Reset service light wont work

Deano82

Reaction score
Just tried to reset my service light, a3 sportback 2009.

Switched ignition on, pulled out stork on right until service shown, pulled it out again and it only reset the oil change counter and not the service counter. When you turn the ignition off and on again it still shows service due

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It needs to be done via VCDS you can't do it using the clocks as far as I know. And in VCDS the SRI reminder function won't work, you gotta go into the adaptions of the instrument module and do it that way.

There should be a video by ross-tech on you tube :)

Damn im sure this worked when I done it last year

As per Sayam states :)

Reactions: Sayam
I thought it had to be user resettable as car makers can't enforce Main dealer only servicing. Was the case on earlier Audis.

I thought it had to be user resettable as car makers can't enforce Main dealer only servicing. Was the case on earlier Audis.

They aren't enforcing mean dealer only servicing because anyone with VCDS can do it, no doubt some of the SnapOn machines and other diagnostics used in garages will be able to do it as well.

Still not fair, I can reset the wifes 2006 A3 service indicator with the button but not my 2010 A3 TFSI.

Still not fair, I can reset the wifes 2006 A3 service indicator with the button but not my 2010 A3 TFSI.

I didn't say it's fair buddy because it certainly isn't. Just saying that they aren't forcing you to use a main dealer for servicing. Heaven knows what those people do who service their own car...

Have tried and failed numerous times to get rid of service due message on my a3. Why can't Rosstech just update the SRI reset tool to automatically do it by now? I've gone through all the channels I can find to reset everything and it still comes on!

Have tried and failed numerous times to get rid of service due message on my a3. Why can't Rosstech just update the SRI reset tool to automatically do it by now? I've gone through all the channels I can find to reset everything and it still comes on!

It is a pain in the backside, no idea why rosstech can't update SRI reset as you say.

Watch from 1:58 onwards :)

Reactions: c_w