What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

don't know what brand you got but if both springs have gone just get a new set preferably from a different brand... as these clearly aren't fit for purpose. My previous vectra c was known to break springs i searched until i found a brand that had the same spring rate for the car but didn't break the springs... i ended up with TA-techniks lowering springs and sport shocks on that car... they lasted until the car went to the scrappy because the engine seized (runaway turbo). they were on the car for over 6 years and still looked fresh when it went to the scrappy.
I'm pretty sure Rob has Eibach coilover front & rear, their springs are not normally known to fail.

Reactions: northpole
I'm pretty sure Rob has Eibach coilover front & rear, their springs are not normally known to fail.
I’ve used Eibach for years and not had any issues before. These coilovers are only 5 years old so a bit annoyed both springs have failed.
The old Golf has Eibach springs on the standard shocks, they’re well over 10 years old and still going strong.

I was considering changing to KW but the Eibach coilovers use a KW shock so I can see the point. Also happy with the ride and height etc.
Going to order some new springs at the end of the month, I’d rather put more into the big turbo project and the sound system at the moment.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
I’ve used Eibach for years and not had any issues before. These coilovers are only 5 years old so a bit annoyed both springs have failed.
The old Golf has Eibach springs on the standard shocks, they’re well over 10 years old and still going strong.

I was considering changing to KW but the Eibach coilovers use a KW shock so I can see the point. Also happy with the ride and height etc.
Going to order some new springs at the end of the month, I’d rather put more into the big turbo project and the sound system at the moment.
It's worth having a chat with Eibach with a view to some serious discount on a replacement pair.
If it were me I'd be having a serious conversation with Eibach about the spring's quality to be honest, one failing maybe but both together does seem very odd given the short time frame and Eibach's highly rated quality.
If it where Audi Springs it wouldn't be a surprise at all, but I had a good snoop on the web for articles on failing Eibach coilover springs and nothing to be found which , kinda suggests it's a rare occurrence, worth having a chat with them Rob.

Reactions: Rob Avant
What sort of milage have you covered on those springs Rob?
possibly some argument with Eibach if its low miles even after 5 years.:thumbs up:

Just checking with Eibach, they come with 5 year warranty Rob.
" All Eibach performance springs come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty for your peace of mind."

Just finished adding the Parrot CK3100 to the OEM radio... had to wait for the piggyback fuse holders to arrive, than they came when it was raining (last Monday) so I waited until it was dry to install install it and tuck it away... still have to add my dashcam, my reverse camera and another charging point to the car. So I'm far from done with the electrical creature comforts.
I was going to put my pioneer Appradio in there but decided against it... it looks out of place, maybe I'll switch to a RNSE aftermarket Android unit if I find one cheap enough. But for now if someone calls me whilst driving, I can finally pick it up and they can hear me without the need for me to shout... I hid the mic behind the OEM microphone spot so it just looks normal until you spot the parrot control unit with it's little LCD screen. ( tip for others adding a mic... use some duct-tape to stick the wire to the plastic so that you can keep it in the right position and freely have a bit of pull on it whilst tucking in the wire behind the panels)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Off to get 4 new tires fitted on Monday, going to get some Eagle F1s back on, I just can't get on with these continentals I have fitted, I should have fitted F1's at the time, you live and learn.:thumbs up:

Reactions: norad97
Off to get 4 new tires fitted on Monday, going to get some Eagle F1s back on, I just can't get on with these continentals I have fitted, I should have fitted F1's at the time, you live and learn.:thumbs up:
I read about people complaining about the continentals on the audi's funnily on the other vag brands there are less complaints. Go figure!

They just feel so twitchy, a fair bit of tramlining too even after a full 4 wheel alignment.
Never had any probs prior with the eagles.

Cool something to keep in mind since I need 5 new tires.... don't ask but basically the fronts are done for the rears are oke but 2 different budget brands and the spare is f-ed(bought it like that) but not much left besides that just want to replace all the rear bulbs(output is naff) and have to put a new inner cv joint on the NS front driveshaft. (Will probably just replace the whole driveshaft with a new one).

Than the car will be in tip top condition.

What I have noticed with the conti's is that they appear to be a very hard compound , and a lot harder than the eagle F1's , maybe that part of the problem.
My previous Eagles lasted really well and were faultless on the car, these conti's are just , well hard to describe but its not ideal frankly , i would not fit them again .

Ive got Eagles in the A4 Cab and I do like the lip they have to protect the alloy. The SQ5 had Continentals and they worked really well. Not too noisy either.

Talking of which, I’m dropping the car off and getting 4 wheels refurbished next week. It’s a place that Swisstony recommended so I expect great things.

