to help people where I can, haven't got the knowledge of some people on here but I try and do my bit and hope for it in return when it comes to it, the zsoc forum for my fiesta ZS was sh1t for anything other than making your car look pretty haha, this forum is much more active and I learn loads by just reading!

Learnt a bit about your 1.4 engines in this process!

Well I think that will be next, making mine look pretty haha, was thinking of a new rs3 style grill, some bbs ch's in gun metal grey, my cars looks the same as your display picture same colour gen etc

I'm planning on plastidiping my full car within the next couple of months! I've done little bit to the exterior of mine, honeycomb front grill, yellow fogs, rotiform blq style alloys, black mirrors, red calipers, fly eyed rear lights and private plates, got loads planned for it but it's money money money! I love the bbs ch, just an extremely popular wheel!

402f83dbf97150b44c3f03551a350cf1.jpg

How mines currently sat, just needs lowering a little!

Thats pretty nice, i dont really want a k&n tbf just cause of the fact that all the f**kboys have them on their citroen c1's and corsa's

Was looking at putting something like this together:

Step 1, spend a few months gradually building an intake :L

Belive it or not the heat shield is made from the front of a boiler. Just need to change the jubilee clips for t-clamps

Attachments

• 20160416_202234.jpg
    20160416_202234.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 158
  • 20160416_202243.jpg
    20160416_202243.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 151
  • 20160416_202239.jpg
    20160416_202239.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 159
Reactions: Cambaines
Sorry to continue an old thread but did you do the work after? Such as installing a down pipe and sports cat?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

So far I've done the intake and messed around with it abit, found out its best to use an adapter on the recirculation valve to vent to atmostphere as it goes down the breather otherwise.

I've put some alloys on and are just getting round to the exhaust, got a quote for £900 atm, shouldent be too long before I get it :)

Sounds good I have been looking at a forge enclosed induction kit, don't want it too loud, going to be doing some long trips in this

Sounds awesome keep us updated should be interesting to see the power gains

Yeah 1.4 tfsi s Line in misano red
Very happy with it