Also booked for MOT and service with Audi (free mots after I had the Cambelt done there) and then, sadly, it will get tucked away for winter…

Noted! Will get another brand... I'll probably end up with Toyo or Michelin.

I ran Toyos on an older 911 and they were grippy but they did wear (very) quickly.

Currently got a set of Michelin Latitude Sports which seem very grippy but are noisy but then they are 265 fronts and 295 on the rear. Too early to tell how long they’ll last.

Only brand I’d never buy again are Pirelli. Lasted about 8k miles. A second set (that came on a company car, much to my annoyance) the tread peeled off one day when it was parked. Other half’s Tiguan the tyres started to crack and perish after 3 years and 5k miles. Def avoid.

" All Eibach performance springs come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty for your peace of mind."
They are over 5 years old… Annoyingly I bought them and didn’t fit them for nearly a year. I’ve emailed Eibach and spoken to the supplier I bought them from, don’t think I’m going to anywhere though. The supplier I bought them from has offered a discount, I’ve not accepted yet as waiting to hear back from Eibach.

They are over 5 years old… Annoyingly I bought them and didn’t fit them for nearly a year. I’ve emailed Eibach and spoken to the supplier I bought them from, don’t think I’m going to anywhere though. The supplier I bought them from has offered a discount, I’ve not accepted yet as waiting to hear back from Eibach.

Never used Continentals before but will avoid them after hearing about your struggles Rob.
Must admit I’ve only used Pirelli’s on our 3 cars for the last 10+ years, never had any issues. The last set of P Zeros lasted years and many miles. The P Zero R02s I’ve got now are awesome, wouldn’t change them for anything else. The old Golf has also been running the cheaper P7 Cinturato’s for years without issue.

Well at least they have offered a discount so that a starting point, id be pressing them harder for free replacements. :yes: :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob Avant and northpole
i just re-aligned the front bumper... i drove it like this for months because i couldn't be bothered to sort it out properly... but before Babette hits the UK's shores (storm supposed to bring heavy rainfall etc starting tomorrow) I thought f- that and make the car look how it should...because from any angle it looked like i drove around with the bonnet open unless you are standing on the NS or OS front next to the wings... looks a ton better now

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Gmac
Air filter, pollen filter. 2.0 BRD

Removed throttle body, EGR and inlet manifold for a de-coke....the inlet manifold is tricky to clean...the top part you can't get to much really. Next time I'll soak it overnight. The hidden 6mm allen needed plenty of cleaning before I could even see it....it's only thanks to YouTube that I even knew it was there! It would definately have caught me out.

Swirl flaps now clean, they were moving fine / smooth before anyway. I used brush on Gunk and brake cleaner to de-coke....oh and a flathead screwdriver lol.
What a messy job though.

New genuine gaskets for the above.

The EGR was pretty bad, but cleaned up nicely, wasn't seized and the spot weld on the valve seemed fine.

went into it reset all the faultcodes from not having the steering flappy pedals on, changed my steeringwheel for one out of an A3 with flappy pedals just to get no response at all in changing the code... believe you me when i say i did all the tricks in the book including logging into the engine module first before trying to make a change... but i guess the thing is wired differently so I did send a PM to @Charlie Farley with the ask to get his old MFSW with flappy pedals.... straight from a b7 just to see if that will work...

so jarred off you have no idea!

Last edited:

I like my Goodyear tyres, they have been brilliant, will buy again.

I'm finding my Michelin PS5 up front really good.
Cheap on Camskill plus £24 cashback from Michelin for buying 2.
PS4 on the back....but going soon as only 3mm left....balanced them up the other day, and one is out of shape slightly and both are several years old.
S Line 235 40 R18

d48fad3c39101a8c44b2c963f6e1592e.jpg

6hr round trip half done to collect the latest attempt to suppress my wheel addiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your getting as bad as me for alloy. Lol
A ive had a lot on my old bus

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
235 35 R19 9j 35et ,I was dubious but I’ve seen them fitted to a s4 b7 and I’ve done the maths
Tyres are a little more stretched than I’d usually run but once I’ve checked clearance they could be swapped in future
For the money I paid and considering the condition of the tyres and what my refurber charges I can’t go wrong

They remind me of the S8 alloys but with a solid one-piece centre cap.:icon thumright:
Are you leaving the centre caps as is or doing the same colour as the rest?

Yes ,that was part of the attraction,these centre caps are 3 piece ,go for quite big money themselves especially in this condition
The other part is with the refurber
1d65f94accd2656f3ff96e6434e6515f.jpg

They remind me of the S8 alloys but with a solid one-piece centre cap.:icon thumright:
Are you leaving the centre caps as is or doing the same colour as the rest?

bc24916cd45f882d9a17e3bd9e51d1ed.jpg

They’ll be the same as the wheel ,the other 2 parts staying as is

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley